Batman Returns in 2013

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 12, 2013.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I would love them to wait and make it for new consoles and PC and expand even further on the size of the game from Arkham City... This time I want the WHOLE of Gotham to explore! I want to be able to explore the whole Wayne mansion, play as Bruce Wayne with proper missions as him, like having to go to parties and events or business meetings (this could be dynamic and if you miss a meetings or something as Bruce because you were doing a Batman mission people start to question where you were and why you didn't turn up...). I want a massive main story with more villains, loads of side missions involving more villains. I want to be doing one mission, whilst in the distance the bat signal lights up the sky and I have the choice of either leaving the current mission to attend the next one or ignoring the new one and carrying on with the current one. I want to drive the Bat mobile around Gotham, I want to fly the Batwing around the skies land on a roof top and stand all menacing on a gargoyle statue because I'M BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS WOULD BE EPIC!!!!

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I felt like that with the first game after about 30 mins, uninstalled and never went back.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The first game is in my top 2-3 games of the last 5 years, and was something i looked forward to coming home from work and actually playing.

Great story and atmosphere, enjoyable albeit simplistic combat, no guns which is a refreshing change in a game and while it was essentially linear it never felt that way, even the challenge modes were fun.

Second game gave me some performance issues so it got put on my list of games that will get looked at when i get new hardware as i don't want to play it unless i can enjoy it properly.

A third game would be good, but i doubt i will be interested if it's not Dini and Rocksteady, Aliens CM is a perfect example of how to mess up a movie tie-in, and while i'm not saying who will take over will be as bad a developer as Gearbox, i don't think WB Interactive have many developers suited to such a project.

4. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Open CL or not buying. :)

5. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I agree. MUCH bigger metropole needed in Batman3 and the Batwing / Batmobile as main vehicles, driving from mission area to mission area or just searching the open city for clues where to go.

BatmanAC was kinda weird because the whole city was just a huge criminal fortress. Would be great to have a city like in the comics - normal ppl all around and you as the world's greatest detective should need to INVESTIGATE to find master criminals.

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    No Rocksteady. Prequel. Next Gen game.

That's what I'm hearing at the moment.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, it's supposed to be 1950's Batman .. talk about a prequel! I'm not sure about the impact of Rocksteady not working on the game but atleast it might not have GFWL & securom in it. Paul Dini stated on twitter that he's not working on the next game, that's a bummer. I hope Kevin Conroy is still the voice of Batman.

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i thought conroy and hamill said they were retiring after the last game, newer animated batman movies lack conroy also so i tend to believe he was done done after ac.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mark Hamill said he was retiring after Asylum but he showed up in City. Let's wait till the game is officially announced. I really hope Conroy stays, he's to Batman as James Earl Jones is to Vader.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    agree conroy is batman if you watched cartoons at all in the 90s.

but with the new movies i find myself missing hamills joker more than conroy's batman.

11. tony_almeida

tony_almeida Guest

GPU:
    Videocard
    directx11 implementation of arkham city was full fail.
    and it is the first dx11 game that needs .net framework 4.0 i see.
    that must be the reason of performance problems. it's not native i guess.
    physx effects just don't worth, i agree.

but arkham asylum and arkham city are in my top 5 games last 5 year.
    no rocksteady, no buying...
    well, probably.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i thought it was only my crappy video card where dx11 in ac was fail, ran great in dx9/10 mode though.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The implementations of both DX11 and PhysX were clearly problematic in Arkham City, but both things were patched late in development by Nvidia and both are optional, so I find it weird that people complain about something that can be disabled.

I quite like the idea of the game being set in the 50’s, will be a different atmosphere, but without Dini I worry about the writing and no Rocksteady makes me worry it will be a shallow and linear action game.

Voice wise, after watching a recent animated movie with Peter Weller doing the voice, I’m not convinced he is a good choice for the part.
    I also saw a clip the other day, and sure it’s the guy from Person Of Interest/Lost (forgotten his name) doing the joker now, done and ok job, though no match for Hamill.

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Mark Hamill was absolutely brilliant. He was so good that I started to research on who was the voice behind the Joker and I was stunned to find out that our good old Luke Skywalker has become the voice behind many evil characters! That beeing said I'm curious to see him in SW episode 7, maybe Luke turns to the Dark Side after all, he could certainly act the part! :evil:

As for the next Batman, I'm up for the ideea of a prequel, I liked the first two games but I got a bit bored of the Arkham theme.

15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    this. did the exact same thing

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    No Rocksteady... no interest.

17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Batman Arkham Origins? Translated from the french website...

Source: Gameblog.fr

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    get rid of crappy U3E streaming (or this engine in general) or deffo not buying.

Both earlier titles were bad enough and now Bioshock :S

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rocksteady again? Wonderful :) They know Batman. And they know drm .. lol. I dearly hope they skip the garbage as MS itself isn't slapping on GFWL anymore.

20. Unraveling

Unraveling Member

GPU:
    HD 7950@1000/1500
    AWESOME, love the games :D