biostar hi-fi h77s vs asus xonar dg

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ShutDown_Hussain, Jan 21, 2013.

1. ShutDown_Hussain

ShutDown_Hussain Active Member

GPU:
    rx 580 / 8GB
    alc 892 modified vs asus xonar dg

hi
    is this motherboard's audio ( http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=609 ) better than the asus xonar dg. has anyone bought it? i would like to know your views. also if you know what kind of dac's are used. i currently have an audigy value card.
    thank you.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Onboards are generally pretty low quality and usually easily surpassed by even the entry level of modern soundcards. If you are buying a new mobo, I would buy a new soudncard to go with it.

3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    The Xonar DG would still be the better choice then the onboard on most motherboards,Unless the motherboards uses Recon3D like the Sniper boards that Gigabyte makes, or comes with Xonar based sound cards, Like some of the Asus RoG series motherboards.

4. ShutDown_Hussain

GPU:
    rx 580 / 8GB
    actually i saw your "onboard vs dedicated" sticky but still asked; sorry. but isnt some of the xonars have the same audio processor but different components, dacs? so i thought the hifi branded mobo from biostar with shielding and other good components be better even if it uses a realtek chip?
    sorry just curious. i myself think dedicated soundcards are far ahead in quality compared to onboard but as genclaymore says there are indeed some mobos with good onboard.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013

5. ShutDown_Hussain

GPU:
    rx 580 / 8GB
    thank you.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Realtek ALC892 is garbage. It's no contest.

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    No problem, this is the place for questions.
    No Xonars use a realtek chip for main outputs as the quality is just not there.
    Some onboards are better in comparison to others but they are all pretty low end compared to what is available for soundcards.