700 series might be coming out next month, as well as Titan Ultra

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by captain_trips, Apr 25, 2013.

1. captain_trips

captain_trips Guest

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli
    Apparently the 700 series is poking up next month

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/new...2c-gtx770-is-gtx6802c-gtx760ti-is-gtx670.aspx

and here:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/graphi...TX_700_Series_Line_in_May_Market_Rumours.html

and here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-700-Kepler,22204.html

and along with a possible Titan Ultra and Value (LE) edition:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Nvidia-Teases-GTX-Titan-LE-GTX-Titan-Ultra-54952.html

And gee, I just upgraded from my (2) 680's this week to (2) Titan superclocked models, lololol. What luck.

and another article about the 700 series is out on wccf tech's site as well, with a bit more detail. I'd link to it, but for some reason, it blocks the site link.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  2. Sukovsky

Sukovsky Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Looking good! Especially that my 680 will be just fine for the time to come!

3. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Still rumors...

4. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    wow, i was waiting for ATI, but it seems that nvidia got the time! looking great, since my 6870 is almost dying.

One capacitor exploded because i forgot to connect fan after baking haha. Now when i leave the PC idle for a long times sometimes graphics break and i have to reboot (not a big problem, but sometimes its zzz), plus i have to bake it each 4-5months ._. I was waiting for ati 8000, but if nvidia does it now, count me in :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013

5. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Lol you forgot to connect the fan? Geez.. :D

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Your not alone Dr newb did the same thing

7. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    xD :banana:

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    And here I am thinking I was the only one killing PC parts :D

9. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    5gb Gtx 780 I wouldn't mind upgrading sli 780's :D

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Good that nV is scaling Titan Up and Down. We need affordable Full GPUs which can do compute stuff.
    Not that bad rendering vs compute balance GTX 6xx has. This may be push needed to get Direct Compute stuff all around.

11. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    no no mine is still alive :nerd:, only when the PC is idle sometimes i have to restart because i can't click anything. Pc still works so i can leave downloads running and it never happens when i'm clicking/there are frame changes (i guess that capacitor which blew up was used to keep some data when the GPU was very idle). So no problem.

Anyways it was after the 2nd baking.... (one in december, 2years and 1month after i bought it :bang: and another 1month ago) so with or without capacitor i think it's gona die sometime soon anyways.

Too bad this ones are not 22nm yet :(. But they do look good anyways. looking forward for the 760

12. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Think I am gonna go for GTX 780 day one, 5 Gb of VRAM sounds tasty...

13. Stryfex

Stryfex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    Man I am going ****in' nuts waiting for more info on the release date of these cards

I want to buy some so bad, and I have games sitting there that I'm waiting to upgrade to play and it's driving me crazy...been scouring guru3D and other similar sites every morning looking for more info but there's nothing :(

Please release these damn things ASAP so i can light some of my saved up money on fire

14. Stryfex

Stryfex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    I've been reading that the initial rumor of a 499-599 780 were off, and that the 780 is expected to cost "at least" $700 USD, likely as much as $800

which is ****ed

i've been so excited to buy 2, thinking they would be about $550 each....but at $750 I don't even know if I would buy one

15. Ragingun

Ragingun Guest

GPU:
    295x2
    I love Nvidia but I am sick of them screwing the market with their price levels to the point that I bought my current 7950. I had 6600gt SLI, 8800gtx SLI, and the 285gtx and loved all of them but for performance they are WAY overpriced. Hell, I got my 285gtx right after they came out, the best card available mind you, for $379. And that was an EVGA FTW!

Last edited: May 2, 2013

16. Sukovsky

Sukovsky Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Sad but true. With the 7 series the 680 will effectively be midrange, and 780 high end, but pricing is through the roof. All the people
    thinking that 7950/70 are competing... They're not at all

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I was so happy to finally be high-end but looks like that wont last for long :<

18. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The HD7950/70 competing is a price/performance thing.

Anyways, when the 700 series comes out, it won't make the 680 a mid range card. The 770 is effectively an updated 680, and that is still considered a high end card (just a mid high end card), so the 680 will still be considered a mid high end card.

19. RodsterPS360

RodsterPS360 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 w/ACX Cooling
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  20. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The 30 percent faster than 680 has been floating around for a while, but some have been questioning it. Since a 780 is basically a Titan with some parts disabled (or in effect, the Titan being a GTX680Ti or whatever!), it stands to reason the performance will be less. That, and the fact that it is cheaper. The 780,by the specs, should be around 90 percent of the performance of Titan (maybe a tad more), which means if the 780 is 30 percent faster than 680. then Titan must be almost 45 percent faster than the 680, which it isn't. Of course, this depends on the games you play. The unfortunate thing about saying it's x percent quicker is that it's not uniform across all games, and that they typically choose the higher gain, such that it is 'up to 30 percent quicker', and not '30 percent quicker in anything you chuck at it'.

It seems around 30 percent it what Titan gets over the 680, and since the 780 is similar it's probably where the suggestion of 30 percent started. If you use this is as a basis, the 780 should be around 17-19 percent quicker than the 680.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013