Shadow Warrior 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Apr 28, 2016.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/324800/discussions/0/152391285463840340/

2. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    This game is dissapointing I played the first even pre orderd this one.
    But they made it to complicated all these modifactions for weapons, elements and such it takes allot of the fun of playing the game.
    It's all just not as great as it could have been, it sucks.

3. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    Strange this is actually why I enjoyed it so much, endless possibilities. I do agree is complicated at the beginning but after you see whats it is all about its quick to upgrade the items. They probably should have made a tutorial for that part though.

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    While I do prefer the first one, I still had a lot of fun with SW2.
    I do feel the loot needs a lot of work. It seems to be more so about quantity then quality.

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yeah this one is fun, but its too Borderlands'ish for me. I liked just slashing my way through the first one. Not having to micromanage my inventory after every time I kill a group of enemies.

Still a decent game though.

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    the things u mentioned are something minor which take nothing away from how decent this game is, so it's a not a big deal

7. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    it's a megadeal cause you constantly have to update weapons or it's to weak and think what element you use against certain enemy's. :banana:

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I've never tried this serie. What is it about? i've seen a guy jumping from a high spot and landing with a roll , looked cool lol.

9. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    I'd start with Shadow Warrior 1, or if you don't mind old graphics with Shadow Warrior Classic Redux.

You play as Lo Wang and like Duke Nukem you say allot of cheesy things and you slash up allot of your enemy's with your Sword. Ow and it's a demonic setting and you have special powers. Which can make you do special things with your sword or spike enemy's with pins from the ground, become invisible for a bit, push them away and such things.

I liked the previous ones very much, just this one is more complex than it should be with to many weapons, elements and the tons of upgrades and the most dangerious enemy is basicly the Lord Bunny when you kill to many Bunny's and a badass Bunny appears.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    nice, thanks. I DO mind graphics lol. Think i'll grab one of the Shadow Warrior once i chek the price!

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    You don't have to constantly do anything.
    I ignored the loot for large portions of the game and only really dived into it in between missions, or if a weapon felt like it was loosing it's edge.

Namely, if a weapon starts dropping in effectiveness against enemies, it's almost always around the same time you get a newer, better weapon.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Bounty Hunter Part 1 DLC Released

Flying Wild Hog have released the first of the Bounty Hunter DLC for free.

May jump back into the game and try some of it out.

13. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Since a few days I'm having crashes and as I understand it's caused by the ice sword things im using, what a joke still not fixed from october?

14. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    I think with todays patch they fixed the crash for my ice weapons!
    Btw I have to admit I now am secretly starting to love Shadow Warrior 2 love.
    Doh I do still find it has been to complicated I must have like 16 weapons orso and so many upgrades, to much choise bleh and Master Crafting just doesn't seem worth it because it always has a minus % so I don't use it.

Right now I have 3 insanly effective swords/melee weapons.
    - Blizzard a very effective double sword, it has 114% freeze chance that says it all
    - Crimswords also a double sword which is made highly poisonous with its 120% vulnerability and damage against the strongest enemy's. (also have a super effective poisenous Nobitsura)
    - Saw Blade it has a 100% burn rate and high damage, i love it doh it's a lil dangerious cause you can be stuck sawing 1 enemy, it sometimes can be ultra effective when spinning 360

I also love love love Photo Mode I take the most beautiful screenshots lol.
    The only problem is Steam makes the screenshots low res...

Here is an example they made it low res...
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2d1tfk2&s=9

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  15. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    Did you try the steam option "Save an Uncompressed Copy" for your screenshots?

16. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Nope, going to look for this option!

17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Sums it up for me. Same here. Pre-ordered. Installed, played a level. Uninstalled. I just reinstalled it and plan to try it again which is what made me check out this thread.

Even if I still hate it, I don't regret buying software from developers who push the PC and support the title on PC as well as these guys do.

18. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    I had also unistalled it and came back in februari orso. Took about 6 hours in before I started getting some badass combination with the swords and elements and that it became allot more fun, I still stand with my statement that they made it to complex.

But I am loving the game now and the devs are nice they have made 3 free dlc's the christmas one is still playble when you click the snow globe and I'm expecting atleast a 4th dlc since they named it part 1.

19. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I ran through what I assume was the first level, I got back to my car with the items, etc.

The graphics didn't blow me away, I went into settings and disabled chromatic abbr and film grain, much nicer. Still some really muddy textures that I know is a small thing, but annoys me beyond belief when this is a PC exclusive title in 2017 and I'm seeing xbox 360 looking rocks and walls. Other than that, I'm enjoying it more this time. Gonna keep going.

I need breaks like this between Zelda on switch. That game pisses me off beyond belief. I'm losing my touch at 35. Lol. :bang:

20. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    I made a video of the melee weapons :p
    Timestamps are on youtube.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017