NVIDIA to launch more cards this year, Maxwell in Q1 2014.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by TheDeeGee, Aug 22, 2013.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Little birds have spoken. NVIDIA is quietly planning to launch more models this year.

New graphics cards this year
    New models would probably include more GK104/106 rebrands. NVIDIA could launch more GK208 entry-level models as well. We are probably expecting more Titanium cards with boost mode enabled. With GeForce 600 series NVIDIA launched three x50 cards, I expect 700 series to be no different.

GeForce GTX 790 in few months?
    However this is not all. NVIDIA is also working on a new high-end model. At this point I don’t know if this is the so-called TITAN ULTRA with fully enabled GK110 GPU or, more likely, GeForce GTX 790 with two GK110s. Assuming that the full GK110 processor is somewhat dedicated to the professional segment, and NVIDIA made dual-gpu cards a standard, my bet is on GTX 790. You are probably wondering how much would it cost. I’m more than sure that $1000 range won’t be exceeded. This card is made as a response to AMD Hawaii cards which will arrive in two months. Then NVIDIA will most likely (slightly) lower their prices on GK110 graphics cards.

In the end, Santa will have a lot of work this Christmas.

GeForce 800 series “Maxwell” in Q1 2014
    Just as I told you in my previous posts, NVIDIA will launch next series sooner than expected. I was told by one of the manufacturers that NVIDIA will release Maxwell series in early 2014. It is expected that GeForce 800 series will arrive in the first quarter of 2014, somewhere between February and March. What it basically means is that the chances for 20nm process are low. Of course NVIDIA could already have first 20nm samples sooner than that, but TSMC will not be ready for mass production till June 2014. Thus, unless my source is wrong the first Maxwell GPUs will not be made in 20nm fabrication process, but if they are expect huge graphics cards shortage and more paper-launches.

http://***************/45403/nvidia-to-launch-more-cards-this-year-maxwell-in-q1-2014

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    NVIDIA is planning something, they waiting to see how AMD Hawaii will fare and then they react.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nvidia is responding to pretty low sales lately. It's nice they saw where is AMD going with this...

Not that i care about GTX790, i would like to see maxwell soon as possible.

4. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Look like a nice compilation of all the supposition done on different forums thoses last weeks..

Knowing the last track of videocrdz lately, im really doubtfull about what they write.

There's a lot of things mixed in this article, and it seems confuse many things together.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Cool i look forward too it.

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    If they want to get competitive they should have their own Never Settle bundle and not be stingy *******s by limiting it to select retailers in western countries.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Maxwell here I come

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I will only go maxwell if one 880 = 670sli.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    This does strike me as an attempt to convince people, especially Nvidia fans to hold off before considering something like a 9970.

The possibility of something better just around the corner is what has kept me from upgrading over the last year, and I doubt im the only one who has had this "problem"

10. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    I am in the same boat as you. I have been waiting to upgrade my 580 for few months and yesterday I was kind of ready to go either TITAN or GTX 780 but now after reading this thread I am in the stand by mode again.:wanker:

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Last time I've read about Maxwell they said NV will drop Q1 2014 launch and focus only on Q3-Q4 2014 Maxwell >> AMD with proper VI chip.

I bet this gpu in Q1 2014 would be similar to GF/GK104 chip (mid range)., AMD 9970 will be just a bit faster then 780gtx so it wont be that magical and this midrange Maxwell should do just fine..
    Although kinda lame if you ask me, if really true then its gonna be the same GK104 $$$ bs again,... I want proper high end not some midrange at high end price :p

But I'll probably buy one anyway XD need new gpu soon

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  12. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I think that this time if they do it, they gonna bring proper compute performance and might be some other things, they know the stakes are high, AMD is everywhere, and nvidia want to do a GTX680 all over again, with improvements. or maybe not... anyway 2014 gonna be interesting, i know my next upgrade probably gonna be maxwell unless nvidia screw up.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This, otherwise im gonna wait until the gtx9xx series. Had enough of these so called top end single cards not even being abled to pull a min of 60 fps on the majority of games, either due to poor coding or porting.. Or both.

I may even just start buying games (that require said brute force) and instead of playing them when purchased, just go back to them when patches and drivers have optomized it or i have a card that can play ot maxed out on one card.

That said, ive never had any issue with sli, drivers or patches and a bit of tweaking with inspector can resovle most issues, and for the games that it cant (see tom clany franchises of late) then they're not really worth playing anyway majority of the time.

Just not really interested on spending double on cards just to get something to actually run smooth, if says highend then it damn well better be able to play anything and everything maxed with a minimum of 60fps.

Nz$1500 just to max a $60 game, nahp, over it.

@ -Tj-
    I have the same feeling man, i reckon itll be year of the midrange.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  14. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Consoles on DX11 and AMD tech which is similliar to pc architecture, that could be the ONLY opportunity for developers to make games optimized, on the last years there are many games that are unoptimized and look bad...

15. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    nVidia's sales are down due to expected tegra slowdown and not any lack of sales on the GPU side. Your comments are based on Jon Peddie's sales figures which only tell half the story because it doesn't even factor in Revenue. (you know... making money?)
    As of this month, nVidia's desktop GPU revenue is up 3.9% compared to last year, workstation GPU revenue is up 14.3%, and Tesla revenue is up 127%, and a small decline in notebook GPU's but that was expected by analysts.
    Now if you only looked at Joe Peddie's numbers, you'd think it was AMD with the revenue increases, but that was not the case. The fact remains that by cutting product price so low in order to undercut the competition, and then giving out a bunch of games, you not only get screwed because that was your revenue. And most of all, doing these things undercuts your corporate image and gives consumers the impression that you MUST keep prices that low because its the only way you can compete. While that isnt necessarily true... lots of people think it is.

http://beta.fool.com/thebargainbin/2013/08/12/capitalize-on-the-booming-gaming-market/43096/

16. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    Only due to tesla and Quadro.. K20 series have got steady up in the market, and new quadro order have do the rest..

Nvidia GPu shippment are down, and 700 series have not sold really well ( for be nice )..

Revenue are up, due to increase of margin...

Nvidia got year to year 6.8% revenue down, and quarter to quarter 2.4% up .. ( who are negated if we compare with end of the 2013 quarter .. quarter to quarter dont allways tell all ) ..And This only on gpu SIDE ( worksation, tesla and desktop ) ( tegra drop down dont count in it ).

tegra up by +27% this month ? i dont know where you got thoses numbers, as Nvidia dont bring numbers for anything month by month... Tegra revenue and shippment have been divided by 2 in one year .. they could up before the end of the year with new Tegra. But actually i dont see so much devices going to use it ( and i dont count to much on Shield for this, if they are launching their own tablet, there's a reason, and this is because they dont succeed by solding only the soc ) I dont know where they have take their automotive sold and the fabulous contract have sign Nvidia.. there's not enough cars sold ( not even connected ) for bring to them this type of revenue their predicts.( this do 3 years JH serve us this on financial briefing.. we are still waiting .. )

And whats this site you given as link.. no please.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You should really find a source that focuses on facts.

NVidia didn't leave the console market by choice. They were forced out. According to statements from Sony, NVidia was never even a consideration for the PS4 as devs wanted x86 that NVidia could never provide. Sony went directly to AMD for their CPU and GPU.....same with MS.

That's wrong... Maybe the author should actually read the article on TomsHardware. THG has the Radeon HD7950 in that "$200+" list as well as the HD7970 and the HD7990 in the "$500+" segment.

The author of that article is a massive NVidia fanboy that's posting his opinions and claiming them to be fact, without even checking the facts. Pretty poor source of information there and for those of us willing to take 10sec to check the claims made in the article, brings down your credibility as well....

18. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    Maybe the boss of this "site" have sold all his stock.. but i can tell the redactor have a lot of Nvidia stocks in his port-folio ... There's no one wise financial guys in this world who will play the "Nvidia " vs "AMD " game for sell financial advise and stocks, share or anything financial related ... This is just for fanboys.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The author also left out that NVidia has had a lot of orders for Tegra cancelled....

He also claims "it's unclear whether another iteration of the SurfaceRT will be released." Yet, later in that same paragraph, he contradicts that statement.

The author also seems to miss the simple fact that the area of largest growth for gaming....is casual gaming, not "high-end" gaming.

20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Same here, hoping for a more affordable 870 or 880 GTX in the 350 to 500 euro range.