Wii U is Sweet!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Penal Stingray, Oct 28, 2012.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800

LOL
    sry just had to comment, had quite the belly laugh at that one.

2. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Yeah, same here. The guy had to defend EVERY aspect of the console and he was a mass poster in this thread. Defending how good the gfx looked (tbh, i'm quite pleased with the console myself) and suddenly "bla bla bla these gfx sucks and going to ebay" ROFL!!!

He hasn't posted since so i guess he has sold it. :stewpid:

3. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Number of people playing Madden online with the 360 at 4:00 PM on Sunday: Over 2,500
    Number of people playing Madden online with the Wii U at 4:00 PM on Sunday: 1

Wii U is flopping. Sad that its cost may tank Nintendo...

4. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    I will be waiting for this IP before buying, for me consoles are all about their exclusives, multiplatform games get played on the PC

Yup I'm as surprised as you

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    You really have no idea how much money Nintendo actually have do you?

They OWN the handheld console market. Yea sure its a shrinking market due to smartphones/tablets but they still sell games and hardware in the millions making a profit on every sale.

They still sell Wii consoles in the hundred-thousands each month and the profits on those systems must be nearing 80-90% as they cost next to nothing to build.

Also, its not costing Nintendo any money at all to run third-party online game severs like Madden that cost of running is down to EA.

Although I don't think the Wii U flopping will tank Nintendo in any way unless they sold no systems at all. I do think that this very well could end up being Nintendo's last home console. Maybe they have one more in five years or so. But I really think that either Microsoft or Sony might be putting their hands in their pockets and buying out Nintendo, and I think that will be Microsoft in the next ten years. If not a buyout (which would cost billions) maybe an exclusive license deal also worth hundreds of millions.

I seriously want to get a Wii-U the console looks pretty neat and fun and I love Nintendo. But its just too expensive at the moment, also the games in my area are insanely over priced. £49.99 for COD, Mario, etc. That is just ridiculous!

6. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I don't think it's flopping, it's just young (2 months old by now?). Give it some time and it will grow just like any other new console.

7. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Where has this penal stingray guy gone? He have any idea how awesome monster hunter tri is going to be on wii U? It's like the modern answer to PSO on the dreamcast.

8. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Think his sweet WiiU became sour. :puke2:
    I'm also interested in Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate. Saw it on the Nintendo Direct channel and it seems superior in every way compared to the Wii version.

9. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    I'm playing the Wii version at the moment in the virtual Wii part of the console. I like it more than the Wii U games I've got so far! Nice simple progression and scope for loads of gathering and crafting too. Bit like PSO even in that respect really and the monsters remind me of PSO too. Even the hubs do and the 4 player online.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Where did you order that from, looks like its been used by somebody.

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Ebay, it's my own finger prints, the unit arrived glistening as you would expect, the thing is a dust magnet, that is it out of the box for about 40 minutes.

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^40 mins out the box.......looks like its been kicked about the room. lol

14. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    And as an aside: I was right: The Wii U CPU is a modified PPC 750CE, and NOT based on the POWER7 arch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espresso_(microprocessor)

The main CPU specs are basically confirmed, minus the clockspeed:

3× Out-of-order execution Power Architecture PowerPC 750 based cores
    45 nanometer process technology
    IBM silicon on insulator (SOI) technology
    Backward compatible with the Broadway and Gekko processors
    1.243125 GHz (not officially confirmed)
    32-bit integer unit
    64-bit floating-point (or 2 × 32-bit SIMD, often found under the denomination "paired singles")
    Die size: 5.2 mm × 6.3 mm = 32.76 mm2

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Maybe this will get Penal Stinggay out of the cave and defending his precious purchase lol

16. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Throw that with the 2GB of RAM (1GB for games), and you realize what I've been saying: The console has NO lasting power.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Could have said that about a wii when that came out.

Eh, nintendo first party will be on it, enough for me, got a laptop for multi platform games.

18. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    I don't think he can be baited. He's all over the new Xbox thread now. Maybe he just loves new things for a bit and sells them lol

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I just got the black one, along with black ops 2.

Freakin love playing it on the wii u gamepad, screen isn't too small, plays really nice.
    Still have to get used to it, the buttons are weird cause im used to 360 controller.

I do not own a TV anymore, so i gotta play it on the gamepad if the TV is not available.

It fits soooo good in the hands, feels comfortable.

I havent updated the console yet, i heard it takes lots of hours.
    So i'll be doing that when i'm going to bed.

I heard every multi platform third party games are coming to the Wii U as well, is this true?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Many will be, but probably still not all.

I thought it required a tv, to set it up and what not, and that not everything was on the gamepad?