ITX Build - Comments welcome

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Liquor, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Liquor

Liquor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780tiSC Underwater
    another 10...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Liquor

Liquor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780tiSC Underwater
    oh ten more . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Liquor

Liquor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780tiSC Underwater
    the last 6 pics of this group...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

took many pics over the build up of the acrylic 130. been fun and cant wait to fix the leak and get it running for good. looking forward to overclocking this SFF Build

4. CaseySmith

CaseySmith Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 290
    Wow, you managed to fit all of that in that case? Good job. :D

I have one of these fitted with a suitcase handle and cut some of the metal to put in fans and nicer dust-filtered inlets for the graphics card, nothing as elaborate as this.

I would advise replacing that small side-fan with a slim scythe fan of some sort; that thing is quite loud... At least my one was. :s

5. Liquor

Liquor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780tiSC Underwater
    I'll look into that. Thanks for the tip!

I have the magnetic dust filters for the Elite 130. They work great. I may put them inside the case to hide them better. they look odd outside of the case.

6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    interested to see temps with any oc's....

this is exactly the type of build i'll do for my bro oneday. minus the watercooling perhaps as he prob wont oc..

+good stuff+

7. Liquor

Liquor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780tiSC Underwater
    Ran up the Elite 130 build lastnight.

Unigine Heaven for an hour @ 2560x1440 110Hz and default settings.
    GPU temp max was 47C but usually ran at 42-43C

I will spin it up again after work and perform more tests.

8. talkuf

talkuf Guest

GPU:
    ?
    Hi,
    good job!

Very curious about the dust / noise management in the Elite 110. There is hardly anything written on this case other than the usual marketing announcements, and it's not clear what kind of filters the case has and how accessible they are.

9. Liquor

Liquor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780tiSC Underwater
    the entire front bezle has a foam filter. just pop it off and blow it out or run through the tap or spray nozzle at the kitchen sink. dry it off and youre good to go.

the elite 130 with its water pump is louder than the elite 110 with its 1 case fan and gpu running at max speed. ill figure out why the water pump is making so much noise when i return home and they arrive home in the mail in a few weeks. gotta fix that minor leak in the 130 first.

the cases do get warm, but temps on the GPU and CPU are well within tolerances. I'm seeing 55-60C on the 110 for CPU and 77-80 on the GPU when gaming at max settings and 1440p with SWTOR, Crysis 1/2/3, and TF2. the quick run on the 130 netted, 42-47 on the GPU with Unigine Heaven for an hour @ 2560x1440 110Hz and default settings. I didnt catch the temps on the CPU at the time but it is in the same loop as the GPU feeding a hefty 140mm radiator with just a puller fan. im using the bitsync full waterblock for the asus maximus VI impact motherboard. its not just cooling the cpu but the bridge, vram and power daughter card.

forzencpu has a magnetic filter set for the 130, they do fit the 110 except they stick out the back. the 2 side filters are longer than the 110 case. i will be picking up a 2nd set of thee filters for my 110 build. im going to mount them inside to hide them. the case shroud is simple enough to remove. 4 thumb screws as compared to the 130's 3 screws. slide it back half and inch and pull up to remove it.

both cases have vents on the side, about the length of a GPU card. plus vents above the PSU and the width of the motherboard just above the IO panel is another vent. front bezel on the 110 has a full face filter whereas the 130 has no filter on the front. both are full mesh front bezels there is mesh inside the case on the vents above the PSU.

both cases are built solid i have no concerns shipping them fully constructed from this deployed location back to the states via snail mail. its going to be a couple of weeks before i see them again :p even with the custom feet, the boxes had enough room. just cut out around the styrofoam for the wider feet.

i recommend both of these cases. the 130 for more extreme MITX builds with the beefy GPU's and custom liquid cooling. the 110 for GTX760 GPUs or others that fit for excellent 1080p gaming or a solid quiet HTPC/Media box for the living/theater room

10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    If you're getting these temps on water, then watch out what tubing you are using and note that at higher temperatures, you might need to clean your loop more often than those who get 40-50C GPU temps.

11. Liquor

Liquor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780tiSC Underwater
    the elite 110 temps are with the Kraken AIO cooler. CPU 55-60C though its in a very very dusty area. it will be cleaned up and the CLU will be applied. room temp was 25C at time of tests.im till amazed at how much dust can collect in such a short time here. when it ws dust free the temps were quite a bit lower, around 41-44.

a vehicle sitting outside not used for a week looks like its been sitting untouched in the states for years...

the elite 130 has acrylic tubing and the gpu temps were staying around 42-43 but did hit 47 a couple times during the hour long benchmark.

home is the mid-west, significantly less dust plus a cooler room than what i have to deal with out here.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    temps are looking great considering how much you have got in there!

just goes to show size doesnt matter hehe...

13. talkuf

talkuf Guest

GPU:
    ?
    thanks for your reply. Could I ask you to take a picture of the the foam filter in the 110 and post it here? I'm surprised that CM had chosen a foam filter for the case's main inlet. I would imagine that a foam filter restricts the airflow quite a bit, which is kinda the opposite of they were trying to achieve with these cases.

14. Liquor

Liquor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780tiSC Underwater
    sure thing, its in the mail on its way home now. but it will be a couple of weeks before i see it again.

15. talkuf

talkuf Guest

GPU:
    ?
    Cheers, much appreciated!

16. Liquor

Liquor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780tiSC Underwater
    update after a year of running these 2 ITX builds.

the 110 build hasnt let me down. performance is excellent. temps perfect and overall a great rig. easily handle 1440p @110HZ but on the 1080 Samsung LED TV in the game room. added a 3TB drive for storage.

the 130 build though warmer hasnt backed down from anything i have thrown at it. it gets the most use as my main gaming rig. streaming while TS2/Vent, playing 1440p @110 HZ and fps matching. who needs g-sync or freesync?

im looking at doing another ITX build using the Antec ISK110 case. no need for a laptop since i can always use the hotel tv and just take the case, power brick, keyboard and mouse with me.