Help With 4770k and MSI MPOWER MAX overclock

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by kRoOkEd, Oct 11, 2013.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    In that case you need some extra volts, 0.05v should be enough.. Ie 1.260v to 1.265v

2. kRoOkEd

kRoOkEd Member

GPU:
    EVGA 78oTi Superclocked
    Kk ill give it a try. Whats the voltage on your 4.7 oc? Did u get a good oc'er/batch?

3. kRoOkEd

kRoOkEd Member

GPU:
    EVGA 78oTi Superclocked
    Ahhh so I seee... you set your vcore for .992 and set it for 1.28v adaptive so that way it can drop down voltage when the clock speed drops then use up to 1.28 as/if needed during max frequency

4. kRoOkEd

kRoOkEd Member

GPU:
    EVGA 78oTi Superclocked
    Hey tj. I know it's been a while.. just wanna say I'm 100% stable at 4.4 1.28 and 2133ram. Chip won't go higher tho. Tried for HOURS. Thanks for all the help.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hi, I missed your last reply, that is correct @ idle 800mhz its @ 0.712v or 3500mhz its @ 0.992v anything higher it auto selects proper voltage for each multi.

"Hey tj. I know it's been a while.. just wanna say I'm 100% stable at 4.4 1.28 and 2133ram. Chip won't go higher tho. Tried for HOURS. Thanks for all the help. "

Ah i see, so in the end you had to raise from 1.21 to 1.28v?

What if you use higher LLC?

And don't OC cache (uncore) multi at the same time, keep that at max 41-42x @ ~1.15v adaptive or offset.

As for my early numbers I managed to lower 4.6ghz @ 1.230v and 4.7ghz @ 1.280v, guess newer bios helped too.

6. kRoOkEd

kRoOkEd Member

GPU:
    EVGA 78oTi Superclocked
    Forgot to mention I have a new chip. This new chip handles voltage better. Last one melted at 1.25 this time I can go up to 1.34 ... but I don't use eist and c state. I have to keep on override. Couldn't get stable on adaptive. I never go above 4.2 cache. The LLC voltage.. is that the analog and digital setting? I've raised those slightly

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    LLC is load line calibration.

Im sure you could use offset/adaptive voltage and with both eist and c-states auto/on.

When you say you couldn't get adaptive stable, was that when you stress tested or in general?

Use adaptive only when you find stable fixed voltage, use that by total adaptive voltage.

8. kRoOkEd

kRoOkEd Member

GPU:
    EVGA 78oTi Superclocked
    I can boot up to 4.6 but I can only get 4.4 stable. My board doesn't have LLC, but it has vdroop control (in percentages). Im pretty sure if I had an Asus OC board, Dominator RAM, and a custom loop, Id hit 4.5 maybe 4.6 but with my current MSI Mpower max mobo, Adata xpg RAM, and Kraken x60, im tapped out at 4.4.

As far as the adaptive goes, I bsod. Ill test auto as this board does usually respond to auto better.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black