Resident Evil 6

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jan 20, 2012.

1. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Resident Evil 6 - Official Launch Trailer

And its coming this year !

( PC version to follow at a later date )

I like what I'm seeing in this trailer. Seems to have much darker atmosphere than RE5. And ofc Leon S. Kennedy

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i loved RE5 (even though many actually hated it).

can't wait for RE6.

3. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Resi 6, can't wait for it, the whole series ROCKS!!!

regards,
    RagDoll.

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I was happy to hear Leon is back, annoyed to hear Chris is back as well.

But, from the trailer the focus on zombies, darker environments, actual creepy atmosphere... hopefully it looks like they are returning to the more horror focused themes.
    Though, it does look like the new "fast" styled zombies.

But, after RE5, I'm going to wait for more information and footage before getting all "YAY" and such. RE5 looked great, but was ultimately boring... and kind of annoying to play.

5. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    They are going for third person shooter game with zombies mixed in as third party.

No horror theme can really work with that.

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I hate to be that person, but am I the only one who find this series to be getting kinda stale.?

I mean Resident Evil was one of the best games I ever played when it came out on the playstation, 2 and 3 were okay, 4 was okay.. but it just feels like its past due at this point.

not trying to sound like a hater, just get this feeling like devs need some new ideas.. Resident evil 6-28? zzzzzz

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah... because Dead Space didn't work at all. ;)
    A horror game can work in any way so long as it's given the proper treatment. F.E.A.R. is an overly active, kinetic shooter with frantic action... but it's a fantastic horror game.

Resident Evil 6 has the chance to be a great horror title, even with it being a third person shooter.

8. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Resident Evil started going down hill after the 3rd. Have been playing the Gamecube version of RE1 lately, and I must say they have done a superb job of remaking it, honestly, it still looks better than many games on the market these day's. Here's hoping RE6 will bring the franchise back!. I miss Jill too.

9. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I loved RE5.

The trailer looks good but you have to strip away the majority of the footage which is either cut scenes or what looks like QTE moments when they grab the player. The actual shooting looks awesome, the section with the train looks especially good. It looks like it will have a lot more bosses and a lot more horror than RE5.

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Not like they used to be,crasy stuff happened to this series but i'll get it.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Resident Evil went downhill after Resident Evil 2 (which is fecking AWESOME). RE3 was meh at best. The following Gun Survivor games were crap and Code Veronica X wasn't that good.

But Resident Evil 4 was exactly what the series needed. It was great, and next to RE2 is the best entry in the series. Problem is, they took that style... elevated the wrong parts of that game and made RE5. Which was crap.

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Looking forward to this,i enjoyed all Res games apart from res 3 and veronica,they sucked,the remake of res 1 on the gamecube is great,infact i bought a cube just to play this years ago and sold it right after.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I actually really enjoyed RE5, one of my favourite games of the last few years, not even sure why, but i used to look forward to finishing work so i could play it, and i rarely get that with games nowadays, with me being disappointed when i finished it rather than relieved.

Saying that, i still think it was the worst of the five games, and agree that RE2 was probably the best one, and also that RE4 was underrated.

This does look promising, if not a little to action orientated, i just hope they don't try and jazz it up to much, nothing too GOW like, and keep the controls the same, i know many hated them, but if it controlled any other way i just don't think it would feel like a RE game.

14. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Because Dead Space had you deal with monsters in third person. I never got the horror element in FEAR... being a super soldier who could slow time and jump kicking other super soldiers to death kinda takes the tension out.

RE6 has other gun shooting humans as your main adversaries with zombies in between the two. Big difference ;)

15. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Holy ****, ashley is back? i better not hear "help me leon!!" again, or i will throw my headsets against the wall.

but my god im hyped for this! :D and inb4 "i hope they remove stop and shoot" from mr.bigtime hahah :p

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I have to admit, I was NOT expecting a trailer, and I was DEFO not expecting a release date and its coming this year too :)

I freakin LOVE Resi Evil, the first one being my ALL TIME fav game! (The remake on the Gamecube that is, though this PS1 is still a classic).

The trailer it self was freakin insane!! Looks like a massive improvement of the sheer pathetic attempt that was RE5, which for me was just a cash-in on the success of RE4 and brought nothing new to the table apart from a stupid coop character.

What I loved from the trailer:

Cover system implemented,

Now looks like you have the ability to run,

Multiple playable characters,

hand to hand combat system,

new characters,

new city infected with the virus... Which means... the zombies are back!!! I hated the idea from RE4 and 5 with the "brain washed zombie people".

Just for the sake of it here is my list of RE games in order of my greatness from my OPINION:

1. RE1
    2. RE4
    3. RE2
    4. RE3
    5. RE5
    6. RECV

ps/ I have not played any other games in the series but these.

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i hope this will have co-op again. its a must buy

18. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    IMHO the RE name died when RE4 came into existence. This looks like it could save it, but it seems to fall on the crutches of RE5 and 4 a little too much so far. Loved the trailer though.

19. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    oh yeah real zombies !

20. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    From the trailer, it doesn't seem to be a "reboot" as I expected, but it looks cool.
    PC version will surely came out in 213 though...