PlanetSide 2 and Crossfire

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by OmegaX, Nov 24, 2012.

1. OmegaX

OmegaX Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980ti
    Anyone get this to work successfully? The game is pretty demanding, and i'd like to take advantage of my 2nd 6970. There seems to be negative scaling with Crossfire enabled, so I've shut if off for now. There is mention of it in the latest beta notes, but it still seems to run worse for me.

2. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    With 12.11 beta8 it is working, but hit and miss tho. Like if you're in cockpit view of a aircraft you get negative scaling, but 3rd person view of the craft is ok. Its some sort of overlay issue, as it i had a teamspeak overlay on one time last night and wasnt affecting cockpit fps but havent be able to replicate it again.

3. smoney

smoney Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NITRO R9 390
    Set crossfire to AFR friendly.
    Disable amd optimized tessellation. use application settings for tessellation
    enable tripple buffering
    use application settings for the rest.

I'm not sure on my gpu scaling however I'm running high settings on 1920x1080 with vsync on and the game runs 60 fps and lowers down to upper 30's at the large bases. It's still playable and is the best solution I've found so far and i'm content with the smooth gameplay. I'm using the February 14 8.96 drivers with the latest catalyst application profiles.

There are ways to modify the usersettings.ini of planetside 2 to improve fps but diminishing graphics quality. I"m not interested in that so I have no information on that.

4. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    make sure to have nice cpu OCs, sony themselves said how cpu limited it is

5. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Yeh i was playing around yesterday and forced AFR and that seemed to fix the cockpit negative scaling.