Fermi, GTX460, GTX470, GTX465, GTX480...Bios Modding..Edit Voltage restrictions-mods

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by BetA, Sep 15, 2010.

1. mandark0

mandark0 Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X1950 PRO
    hi beta!

i think its great how you help out people here! :thumbup:

could you please lower the minimum fan-speed of my bios from 40% to 20%?

i have dumped my bios using nvflash. you can download it here:
    http://www.share.cx/files/540308716658/BIOS.zip.html

many thanks!

2. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
  3. mandark0

mandark0 Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X1950 PRO
    it's working great! thanks very much! :)

4. SabreWulf69

SabreWulf69 Guest

GPU:
    G.B. GTX 560 Ti SOC 1GB
    As in I need a '.ROM' BIOS file for that particular card. Would any one be able to help me?

5. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    sorry i didnt found anything in the Bios archive..
    But u might wanna go to the Gigabyte Forum and ask there for an Bios to ur Card..
    U also can make an backup of Ur bios if u have this card and i unlock voltage or whatever it is u need..

greetz Beta

6. SabreWulf69

SabreWulf69 Guest

GPU:
    G.B. GTX 560 Ti SOC 1GB
    That's alright, thanks a tonne for looking though, much appreciated. I have searched and asked here, XtremeSystems and techPowerUp! all to no avail. Hopefully my last port of call being Gigabyte does indeed have one. Is just I have the normal OC version, and want to flash with the Super OC version BIOS.

7. mad4

mad4 Member

GPU:
    Dedicated
    BetA13 is there any news on how low a reference cooler can be set,like 25 or 28% or is 30% the minimum without weird readings on the gtx460 ?

8. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    as far i know 30% is still ok..everything under that limit will or could be mess up the RPM numbers in AB...

But there where people that said @ 20% its still working..so i guess its different from brand to brand..but most of them are @ 30%..

greetz Btea

9. Larus

Larus Guest

GPU:
    MSI NGTX460 Hawk
    Hi all forum members.

Could you perhaps tell me what is the speed (rpm) of reference fan at that 30% ? And what are the lowest possible correct rpms to achieve ?
    I'd like to know how silent those cards could be but I don't have access to cards.

As a reward I can report about MSI N460GTX TwinFrozerII (Hawk): default BIOS is locked at 40% min (~1800 rpm, decent but not very silent). It is possible to lower that to 25% (~1100 rpm, now very silent indeed). Any value below 25% isn't accepted by the fan controller (rpms remain the same).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    öhm...i do think that the RPM´s are different from cooler to cooler..if its not reference..

on my card 100% = 2000rpm...but i have accelero xtreme plus..

so i cant really say what u need..BUT, u can give me ur Bios and i edit it so u can see for urself what rpm what is...

greetz Btea

11. mad4

mad4 Member

GPU:
    Dedicated
    Ok,thank you.

Larus seems you should be ok with 25%,chek your idle temps though,if you live a warm place,you dont want it too low as it might ramp up in 2d on a hot day.
    Personally i would find that more annoying than a higher but steady rpm.

12. Larus

Larus Guest

GPU:
    MSI NGTX460 Hawk
    @BetA13
    OK. Thanks. I thought you had referenced cooler :) As I said I already discovered everything about my MSI Hawk but it's a custom pcb and custom cooler based. But now I realized that almost every GTX460 has some custom cooler. I was just curious :)

13. puma99dk|

puma99dk| Member

GPU:
    MSI N460GTX HAWK 1GB
    burebista tried to uncap my voltage for my MSI N460GTX HAWK but MSI Afterburner still don't show that i can go higher than +100 on Core Voltage but "Nvidia Inspector" from Orbmu2k showed that i could so could anyone else try to uncap the voltage for me to see if MSI Afterburner will allow me to go higher than +100 (1.087v)?

u can dl my bios here: MSI.N460GTX.HAWK.GF104.rar (4Shared)

DDL: MSI.N460GTX.HAWK.GF104.rar

14. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

Hy,

i think MSI dont want u to go past these Voltages, so i guess its better to use NVinspector for that..

Anyway, i edited the Bios and raised the Max. Volt to 1.212.

http://www.mediafire.com/?oi8bnybl25mu0uf

You might give it a try..Maybe reinstall MSI Afterburner and reboot will work...There where a few people here that had to reboot or reinstall afterburner to get it right..

Best of Luck, Greetz Beta

15. puma99dk|

puma99dk| Member

GPU:
    MSI N460GTX HAWK 1GB
    thx BetA13 i will try it out soon and report back, i am using Afterburner 2.1.0 Beta 5 but i will update to Beta 6 when i flashed my card to see if it will help if Beta 5 don't show anything ^^;

16. puma99dk|

puma99dk| Member

GPU:
    MSI N460GTX HAWK 1GB
    nope that didn't help BetA13 i even installed Beta 6 still only goes up to +100 no more.

After Flash:
    [​IMG]

Reboot after first start up after flash:
    [​IMG]

i saw on Guru3D for the 2.1.0 Beta 6 version of Afterburner they showed this:
    [​IMG]

it's a MSI N460GTX Hawk card that's uncapped so it should be possible and ino i use a newere driver but that shouldn't be the limit should it?

17. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    hmm, i dont know, maybe theres something not set in afterburner...did u check the MSIAfterburner.cfg in the directory?

there u can activate some stuff also..

mine looks like this:

there are some settings in the afterburner GUI too...

if its not this then i dont really know anymore, sorry...just use NVInspector for it ;)

greetz Btea

18. puma99dk|

puma99dk| Member

GPU:
    MSI N460GTX HAWK 1GB
    thx for the try Btea but it looks like MSI made it so the Hawk can't get +200 in Afterburner anymore.

that's from my topic at the afterburner section: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=337549

19. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    ok, i knew it. lol..

so? just use NVInspector..it does work with it right?

Gretez Btea

20. puma99dk|

puma99dk| Member

GPU:
    MSI N460GTX HAWK 1GB
    yap Inspector shows the total voltage, no problem there, oh and i got my hands on Orbmu2k's Fermi Bios Editor 1.55 it's leaked on a russian site but u can google it and find it very easy now,

but thx for the try Btea ^^