Radeon HD 7990 CrossFireX caught on Camera

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Will it ever be released ? There is a picture of two AMD Radeon HD 7990 graphics cards in a CrossFireX configuration. The cards in the picture appear to be identical to the refere...

Radeon HD 7990 CrossFireX caught on Camera

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Impressive pic indeed, i hope they release it soon, i'm way more interested in the likes of this than to the 7950 which is all you hear about from the AMD users.

3. kenoh

kenoh Active Member

GPU:
    TitanXP 2.1GHz
    "With two Tahiti GPUs likely XT2 this dual-gpu card could haul serious ass" Guess that's his way of saying this **** can run Crysis 3 in 4k!!!

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    That would be my game of choice for x2 7990s anyways course' surely not on my lil' 60hz 1080. :p

5. nexxusty

nexxusty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Agreed, 4 Tahiti XT GPU's would be a pretty big waste on 1080p.

Getting a Gigabyte 7970 3gb likely tomorrow myself. Depending on how well it works I might be in the market for a 7990. AFAIK you can still do a dual GPU and a single GPU from the same series with Crossfire. Not sure how they perform, will look into that. But at least it's an option.

I actually said I'd never go back to the red camp, but the 7970 seems like a killer card. I can only imagine what the 7990 will be able to do.

Overclocking with nVidia is just no fun anymore because of the new boost feature.

I was able to get my 660Ti up to 1306mhz stable up from 1198mhz, will not go higher even though my temp is at 53c. Would like to volt mod it more, no idea where to start on that one tho. I can attempt and complete a mod, not figure out how to do one.

Point being ATi still uses the classic style of clocking their GPU's and I will basically stick with them until something changes with nVidia. You can keep a Kepler card in it's boost state at all times with EVGA's Precision X's K-Boost feature, however I noticed some abnormalities while using it.

Seems like if we want to have some old fashion clocking fun ATi is the way to go.

First post, very long time lurker, about 8 years at least. Figured I'd make it count. :)

6. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Welcome.

7970 is an awesome card. I know you will enjoy it.

7. h0d

h0d Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Sea Hawk
    These are sexy cards. I want to touch them and feel its hot breath beneath my hands.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You must be the real hardware "lover" :D

9. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Well, he said they are whisper quiet. I must assume that his whisper turns into a slightly less destructive than a normal shouted thu'um then.

10. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Actually it is the same fans used on the S10000 cards .. so i believe they are a bit more efficient sound wise of the "standard" cooler.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/workstation/graphics/firepro-remote-graphics/S10000/Pages/S10000.aspx

With 3 big fans like that, they surely dont need to run at high level speed.

If the card come with the same clock speed of the 7970ghz .. damn high Tflops on a single board. (~ 8Tflops SP - 2Tflops DP ).
    - 2x of this and you hit a 16/4Tflops SP/DP on the system.
    - On an home computing server 4x GPU's : ~ 32 Tflops SP / 8Tflops DP

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013