AMD Catalyst 14.3 Beta 1.0 (13.350.1005 March 12)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by stasio, Mar 18, 2014.

1. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    [​IMG]

can't wait to test this driver once i back from work. hopefully downsampling is easy as before.

2. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    A lot of the errors people experience is due to previous driver not being removed.
    AMD has relased a new Uninstall Utility that's Win8 compatible.

PS Is THIEF mantle patch out yet?

3. dell7520user

dell7520user Guest

GPU:
    hd4000+hd7730m
    my notebook not crosfire but discrate gpu idle/power off method implemented by crossfire.

its mean i cant use driver without disable ulps. its mean 1 hour low battery life. empty card working on desktop mode. enduro totaly useless...

but im not tried driver but i know.

4. Ltmatt

Ltmatt Guest

GPU:
    HIS Ice-Q 7950 Crossfire
    My findings.

5. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    Yes I can, the Gigabyte WF3 cards have a green LED on their back that lights up when the card enters stand-by and it is off all the time with this driver set.

In the limited time I had I did a quick check in Thief and another in Shadow Warrior. Thief still seems to have some stuttering but reduced while Shadow Warrior no longer stutters. I am curios to see how Thief performs with Mantle but I am more excited about TrueAudio since Mantle is single-GPU in Thief anyway.

6. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    So i quickly teamviewered into my pc at home so long to uninstall the driver using AMD Clean Uninstall Utility and install it and getting everything back up to 2560x1440 @ 120hz. Can't wait to get home and test. I hope BF4 is fine with mantle.

7. Civrock

Civrock Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming
    Well, if HD7xxx/GCN1.0 optimizations are still not included... that's rather disappointing.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/TheMattB81/status/445871530615259136

"Coming in the WHQL i heard. Nonetheless try them Andy. Some reporting good things. Vsync stutter bug still present though"

8. Ltmatt

Ltmatt Guest

GPU:
    HIS Ice-Q 7950 Crossfire
    More findings.

9. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Previous drivers. Still didn't install these drivers.

10. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Then how come. I get massive spikes in FPS.

I tried

1. Running stock cpu clocks
    2. Clean install drivers
    3. Unparking cores
    4. Using DDU to uninstall drivers and install new ones
    5. Windows 8.1
    6. turning off frame pacing
    7. tried using the RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit on "-1" "1" "2" "3"
    8. checking DPC latency and everything looks fine
    9. Using time resolution
    10. HPET on and off

nothing seems to work and i think it's because you have i7. the more cores makes up for a faster cpu than mine due to extra 4 threads.

Anything else I can try?

11. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Ah nvm, Dice already used DDU.

Dice, what massive spikes, you're talking about BF4? If it's spikes in BF4 it's normal, you have a 2500k. Unless you're running mantle there are no spikes that should be happening.

Does your game stutter? No? If so, then it's not the cards but your CPU.

Oh and did you update the directx files in the BF4 folder? :D

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  12. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    lol was just about to reply. well we will see in the new drivers. i'm starting to understand why they only support the 290/290x. More experienced people are using those cards and they want it to work at it's best before they move on to the hd7000 series. They did say they going to support HD7000 series at the next WHQL drivers so maybe next driver but we will have to see 1 month from now.

I really hate the driver per month thing. why can't they do small updates and release so that we can at least get to use half of the performance gain and then optimize it even further.

13. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm sure they're working on them man, just have some patience. I have no stutters or whatever problems at all, the fps spikes you say is normal in BF4, areas that are unoptimized and areas or moments that tax the cpu. I've also thought of getting a 3770k because of this..

14. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    But in mantle when i play for a while my FPS drop and then it stays at 50-60FPS instead of over 60FPS.

HAHA I bought a 4770k but it was useless cause I accidentally bend one of my pins and tried fixing it but the pc was still not working so i asked the company I work for if they want a new pc and they said yes and bought the pc with a new cheap intel motherboard for the same price i paid for the cpu so at least I only lost money on the motherboard and it was only a z87-a so not to expensive.

15. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    And when is that, do you have observed when that is? Maybe it's a case where without mantle you would've had 25 fps but with mantle you got 50-60? Who knows.

16. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    no When it drops it's random and then it stays there. with Directx it will drop but not as low as 50FPS. Maybe to about 80FPS minimum. Where i get lot's f FPS drops is at C flag on Siege of shangai and b flag on paracel storm. i also get some drops in other random areas and my cpu usage will go almost 100% on all cores at 4.7GHz. I tried running my cpu on 4.5GHz and stock nothing change. 4.7 is still the best.

17. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hmm yeah.. don't know then. I would say it's weird. Sorry for your issues.

I would say it shouldn't be happening tbh? .. Not sure man, I dunno what to say.

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    RPM sensor bug is still there at least.

19. dirtula

dirtula Member

GPU:
    Asus RX580 8gb
    lower texture quality and it will stop stuttering

20. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    will try again but i tried playing everything on high still same issue. Also tried setting each setting starting from the top on medium. it's better then but i know i should be able to play everything maxed out as i can see when cpu is being used 100% my GPu usage is about 78%.

When i use mantle and it works for a round or half a round i ge amazing fps. Almost 120 all the time even in areas where i use to dip the lowest. lowest i saw with mantle before all the stutter was 110FPS.