Diablo III.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    d3 was in dev long before they even thought about brining it to the console. besides, bliz has already said that they have a seperate team working on the console version. so your statement is flawed

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yep, DA2 is far superior imho. Also Diablo came out on playstation, did that make it a consolised piece of crap game? No, it was legendary. love seeing morons writing a game off only because it's also coming out on consoles.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Diablo3 being released on Consoles will have absolutely ZERO impact on the PC game. Diablo3 was in development for roughly 12 years before Blizzard decided to do a console release. WTF would they suddenly decide after 12 years and several rewrites strictly for PC gaming....to screw PC gamers over??? It would make absolutely zero sense whatsoever....

4. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    although DA2 had better AI and voice acting, i was disappointed with the easy-mode combat system and the revamped skill system. it became your typical hack-and-slash from the tactical/strategic game it was in DA1.

and what about the levels, world map and story? levels were either, re-used or the same maps with some areas closed off, world map is basically just a 'menu' of the places, and story is much more linear than DA1. ~_~

so although DA2 improves on the technical aspects of the game, it sacrificed gameplay in order to do so.

i feel being multiplat before, is different from being multiplat today. before, devs put more effort and thought than just "copy-pasting" their game into different platforms. i know it's more than just 'copy-paste', but you guys know what i mean.

it's not that D3 is going into consoles which i don't like. it's the possibilty that D3 gets compromises just because the game system won't fit well with consoles and/or its audience.

anyhow, i really hope gameplay doesn't get sacrificed because i wish to play D3 when it comes out. D1/D2 gameplay is what I'm expecting from D3.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012

5. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    It is not about an idea or my idea,it is about keeping the visual identity or at least a resemblance of the previous titles.
    If you didnt know there is a intensive component of every game called visual identity to which the story and gameplay adheres.Here the cartoony style is not adherent to the story and setting.
    The WoW influence is present face it or not.
    And also,I am no fan of Blizzard or anybody,you sound more like it...
    And the community driven game sentence is plain stupid as the one you like how the firm you pay games for dont listen its customers,wait a min the whole post you did is stupid IMO.

6. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    If blizzard were community driven they wouldn't have put their profits ahead of the modding community by banning mods in favour of their auction 'house'. They also wouldn't have put an always on internet requirement either...and they wouldn't have cut LAN.

Blizzard sucks balls...they are just another activision company now.

SC2 was a sub par game and D3 will be as well.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Diablo3 entered BETA before Blizzard decided to go Multi-Platform. At this point, it would cost Blizzard more money to start castrating the game for the sake of consoles.

It's impossible to listen to customers and deliver a profittable product. Too many customers, too many varying tastes....

Blizzard wants to prevent "cheating"....exactly what is wrong with that? People actually wanted to be allowed to buy in-game items....so, Blizzard gave it to them. The "modding community?" You mean the community of cheaters, right? Nearly every "mod" for Diablo2 was intended for cheating the game in some way. For most of us, the lack of LAN, isn't an issue.

D3, based on the beta, is far from a "sub-par" game....

8. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    They don't want to prevent cheating. They just want a cut of the item trade business that has gone on for years. They are only driven by greed, all of the changes I mentioned are examples of it.

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Proof that community has no clue about the art style, or the visual identity,
    ... or how it affects the gameplay.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/08/04/diablo-iii-designer-turns-tables/

Basically color everything black and white,
    dont worry about the hardware or the screen readability,
    just add insane amounts of pitch dark shadows/Ambient occlusion, and call such art direction - dark and gothic.

Some visual identity :rolleyes:

srsly WTF... Blizz gets the best artists and professionals the money can buy,
    and then they let unemployed moders, angry teens, and old***s run the show???
    No wonder they :flip: your art direction petition

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    People asked for the real-currency based auction house.....VERY loudly.
    People wanted to use their offline characters in multi-player....Blizzard now allows it. There's no actual need for LAN as you can easily follow your friends around the game, or create a private game that only your friends can join in.

The only thing I've seen the D3 community itself complain about, is the lack of support for cheats or "mods" as you see it....oh yeah, and the lack of a playable paladin or necromancer character....but Blizzard already said they'd consider both classes for a "future expansion" if demand was high enough for them. I don't see a problem with leaving them out as the Paladin in Diablo2 was far too overpowered and the necromancer's ability to raise the dead caused problems for other battle.net players that were never fixed.

Ya'know....1 thing I've noticed becoming a very sickening trend....and, correct me if I'm wrong here, but it appears that people immediately accuse dev studios of being nothing but greedy whenever they attempt to make a profit from their games. Why exactly is that? Don't you go to work to make money? Didn't your boss hire you with the intent of profitting off your work? The world is run by greed....period. If you think otherwise, it's time to wake up. The buying and selling of in-game goods and currency has proven to be a very bad thing. Consider the number of WoW accounts that have been hacked as a result of 3rd party sales of in-game goods/currency. Attempting to prevent such things is actually in the best interest of the players.

BTW: The "always on" internet connection is required to be able to use the same characters online and offline without having to transfer character data every time the user logs in or out of battle.net....and the only thing the "modding community" contributed to Diablo2 that I'm aware of were map hacks and bots....both of which were considered cheating and Blizzard immediately banned anyone caught using them.

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    QFT on the maphack and bots. it use to piss me off everytime the ladder got reset in d2 and like 4 or 5 days later you would see a crap load of people back on top again with their level 90+ toons. also, i wouldnt mind seeing the paladin and the necromancer back in action with the right balance set. but wouldnt that defeat the purpose of the monk and witch doctor?

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    +1, it's a shame really but since the merge with kotickvision you could tell in-game, wow specifically, that blizzard just wasn't the same anymore and further onn with SC2 and the expansions and now D3...

13. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    I didnt speak on the behalf of the community,but for myself.
    I didnt said that Blizzard have to listen me or the community,but that it is not a good business if you dont give a damn about the opinion of your customers.It is a wrong business model after all.
    Also,I dont question their artistic ability,they have done great,but with the wrong overall visual setting for the newest title.
    What I said is that the WoW style graphics shouldn't be transplanted to Diablo3 because it cant fit and this is what I THINK.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    OMG, just went on battle.net, checked my account and I can now download the D3 beta, I don't think I had that option before. I will still need the key, right? or does it come with the beta client?

15. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    slowly i started to loose interest in Diablo 3...
    however i want to see it in action ,maybe play a bit.
    but somehow,THAT feeling of playing it in Diablo1and 2 is lost.
    at least for me.and for now,because i still didn't played Diablo 3 enough to formulate an educated opinion.
    but still..

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Very good article! Never cared for mods in any of the games I've played except the Bethesda titles for this reason - they ruin the game. Blizzard is the only studio whose games I don't need to see the reviews before buying it!

17. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    It's obvious that Diablo, Warcraft 2 and Starcraft were completely butchered and ruined by being ported over to PS and N64. Blizzard clearly sold out to console crowd back then, and games like Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, WoW and Starcraft 2 were nothing but deception to us glorious PC gamers to squeeze the last cent out of us before showing their true color with Diablo 3 on console.

/sarcasm.

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Speaking of Blizzard on the consoles ... why no Rock & Roll racing HD??! :D

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Right, the game is downloaded and I can play, have a problem with fps in this game, I keep getting stutters, I can live with those for now, problem is when I exit the village and come across the first mobs, it pretty much starts doing around 1 frame every 3 seconds. I then noticed that my gpu downclocks to 51mhz/101mhz (from original 840/2000) that would clearly be the case so I need to find a way of making the clocks stick... any ideas?

EDIT: Right, so after all this waiting I get the beta and it's totally unplayable and from what I've googled it seems to be a common problem, lots of people are getting it. I tried disabling sound, that didn't help. every time I come across a bunch of mobs, game pretty much freezes...

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i was having the stuttering as well but the frame rate never dropped that low. i rolled back to the 285.27 beta driverr and its been running fine since. also try changing your gpu settings for this game to prefer maximum performance and see if that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.