What's the deal with these Nvidia cards?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by larsbaby, Jul 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    No need to stir the pot mate. :nerd:

2. crap daddy

crap daddy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    Good. I take it back.

3. jcSihle

jcSihle Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno 3d + POV GTX 580 SLI
    NVIDIA is definitely the way it's ment to be played

4. AcceleratorX

AcceleratorX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti OC
    AFAIK, in my country, at the moment GeForce cards are extremely competitively priced. I can get a GTX 460 1GB for less than a 6850, a 550 Ti for the same price as 5770/6770.

NVIDIA Fermi has better texture filtering than most AMD cards right up to the 68xx series (don't know about the 69xx). In games like Serious Sam HD, it really shows. It's your decision in the end - but Radeon cards *do* have a noticeably lower power consumption than GeForce cards right now.

BTW, I've had 3 AMD nForce boards - the 570 SLI, the 730a/GeForce 8300 and the 980a. All 3 have been nothing short of brilliant. I don't know about NVIDIA's Intel chipsets, but their AMD chipsets have always been rock solid. I'd even say the 730a was NVIDIA's best chipset ever. Can't say I was happy to see them leave the business, despite nForce not supporting CrossFire - the USB and SATA controllers were pretty good compared to the AMD alternatives at the time.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

5. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I had a 680iLT with a Q6600... It was the ****tiest board I've ever seen, the BIOS was all over the place, tiny overclocks required huge voltage bumps ( and I tried the same CPU in a different board, it overclocked perfectly normally) and it crashed so often I had just given up on overclocking entirely. I had terrible luck with that generation actually. I remember I bought a P35 which was ****, then I got a 680iLT which was also **** :p Finally I got an X48 Rampage Formula and that was ****ing awesome :D

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I moved from CF 5770 to a GTX580.
    Night and day difference for me, although the comparison doesnt 'seem' fair going from 2 cards to one.
    Many of the ATI issues werent crossfire related but its fair to say that CF was problematic.
    The hardware was fine, the drivers werent.
    I had to rely on a modded driver made by TwL for stability/performance because the new driver releases werent as good/stable.

I went from a resigned state and not even wanting to try new drivers (except TwLs) to having great fun again and looking forward to new driver releases.
    This post isnt intended to be a flame, its hard to say my experience without qualifying it.

7. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Does the OP's comment or the Thread's name has any relevant question/query or intellectually informative to exist to give detailed indepth information, apart from OP's experience(which I doubt) and is there in the near future a probable & possible definitive answer to the ignorant question;

Q: "What's the deal with these Nvidia cards?"

I was like LOL..

8. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Q: What's the deal with these Nvidia cards?

Um, they're awesome? except the FX 5xxx series :nerd: