I have a strange habit when I type and trying to find a name for it

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by FULMTL, Mar 18, 2013.

1. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    happens when you think it twice to type what you want, you start like "today i watched... watched... my favorite show!" « see the repetition? remove the suspensive dots and thats exactly what you do

2. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I don't do that, but every once in awhile I'll be typing along and come to a really common word. Then while I'm looking at it I'll suddenly be staring at a word that I knew how to spell every day, and it'll just start to look strange & alien even though it usually turns out I spelled it right. Freaks me right out when it happens.

3. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    I have this issue that when im typing a sentence and im saying words in my head i actually forget to type some of the them.

So in my head:

Dude, that was just awesome as hell and things exploded around me and i had to run for cover like mad!.

Typing on my Phone:

Dude, that was just as hell and things me and i had to run like mad!.

:bang:

4. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I absolutely love it when that happens :infinity: I can induce it by just repeating any word over and over and over and over and thinking about how it's spelt and pretty soon afterwords it's nonsense

5. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    thats not strange, i do it always in spanish or english, mostly because its just normal talking and we say lot of things which may not be very important.

But even in official docs, you have to check more than once.

6. eat@joes

eat@joes Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 6850
    I think the difference between typing and writing is how your muscle memory works and how your brain works on a physical level. You brain and typing won't keep up unless you're a ridiculously fast typist so I think most of us tend to have to "rewind" our thoughts and haven't really payed attention to what was actually typed out since it's all done with muscle memory. When you are writing you tend to focus more on actually writing something and you're also physically holding something which helps keeps the connection with your brain and the paper on the same page. It's also a lot more effort to fix mistakes when using physical medium so you probably concentrate harder. A keyboard has no "physical" characteristic and you aren't really thinking about what your fingers are hitting at the time of thinking what you want to say.

You might want to consider getting a mechanical keyboard with a heavier key. The feedback might help you keep your typing and thinking at the same pace. Just a thought. Also, re-reading your sentences will make most of your mental problems invisible to us :) (joking of course)

Let me know if you find a solution. I find myself in the same boat as you quite often!

7. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    The only issue that I seem to have, outside of the generic typo, is that I have a tendency to add an "e" to the end of random words. It's especially problematic when I am speed typing. It is the most used letter in English though, so at least I can see why it happens.