Batman Returns in 2013

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Batman: Arkham Origins

Announced via WB Financial Report...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/time-warner-management-discusses-q4-191012645.html

:banana:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I still havent played much in the last batman. i really hated the fps drops. will continue playing as soon as i get a new gpu.

But this is great news indeed, batman games are awesome

3. Alph4Dawg

Alph4Dawg Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC
    I'm all excited! Arkham Asylum was simply most awesome game I played in years while Arkham City was cool but no where near as awesome as Arkham Asylum, despite eye-candy graphics. And ye, Arkham City was a bit short while Arkham Asylum was really long story wise.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Please drop the bloody GFWL and securom combination this time, rock steady :-/

Arkham city was cool but not as awesome as Arkham city .. Wutt? :p

5. Alph4Dawg

Alph4Dawg Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC
    Haha. :D My bad. Arkham City was cool but no where near as awesome as Arkham Asylum.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    meh. Let hope it isn't mucked up like AC.

7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    if devs didn't take chances and try new things we'd be stuck with meh looking games forever, goes without saying.
    great news all the same. well to some of us.

8. tony_almeida

tony_almeida Guest

GPU:
    Videocard
    Batman Arkham return without RockSteady.

9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    PhysX or not buying.

10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Get rid of GFWL or im not buying

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    City was a clear victim of Arkham's own runaway success. By that I mean Arkham was to put it bluntly so ridiculously close to gaming perfection by the time City came along with a far more open approach, lots of extra graphical trickery and Bat toys we were all just hoping for another outing as close to that Arkham experience as was possible. And this just wasn't the case. City was bogged down by far too many things overall. Puzzles had become way too common place and were vividly/horrifically on display all around you making the normally grunge looking world of Gotham look like a fair ground. The length of the game felt extremely short compared to Arkham's which felt just right. The open world nature of the game just made the experience lose that something that Arkham delivered so masterfully. I could go on.

I'm hoping the next outing is a true return to the solid foundation Arkham gave us which is odd as normally I'm well up for more open worldyness. As City proved to me I just don't think it suits Batman is the only underlying problem.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i couldn't finish the second game. it has became boring after a while. i think gaming becoming boring recently. jump kill enter shoot collect grab throw punch..

i need fallout 4 or something very extraordinary

14. tony_almeida

tony_almeida Guest

GPU:
    Videocard
    No one actually cares about Rocksteady ?
    The studio of first two games.
    They are not in this project.
    Well hello, anyone there ?

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Paul Dini is confirmed to not be working on it, that's more important. Rocksteady's absence is only a rumour.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    so rocksteady have nothing to do with this? good, never buying a RS game again after their crap handling of batman AC on the pc and also hope they drop physX aswel as its jjst resource hogging gimic.

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Actually it can usually be disabled in-game, but yeah no PhysX for no-one not even us that go for it. downsampled deadx9 over here.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I just meant that id prefer that devs just didnt bother with it at all, look at amd of late, they're not trying to implement pointless gpu features just to make games appear to have more going for them then whats really there. Shame about driver support though, from what ive read that is, never owned an amd card.

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    AMD Drivers are pretty solid at the moment actually.

As for a new Arkham game: Drop GFWL and either implement PhysX in a better way or drop it all together for something that will run well for everyone (within reason). I'm not just talking about AMD users here either, I've heard enough complaints from people with Nvidia hardware about it to be sick of it all together. It wasn't too bad in Borderlands 2, I could run it at medium in most areas - but there was room for improvement.

20. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    My view is the opposite, Asylum was way too linear and got more boring quickly. Plus playing as Catwoman was a good break from Batman himself. Combat is also improved on City and there is more to do after the main story has been beaten.

Now if the game got out of the way even more then we would have a true masterpiece.

At this moment I'm not optimistic about this new Batman. First, not made by Rocksteady and supposedly not the same writer involved. We'll see.

Above all get rid of securom. Limited activations and even deactivation is madness.