Fifa 13 coming to pc

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blesner, May 30, 2012.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i cant think of why the xbox360 would not run it. sure it would have toned down graphics. but look at the nhl and nba crowd.
    surely those games are graphicly more intensive then teh sprites we see with fifa13
    its not like every person is a individual and looks different. its all copy paste and they all wear the same uniforms, but they look better imo

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. Arthur Hucksake

Arthur Hucksake Active Member

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 Twin Frozr II
    I've noticed some stuttering, locking it to 60fps doesn't make any difference.

Extremely smooth with the odd weird stutter.

Because it's a demo build or the nvidia drivers?

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ WhiteLightning - NBA and NHL have much smaller crowds though hence why they can have 3D rendered people. You can't get away with 2D sprites in those games as the playing area is smaller too and the crowd sit closer. Madden doesn't have great crowds either, again because there are a large number of people to draw.

4. pcgamerr

pcgamerr Guest

GPU:
    nvdia gtx 580
    hi i am suffering from a slight stutter in the demo fifa 13 pc, my pc is this i5200k microprocessor, graphic card nvidia gtx 580, 8GB RAM, has you feels the same

5. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Out of curiosity, how will you guys play this game since it appears passing and build up is more essential than pace ? I am quite happy about that, less pace abusers and will use the same tiki taka tactics I've been using since FIFA 09, quite hard to play against if* done right. It fits the game perfectly.

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ gamerr - Absolutely no stuttering here but there is an option in the Launcher Settings for microstutter so you might want to try enabling that if it is disabled or vice versa to see if that fixes it. I played at 1920x1200, 4xMSAA, 16xAF (forced in the driver), v-sync on, triple buffering (forced in D3DOverrider).

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    so you really think they could not have done better at all?

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Of course they could if the lead version had been the PC but unfortunately the game is designed around the dated consoles. It took EA long enough to port over the console engine to the PC (FIFA 11 being the first game that used it) so I'm just thankful I can play a game that is as good as the console games not an up-ressed PS2 wannabe like FIFA 10 and earlier.

The FIFA 13 demo seemed fine but I couldn't really spot any major differences over last year's game but to be honest what else can they do in a football game? It looks good (hideous crowds and lifeless player eyes aside), it plays good and it runs good. There's not really much else you can do with the sport really. FIFA reached its peak last year IMO so this version feels tweaked rather than evolved. Makes me wonder what we'll get when the new consoles are released other than improved crowds and A.I.

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    IMO things they could improve.

-Grass- now it looks really flat. also no mud is flying around when you make a sliding. the pitch looks exactly the same after 90 minutes. also i would like to see weather conditions. a real sun (not drawn staticly on the pitch), snow, rain.

-crowd-graphically updated, (not copy paste crap aswell).
    smoke (fireworks), flags/banners.

- players graphically updated (i know they are working on that, since they already scanned a few people for fifa13).
    also trainers must look real imo, not copy past as it is now. they all look the same!!
    - much easier to make fouls. (i had one red card atleast with fifa 2001 each match lol, now its pretty hard , making a sliding at the keeper is not the same).
    -real life situations (injury, other team kicks ball out) , offside and main ref overruling the offside. influencing the ref gameplay.
    -Proper HD like a HD broadcast on TV

those are just a few, but i could come up with more.

ps. this doesnt count just for fifa, but for pes aswell ofcourse.

10. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    Next year....new gen consoles..

11. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    I got skipping/stuttering too...:bang:

I am installing D3DOverrider now.

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    please lemme know if it works

13. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    No....It still comes and goes.

I can't believe this is even an issue. consoles are smooth as butter...PC isn't.
    This is whats killing PC gaming bad ports!!

I read somewhere if you disable Origin in game it helps but its still there for me.

I thought it might be Origin running in the background..

Everthing iv'e tried dosn't get rid of it all.....just some of it..

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ah ok thanks. guess it needs a patch or nvidia drivers need updating.

i tried adding it to the profile of fifa 11, since 306.02 doesnt include a fifa 12 profile. but it was exactly the same.

15. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    I don't think it's drivers...It's Fifa..They need to patch it quick if it's in the full game in 2 weeks....Which i'm shure it will be....

These guys must not play it on PC after game is done....If they did they would see how bad it is...

Of corse this is with PRO camera view..I tried it with Tele cam and don't see any stuttering..

Like in the Arena you see it bad..If you kick the ball you can see it skip frames..The ball is here then there...if you know what i mean.

They say it's micro stuttering but it seems like skipping of frames to me..

It's a lot like when you record with fraps......it's not smooth..

All i know is it makes the game unplayable to me...I can only take it for so long..

16. pcgamerr

pcgamerr Guest

GPU:
    nvdia gtx 580
    I did nvidia and none of this has worked for me, intale drivers 296.10, 301.42. and still the same problem a very slight stutter I contacted on twitter with David Rutter but did not answer, I just hope to solve the problem as soon as possible.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I played the demo from the default Tele Broadcast and closer Broadcast camera angles and did not notice any stuttering during the actual game itself. However, the cinematics and replays did have some minor hitching/hiccups but that's something even the console versions suffer from. Framerate was always a constant 60 fps though.

I've just just remembered that my profile, copied from FIFA 11/12, also has 16QxMSAA forced via the Enhance option as well as 16xAF.

18. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Have you tweaked the ini file? I remember FIFA 12 looked pretty average at first until I tweaked it. Also, supersampling looks great if you have the horsepower.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ milamber - Is the INI tweak for maxed out LOD, etc., the same one as for FIFA 11? Can I use that one for FIFA 12?

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    no i havent tweaked anything. just set the ingame options to max basicly.
    did not force ssaa either.

what kind of tweaks would that be ?

i found this intro skip patch btw http://fifasoccer.ru/en/files/?info=10490

hmm why is there no fifa 12 profile in the nvcp ? its been a year and they havent added it still. quite lazy!

[​IMG]

hmm the patch doesnt work for me btw.