Return of AMD FX: My OC'd AMD FX 8150 review with OC'd 6990 - First Results UP!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by polyzp, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    even if the IB doesnt match BD 8150 it will still kick its ass in nearly everything. like I said IB architecture is solid, whereas in gaming a 8150 at 4.5=a thuban at 4.0. nothing breathtaking there except maybe your electric bill:)

2. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    Although most benchmarks will show the FX no better than the older 1100t (due to weak single threading performance), there are situations where the archetechture allows AMD to perform on par , and better, clock per clock against even the 3770k. Before I saw the benchmarks I actually thought ivy bridge would widen the gap too far for AMD to catch up, but due to the weak sub par release from intel, I have high hopes for Vishera.

The real battle will be Haswell vs Steamroller (3rd Gen Bulldozer) where the real "Tocks" begin. :biggun:

Also, Looks like AMD's continuing to eat CPU and GPU market share from intel.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/254503/amd_gains_x86_processor_market_share_on_intel_in_q1.html

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Intel's market share in the first quarter this year dropped to 80.2 percent from 81 percent in last year's first quarter. AMD's market share rose to 19.1 percent from 18.2 percent, according to Mercury Research.
    only you would see this as a victory. lol

4. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Was that all from people buying their CPU's? Or does it include GPUs, and APUs as well?

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    dunno only skimmed it. could care less man. I am more concerned with cpu performance rather than sales:)

6. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Yeah I know, just asking.

7. angmar

angmar Guest

This guys review is utter trash and a crummy attempt at trying to make an 8150 look like a good cpu an that all the review sites must have gotten it wrong. The OP is such a blatant flaming fanboy I find it hard for anyone with even the slightest computer know how to take this stuff seriously. You hunt and pick for worthless benchmarks to try and shine the 8150 in a good light when in the real world the thing is junk. You even admitted in one of your previous post that you pick an choose which benchmarks to show so you already self admitted your review is bull****. I wanted bulldozer to be good....I really did. Competition is the only thing that keeps prices down. Unfortunately the 8150 is most certainly not the best cpu for your money. Especially for gaming.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012
  8. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    the fx 8150 is not a good cpu but it's not all bad, i think the fx have been released to soon in the future with the game becoming more and more gpu dependent and multitheard aware single thread perf will not be the graal, look at guru review and check the gap between intel cpu and amd cpu. In a very cpu limited and rather old game like far cry 2 the gap is huge, but if you look at crysis 2 with all setting to the max and dx11 patch the gap is more realistic and the fx and all amd cpu still going strong. But the fx lineup is far from the perf expected in year 2012 no one can go against that. Here the fx 8150 is priced at 189 euro and the 2500k is at 199 euro it's still a hard choice for people building a new rig.