Audio monitors up to US$200 !

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by nagual, Mar 4, 2013.

1. nagual

nagual Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD4550 Xfx fanless
    Dear mates,

what would be the best, fidelity wise, active nearfield monitors that I could buy on amazon or newegg, up to US$200,00, for listening to rock, jazz, pop (in order to replace my Edifier M 3400) ?
    P.S.: It would be good, but not decisive, if they had subwoofer output, for a future upgrade

Thanks in advance !

2. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/StudiophileAV40.html

or if you can get the BX5 D2's, they seem awesome :)

regards,
    RagDoll.

3. nagual

nagual Guest

GPU:
    They are US$210 at Amazon, but it seems overkill (70w) to nearrfield linstening, at low volume. Do you know how they compare to AV40´s ?
    (Excuse-me if I said anything foolish, as I am far from being an expert !)

4. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Better to have more juice on tap than not enough... Basically, you could go with audioengine, they seem pretty good aswell and I have heard them in a store :

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Audioengine-A2-Tech

regards,
    RagDoll.

5. nagual

nagual Guest

GPU:
    It was my first choice, but I read some people saying the A2 "colors" the sound more than other monitors in same budget. Anyway, as I cannot hear them myself, I´ll probably adopt your last suggestion, because I´ve read they are sensitive to equalization too (I´ve read a lot of things :nerd:).

6. nagual

nagual Guest

GPU:
    Well, the Audioengine A2 arrived yesterday ! A huge improvement over my old Edifier´s, except for the bass. At least for low volume listening, the A2 seems to have a linear response, what makes necessary, to my taste, to add a subwoofer. I am saying this because in some reviews I´ve read, it was said that these speakers have an enhanced response in the bass. That is not my impression, at least so far...

7. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Cool, good there was an improvement :) A sub would make them shine :) Just maybe get the audioengine sub, looks good and seems quite good...

regards,
    RagDoll.