wich modified NVIDIA ForceWare are the best overall?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by sony1978a, Jul 24, 2005.

1. sony1978a

sony1978a Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780 OC
    hi there
    i was wondering wich modified NVIDIA ForceWare are the best overall? i want to give this drivers a try but first i want to know wich ones are the best overall.

2. alst

alst Guest

GPU:
    8800gt
  3. Eric LaFrance

Eric LaFrance Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800GT 256meg
    For me the NGO nVidia Optimized Driver v77.72 is best but in the Nvidia control pannel for video card settings you want to go to the "Video overlay settings" menu and tick enable VMR so you can get proper looking video and than you have the best driver I have used so far as far as I can tell. May not be the fastest of all but the quality with smooth performance is there and that's what I care about

4. Fruitrience.hk

Fruitrience.hk Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 2900XT 512MB - Dell 2407FPW
    The NGO 77.72, or the Apocalypse 77.76s, if you OGL works for you with them

5. Quantum SLI

Quantum SLI Member

GPU:
    BFG 6600GT
    Which are the best

NGO 7772 are the best so far. Although the savage 7776 arent bad there a little slower than the ngos and the ngos have superior image quality.

6. kovboi

kovboi Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    I like the Overdrive Apocalypse 80.40 (inspite of the goofy name).

7. Zedo_M

Zedo_M Member

GPU:
    gigabayt HD5770 1gb ddr5
    have you tested thos 80 40 and did you get any points in smo benchmark tests

8. kovboi

kovboi Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    Here ya go, with the usual caveats ("every system is different," yadda yadda)...

Driver Name
    3DMark05 / Aquamark3

Xtreme G 77.62 HD Type 3
    3705 / 58,311

NGO 77.72
    3846 / 56,995

Forceware 77.72 whql
    3864 / 58,413

Forceware 77.76 beta
    3892 / 58,311

Overdrive Apocalypse 77.76 beta2
    3896 / 58,311

Forceware 77.50 beta
    3905 / 58,280

Forceware 77.30 beta
    3905 / 58,290

**** * 80.40 HD
    3960 / 57,695

Forceware 80.40 beta
    3979 / 57,986

DNA 80.40 (“balanced”)
    3993 / 58,209

Overdrive Apocalypse 80.40f
    4013 / 57,966

9. Eric LaFrance

Eric LaFrance Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800GT 256meg
    I don't know what is up with most of you and wanting pure frame rates, I'd rather have 2 frames per second less in my games and have a noticable image quality improvement. NGO 77.72 is image quality drivers, it's nice to not see shimmering everywhere.

The other driver talked about in here a lot has some pretty bad image distortion at distances. I played Ut2004 with the Ap 77.76 drivers and went past a straight line and this straight line burred out words from it's point. As in it went from say 3cm thick of a line to about 6cm this due to what I believe is image detail loss but it didn't have shimmering annoying lines of detail blurr which most other frame rate boosting drivers have.

So when wanting the best driver isn't what is the best it's what has the best image quality or what has the best frame rates or what has the best of both worlds.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  10. kovboi

kovboi Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    I don't think anyone would disagree with you, here. Image quality is a subjective appraisal, whereas benchmarks give you a fairly generalizable measure of performance. So even if you're looking for a balance between quality and performance, you might decide not to bother installing a given set of drivers if they're going to perform significantly worse than other drivers.

And for the record, I think the OA 80.40s look gorgeous. Before that I was using the NGO 77.72, but I didn't notice a significant difference in image quality and got much better frame rates when I changed drivers. This isn't to knock NGO's drivers - generally they're quite good. I imagine they'll be even better if he ever gets himself an Nvidia card to test them on before releasing to the community. :p

11. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    :\

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  12. vinteg

vinteg Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640
    well i played with the apocalypse 80.40 and the image sucks bigtime. in the distance there is a huge (and when i say huge it's huge) distortion in the distance wich is realy anoying to play i'm gonna install difrent one's right now

edit: well looks like thesedrivers have a bug that if you set something to application controlled it aint working. (well at least it doest in css)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  13. kovboi

kovboi Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    no problems here.

14. vinteg

vinteg Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640
    strange. it was realy ****ed up at first. ever played a game on 640 reso? well it looked like that:eek:

15. sony1978a

sony1978a Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780 OC
    END THis

ok i had it with this modifide drivers crap.
    first of all.All modofide drivers are crap you ask me why?
    i will tell you why.

for starts the real nvidia drivers come out and work for evreything D3D OGL and more,so if the nvidia drivers are coming out good then how come when some peapole modifie the drivers allways end up making them worse?
    i mean look at 8.40 and 77.76beta1 and 77.72 and all other modifide drivers i tride them all they all come out good in one way and bad in another :/ WHY??????
    the reall nvidia drivers come out good as i said above and wok fine with everything is true they not twaked like the modifide drivers but at list they work fine on D3d and OGL.
    so if peapole modife the drivers just cus they have CS S or HL 2 but what about OGL games all my OGL games work **** on modifide drivers so whats the point i wonder is this drivers made for ATI?????????
    lol or for the peapole ho have CS s only?

16. kovboi

kovboi Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    i've never had any serious problems with modified drivers, aside from differences in performance or image quality. sorry you're having such a hard time. after each uninstall are you booting to safe mode and using driver cleaner?

17. sony1978a

sony1978a Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780 OC
    Heloo

Hi there thanx for replay mate.
    well i do agree with you wen you say the defrense between the drivers is proformance but is not over all, is one way or another.and yes i do use DCP in safe mod after unstal.i can tell you now all the modifide drivers are grate for D3D games but not OGL :( i cant just play CS S for ever, i want to play TFC Doom 3 and other OGL games,if only i new how to tweak drivers i wolud make the best modofide drivers.also is not that i dont respect the peapole ho modifi the drivers i do thank them for doing all that work for free,i just hope if they make a set of drivers that do work with all the games just like the real nvidia drivers with extra proformance.

PS

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  18. kovboi

kovboi Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    yeah, no one wants to get stuck with just one game! Again, I haven't had any problems with the OA80.40's, including with Doom3. Out of curiosity I tried Chronicles of Riddick and when I went to force OGL 1.5, Rivatuner gave me all sorts of error messages.

Looking at other threads here, the 80.40s have a reputation for being buggy, though I can't really explain why they seem to work fine for me or (more importantly) why no driver seems to be working for you! Maybe one of the modders can help? Guys? Anyone listening?

The good news is that you can still run games on the official drivers, meaning that there's nothing wrong with your system per se. You might consider updating your motherboard drivers as this seems to affect some people's success with modified drivers. (I'm using the 6.53 "remix")

19. sony1978a

sony1978a Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780 OC
    thanx

what motherbord drivers and from where i can download them. do you mean NF drivers?

20. kovboi

kovboi Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=19

yes, i mean the nforce drivers. i was mistaken above - i'm using 6.37. i've heard that the nf4 drivers 6.53 and even 6.66 might work with other nf versions, but i haven't been willing to risk it yet.