NZXT Phantom 820 Chassis gets tested and a review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the NZXT Phantom 820 Full tower PC case. Absolutely tasteful in many ways as the design is simply great, the features are grand and then the extras still need to kick in. What about a digita...

NZXT Phantom 820 Chassis gets tested and a review

2. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thanks for the review.

This case looks really impressive, with all its design, cabling helpers, and connectivity. Thanks to the big fans and controller, it should offer pretty good cooling-to-noise ratio. Too bad that the price is so high. Over here it's even more expensive - $335-$355 converted to USD, depending on store.

3. Silent_Takedown

Silent_Takedown Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 WF3
    Nice!

Looking like a great case.

I still love my NZXT Phantom Enthusiast case.

Venom, where do you get hardware from in Poland? I need some stores/websites to buy stuff from but no idea where. Too expensive to buy things from the UK now and have them shipped here.

4. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I usually open Cenowarka / Ceneo / Allegro lookups and pick the one that's the cheapest, rarely Amazon.co.uk. If I'm on a hurry or want a reliable store in case of expected RMA, I usually buy at Morele.net - good prices & great support, especially in Warsaw.

5. Silent_Takedown

Silent_Takedown Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 WF3
    Alrighty,

I'll have to check those out. I've not used Allegro yet but I know a lot of the guys here do. I'll have to ask my colleagues again, as they mentioned a few places to buy from.

Thank you.

6. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    Heavy Stuff;D

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Bought this case last week, also in White (to replace a Lexa Blackline), it truly is stunning, got mountains of room inside, and with all those gromets, its easy to hide all cables, and they are situated in all the right places, so you can get yer cables coming back through, right next to where you want to plug them in, and i also didn't need to use the CPU extender cable, as one of the CPU cables i got with my new PSU (Corsair AX860w), reached without issue. :p

You can get a 60mm in the bottom, and still have room to spare, as per this review :- http://skratchwizpc.net/cases/nzxt-phantom-820-full-tower-case-review/#

Looks like a pretty thick one can go in the top as well.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    In my Switch 810 (very similar chassis) I have a 80mm top with pull fans and a 80mm bottom with push/pull.

Rich you post some photos yet?

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Not yet, to busy at the mo.