New mobile phone

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Peter Buxu, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Peter Buxu

Peter Buxu Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OCX
    Hi guys, first of all good morning. I'm in search for a new mobile phone but I can't decide what to buy. My budget is between €240 - €280 not more.

I want something that has got the qwerty keyboard but at the same time has also got a very good touch screen to use. I got my eyes onto the Nokia N900 * E72 but it lacks the use of touch screen... What do you guys think/ Do you recommend them?

Also can you please list me some other mobile phones please!...........as I have just said, must have qwerty keyboard plus a good touch screen & must not be too buggy. Many thanks in advance guys :cheers:

2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I would go for HTC Desire Z. It has a full sized qwerty keyboard, 3.7" touch screen, 800mhz processor and 512 ram and will also be in your budget price...

3. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    This is a pic of what the Desire Z looks like, and if I wanted a good mobile with a qwerty keyboard, touch screen, i'd definately go with this:

[​IMG]

4. Peter Buxu

Peter Buxu Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OCX
    @kanej2007 >>> many thanks for your reply. What about the mobile phones in the below links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190515526101&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130532007838&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260802008295&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

They have not got a qwerty keyboard but they seem good. Also the first two links have got a 1GHz processor whilst the 3rd one has got a less powerful one? What you think? Thanks =)

5. Peter Buxu

Peter Buxu Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OCX
    Between, regarding the qwerty keyboard I saw an article here stating that the ribbons of the mobile that allows the phone 2 slide are made of plastic plus that some dust might enter during the time when the mobile phone is open :/

Link:http://www.technologyblogged.com/mobile-phones/htc-desire-z-review

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I would go with one of the first 2. They both have the same specification apart from the name & looks.

The third one is slightly cheaper but has a smaller and lower quality screen as well as a bad camcorder & weaker cpu...

If the first 2 are in your budget, choose one of them.

7. Peter Buxu

Peter Buxu Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OCX
    Well, yes they do fall into my budget, but have got any other suggestions? Thanks.

8. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Yes, your other alternatives within your price range are:

HTC Desire
    Samsung Galaxy S8530 Wave

The Samsung has a better quality screen, better camera/video & cpu.

HTC almost as good, main advantage the HTC has a much larger screen, almost an inch bigger.

If your not bothered about camera quality or having the best screen go for the Samsung.

If you want something good, average camera but a larger screen, though not as good, go for HTC.

9. Peter Buxu

Peter Buxu Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OCX
    @ kanej2007......I think I'm going to go for the Desire Z m8t.........I've sent a msg to the HTC support team & look what they have sent me:

"Dear Peter Barbara,

Thank you for contacting HTC.

In regards to your enquiry, kindly note that this is truly the design of the phone. However it will not cause any negaive effect while using it."

10. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Haha, what did they mean by ''Negative effect? ''. Will the phone explode?

The HTC Desire Z is a good choice and is cheap for what it is, also excellent build quality...

11. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    ive got an n900. its great for sms and very light web browsing, but its nothing special given today's newer devices. the customisability is nice, since its completely open source. you can get android 2.2 running via nitdroid, which gives you access to the android marketplace. there are also a few tweaks you can pull off on the n900, like overclocking. i wrote an overclocking guide ages ago that can be found here http://discussions.nokia.com.au/t5/.../overclocking-via-xterminal/m-p/704610#M13253

i just ordered a motorola atrix. it will be my first venture into android and tegra2 territory, so im hoping its worth the upgrade. gonna miss the hardware keyboard though.

motorola has some decent qwerty phones. theyve got a new milestone 3/droid 3 coming out that has a qwerty keyboard, dual core processor, 512mb ram, powervr gpu.