Looking for a SSD

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by kens30, May 2, 2012.

1. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I am currently thinking of buying a ssd for the first time (due to high prices and various issues) and i would like some suggestions if it is worth it or not? I am looking currently at the Corsair Force GT 60GB to use for OS Win7 and my current boot drive with all apps i use are only 45gb.By the way my local store only has Corsair and OCZ 3 series drives which i have read that they have a lot of issues bsod's. I am thinking that since the paging file will be on the ssd i will also gain a bit of performance on my WD black drive that i will be using for games.I will just like to know if the Corsair Force GT is a reliable drive as i have no other choice except the OCZ 3 series drives.:)

2. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850OC Windforce
    I'd say "Heck, kens30. Why haven't you got one sooner?"

I was recently in the same boat. I opted for low capacity OCZ Vertex 3 drives. They have incredible performance, but I can't talk about blue screens - because I haven't had any! Next one's going in the laptop.

Go for it. I can't recommend OCZ SSD enough.

3. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I’ve been using a 60gb GT for OS\Programs for nine months and have yet to have single problem with it.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another. Get it and enjoy.

4. deluxe

deluxe Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti G1
    It's currently a no-brainer: Crucial M4 128 or 256 GB.
    They have been dropping in price a lot lately, and they are reliable and fast.
    The new OZC drives are a bit faster, but looking at the past I wouldn't go for OZC even if they stopped using sandforce.

Take anything less than 128 GB and you will seriously regret it in the future.
    Install your OS on it and you're pretty much full, having your favourite games on it is a MUST.

5. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Unfortunately the Crucial M4 128 is not available in my country and the store i will be ordering from is the only one which has store warranty and immediate replacement in 15 minutes which is very important for me i dont want to take the risk of buying something and having to rma it and wait about a month for replacement.Any way deluxe you're right about saying that i will seriously regret it,so the next available choice i have (within my budget) is the OCZ Agility 3 120gb so it is that or nothing at the moment.

6. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    i used a 60gb drive for about a year 10gb free most of the time it can be done but you will get fed up of checking available space 120gb or above is the best option

7. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    if you can afford, and it's available get an intel series 520 ssd, they are the best SSD on the planet right now, regarding reliability

8. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    There's a newer, cheaper, and faster cousin of 520...the 330 series.

9. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    I have a 240GB intel 520 and it's a great drive, but I recently bought a SanDisk Extreme 240GB drive.
    The SanDisk Extreme SSD was $100 cheaper then the intel 520 and to be truthful I can't tell the difference in perfomance while using either drive unless I look at bench tools.
    If I was going to buy another ssd I know what I'd spend my money on, SanDisk as it's just the best bang for buck atm imho.