Best way for upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by AZONIC[rus], Mar 27, 2012.

1. AZONIC[rus]

AZONIC[rus] Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS EAH6950 DiCuII 2Gb
    Well, it seems that discussion going onto personalities...

Let's take a look firs and second

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Interesting Guru3D article, although it pretty much just confirms what I've been saying the whole time....

No prizes for guessing which card you're looking at lol
    It'd be good to see the same tests done with a 680, just for comparison.

Edit-

Hey I just looked at the BF3 results, that can't be right because that's about what you get with your 6950 isn't it?
    48fps seems really low for a 7970...although if that's min fps it's prob OK, I can't remember whether Hilbert shows min or avge..

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  3. AZONIC[rus]

GPU:
    ASUS EAH6950 DiCuII 2Gb
    That was a singlplayer test...
    Guru:
    "Battlefield 3 was the one title that I expected to show a lot of performance differences with different CPUs. Dude was I wrong. And I should have known it as BF3 is very efficient with multi-threading, hence it can utilize multiple cores extremely well making its CPU needs really efficient.
    I do need to make a note here as especially for BF3 it counts, this is a single player benchmark test. In massive online environment your CPU will become increasingly more important and stressed much worse. However, of we purely focus on the graphics engine versus the processors used, the difference remains rather small.
    "
    [​IMG]

I have 35-41 FPS in 1920x1200. If my CPU is somewhere around i5-661-x4-970-i7-870, then I will get plus 15-20 FPS with 7970 :) and probably null with i7-2600K
    :nerd:

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Out of the CPU's in that test, yours is about equal to the X4 970. And yeah the 7970 is looking pretty good for you right now..:)

Btw, I played BF3 online with my 6950 and a dual core Athlon X2 255 (3.6Ghz).

Yes the CPU was hitting 95-100% load, but my fps were still about 35-45...so you should get way more than that at least. The biggest problem I had was lots of stutter...

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    i am inclined to agree with pill, you must be trolling. Do i seriously have to get out my 9400GT, take out my 580s, run BF3 stock vs my OC 4.8ghz and show the differences? newsflash, there will be ZERO difference between fps. :3eyes:

6. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Do you think I am trolling despite already giving my word that I'm not? If so, I have absolutely nothing to say to you.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You're a first class troll.

I had my suspicions a long time ago but instead figured I'd give you the benefit of the doubt. Seems in this case I should have trusted my instincts.

8. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    I didn't expect anything less from you than rude condescension. Sorry you have to be like that, dunno what I can say.

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Lol, this coming from the guy who says to me:
    Then claims he is an innocent victim of my misguided self righteous behavior after I finally lost patience with him: (And yes it was bottle necked by the I7).
    ^You are such a hypocrite.

[​IMG]
    ^^Sound familiar?

I would much rather be helping the guy who can't install his drivers, or telling someone how to read a dumplog or format his HDD or repair his mbr.

But no, I can't - cuz I'm stuck between helping a guy in this tread who is getting a bucketload of bad advice...and arguing about stupid crap that really doesn't need debating.
    What can I say, maybe you bring out the worst in me?

This is how trolls operate;
    never quite debating the point at hand, instead skirting around it or being vague, deliberately making rebuttals in question form instead of giving direct answers,
    introducing meaningless/irrelevant benchmark results, implying a lot but never committing to any one POV,
    asking the other party if he or she said/thought a certain way as if they did say it, when in fact they did not...continuing to argue/debate a topic you are unsure about but keep slogging away anyway hoping the other person really knows less than you do....
    attacking or inciting a conflict, then playing the innocent party...all these things describe you, so please don't think it's simply because your opinion might be different....

You remind me of that Cambria dude who got the hammer not so long ago....Anyway I'm not wasting anymore time on this.

10. AZONIC[rus]

GPU:
    ASUS EAH6950 DiCuII 2Gb
    I tested in 1600x1200... And I think I need to change everything. GPU and all system:)
    I get avg 40 FPS for 10 mins of play in MP.
    And this is load...

[​IMG]

11. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Overclocking your cpu to 4ghz and getting a 7970/680 will increase the fps, however I don't know if your cpu will keep up with the cards when thier overclocked. A second 6950 should increase the fps as well however it will still be limited by your cpu.

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    somebodys a trolling here.

13. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    What a sour, childish rant.