Wipeout the omega collection

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 3, 2016.

1. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Check out Redout on Steam. It's a Wipeout knockoff. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but the vids I've seen look really good.

2. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I'm sorry to tell you it's nothing like Wipeout (which has weapons) but at least it runs alright.

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    To be fair, 2048 is a remaster of the Vita game that needed a remaster. It was too ambitious for the hardware. So there's a game that wasn't from the ps3 :) There's also HDR, 60fps, better lighting, textures...many reviews claim it's one of the best looking games on PS4. Plus..it's Wipeout...THE futuristic racer.

Try Redout. It's the closest thing you're gonna find on PC and it's not half bad.

4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Already did, no weapons, refund.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    If only Nintendo would get their act together and give us an 1080p/60fps F-Zero game with 64 player online multiplayer.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm just installing the game to my PS4 Pro now and it's downloading a 275 MB patch too.

I got mine from ShopTo.net who sent the steelbook and game separately. The game comes in a standard amaray case with a gorgeous PS1 box style slipcase. Handily, this slipcase actually fits around the steelbook case. The steelbook is lovely too but I actually prefer the slipcase. It brings back such fond memories of when I traded my SEGA Saturn in for a second-hand PlayStation and how WipEout, the disc badly scratched but still working, was the first game I played. I was blown away at the time.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.S. I have been really enjoying Formula Fusion on the PC, the nearest thing to a WipEout game on that platform. Thankfully, the game's performance issues were fixed within days so the game now runs like a dream on my hardware. It's not quite as slick as WipEout as the development team is small (apparently some of them worked on the original WipEout games) and the music is really samey and repetitive but it's a lot of fun to play. The sense of speed is absolutely terrific IMO.

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I have good and bad memories of Wipeout. The music is of the best highlights. You need to know the tracks and how each ship handles in order to not bounce off every corner like a loon. The weapons were what I hated the most, especially when in the lead as you know an earthquake is coming your way, or a rocket.

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Nintendo can't be too eager, or have much motivation to do much of anything right now, considering their system is selling like hotcakes with like, 3 games on it and an online service that's been delayed until 2018. It's like they're TRYING to do everything they can to cool off the demand and it just increases with every bone headed move they make lol. Amazing.

10. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    This was all i was hoping for in this collection. The zone races from the PS vita. Now im just waiting on Killzone 2 and 3 remasters.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

Digital Foundry showcase

:banana:

12. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Motion blur can ruin any good game, but thankfully (and this was a surprise to me) you can turn it off.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I was just about to post that. This pretty much convinced me!

A TRUE remaster which uses the power of the Pro to it's fullest.

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Played it last night. Looks beautiful in 4k. Finally something I feel my PS4 Pro is getting good use out of. Beside Horizon Dawn.

This is some of the nicest HDR I've seen. Especially the night levels with the neon signs and things. Just amazing. Game is everything I had hoped. Still one of my favorites.

15. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Demon's Souls for me. :)

16. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    I know right.

A sad thing is that they only reason i want a PS4Pro is for exclusives that are remasters and Uncharted 4 (just so i can finish the series).

17. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    I bought my PS4 solely because of Bloodborne. I could have ignored all the other exclusives if it weren't for that one title. But once I bought the console, it made sense to buy most of the other exclusives, and a few remasters from last generation when they went on sale.

But I've put more time into Diablo 3 than any other game. Not having to worry about getting kicked out of the game due to poor connection suddenly made it a lot more fun to play. :wanker:

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I bought this game a few games ago.

I find it pretty much awesome! Its a joy to actually see what is coming up instead of heavy aliased view.

I do miss multiplayer though. i really dont understand why they didnt add it. would be awesome to play online with people.

The music is also a different story. I guess they are afraid to run into license problems again like the guys from Amplitude so they made their own.
    It gets boring very soon and in no means resembles the awesome tracks wipeout used to be famous for.
    Ive muted it, and just got a spotify playlist playing in the back. much better i can tell you!

I do think this game is by far the best version. personally for me the best racer since f-zero gx. I didnt like the ps3/vita ones due to the view. This game is nice and crisp all the way.

19. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Played this at GAME with my son. At the starting speed (quite slow), this game seems a lot easier to play than I remember, especially when I compare it to my Vita version. So easy even my 6yr old son could play it. However, that's a positive as it allows more people to get into it. Looks nice.