Gigabyte overtaking ASUS in motherboard market

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    my last build was a MSI mobo, with the newer one I'm going with Gigabyte mobo and can't turn back...

2. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    My GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H is pretty nice, pretty solid. Though I should really consider RMAing it since the USB 3 hub for the internal USB 3 header blew out. Oh well lol, I'll wait until the summer, it's not really that important since I don't really use it.

deltatux

3. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm still using your old Gigabyte and it's been flawless :) My two previous boards were Asus and both died. Will be buying Giga again next time

4. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Asus has always worked better for me, and their bios is better.

5. orion24

orion24 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1254/1703
    I've been traditionally an ASUS customer as I was seeking the best, but some not so good boards from them (P5Q Deluxe, P5Q3 Deluxe and partly striker II extreme) made me switch to Gigabyte for the Nehalem architecture, with the GA-X58A-UD7 v1.0.

Now Gigabyte has pretty made sure that next time, I'll go back to ASUS, as I didn't like this board at all. It needs an entire 30-40 seconds from power-on to start booting. Never before did I have such a slow starting board. The second slower is considerably faster than this. SATA3.0 from Marvell is a joke, but of course, it is the same for every board of that time. If they were honest, they shouldn't be advertising SATA3.0 with this Marvell controller at all

6. Kwok

Kwok Guest

GPU:
    1x GTX1080
    I have used GA mobos since 2005 with the one ASrock product on my last personal build. The ASRock mobo lasted 18 months then went poof. I have since went back to Gigabyte with a UD5H mobo and I am totally happy with the solid Board, Bios, and Performance.
    Asus is for NeoCon Fanbois. :banana:

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Simple tale, always gone Asus never had ANY issue with them, the other day my new Gigabyte mobo arrived, had to go with them as they were the only board that did what I was looking for, hooked it all up only to find that one of the 3 Sata ports is dead. First time I've stepped outside the Asus box and gotta say I am not impressed, oh and the website for Gigabyte is total and utter crap.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013