MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 10(2013-05-22)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, May 22, 2013.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Configure OSD server properly. And update versions as infrequently as it is possible if it is a problem for you.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I did mess about with it, still can't get it to work. Any tips? Great work on the latest beta otherwise.

3. Unwinder

Configure OSD server like it was on 2.3.1, create profile for this game if necessary.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I did that, created a profile, checked the compatibility etc. Still no go.

5. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Try a clean install, or close Afterburner and delete the [FnOffsetCache] section from RTSS\Profiles\Config then save and re-launch.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Thanks, will try that. If it doesn't work, not a biggie. Don't really need to monitor that game tbh.

7. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Is it on purpose that the "Reboot is required to finalize RivaTunerStatisticsServer installation" message keeps poping up over and over again if you press OK ?
    Don't really feel like restarting right now ^^

But it's great to see how many cool features are implented for Nvidia! To bad AMD's driver team has other things to do....

8. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    I think it was a great idea, as it helps prevent false bug reports due to a failure to reboot.

9. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Hi Unwinder, and thanks for new version as always.

I have a little doubt: In order to restore voltage control on my 680 Lightning I had to put the "black magic" to the profile.cfg again (I removed it when msi quit the lockup from the database some months ago). Is it possible that msi locked it in the database once again (on purpose or not) or am I missing something here?

Kind Regards and thanks in advance!

Ps: Please don't get mad if I'm wrong! :mad4: :roll:

10. Unwinder

Just checked the last revision of MSI database, it doesn't seem to be locked for N680 Lighjtning.

11. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks for your answer Alex.

Then I don't really know what it's going on in my system, was working flawlessly with beta9, I may had bricked it somehow. Anyway, its working perfectly with profile editing now, may be I'll try a full uninstall/install to see if it solves it.

Kind Regards as always!

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I can report another game that doesn't work with beta10 is Grid 2. no matter what I do, it CTD on me. 2.3.1. works just fine with Grid 2. 2.3.1 also works with the only other game that wouldn't work with beta10, Might and Magic Heroes: VI.

13. Unwinder

There are no changes in hooking between RTSS included in 2.3.1 and 3.0.0 and they behave equal you use the same RTSS settings. I won't add anything more to it, sorry, if you beleive that 2.3.1 is more stable - just keep using it and stay away from 3.0.0.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm not having a go. But it is weird that the older version works and beta 10 didn't with certain games. I'll try to work it out.

EDIT: did a clean install, it works now with GRID 2. Not sure why it didn't work before but all good now. sorry about the confusion.

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    For some reason the Afterburner beta 10 link redirects me to the skins rather than Afterburner.

Edit: Nevermind it works now for some reason. No I was not clicking the wrong link, it's the same one.

16. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Hi Unwinder
    I was just checking MSI forum and noticed over there in AB build link the moderator posted not to use beta 10 as voltage doesn't work .

last post
    http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=161235.0

Just heads up , I don't know if true still on 2.3 .

I am waiting on official 3.0 as 2.3 works fine for me .Don't have 7xx so its not bad to be on this version .

17. Unwinder

Those mods definitively know everything about AB better ;) I'd love to see MSI reps posting here, as their staff is supposed to.

18. Psychor

Psychor Member

GPU:
    pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
    With Beta 10 RTSS no longer shows up in my system tray. It's running and the overlay shows up on 3D apps but the only way to open the settings screen for RTSS is via the "More" button under the "On-Screen Display" tab of AB. Is this change intended?

Thanks.

19. Unwinder

No changes in this area. RTSS tray icon is hidden if you enable single tray icon mode and it was so in the previous versions.

20. Unwinder

Some news on development:

During last few weeks I was working on adding Matroska (MKV) container support to MSI Afterburner's video capture module. So in next betas will be possible to choose between AVI and MKV video file format.
    Sadly, my mobo and PSU god damaged after insatlling some one evil engineering sample graphics card, so development slowed down a bit. But I hope to replace damaged components and speed up development soon.