GTX 680 Owners Check-In

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Xtreme1979, Mar 24, 2012.

1. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I haven't posted in this thread for a bit, but here are some 3DMark11 an Heaven 3.0 results at the clocks I have set that are shown in Afterburner.
    [​IMG]

2. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
  3. rakunvar

rakunvar Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    So.. Completely wiped my Nvidia drivers last night after my random FPS drop. Re installed the 310.10, OCscanners test again now showed the 650ish FPS again. After tweaking with my processor later and such, nothing with GPU, re-ran same test and its AGAIN back to the 350range FPS.. Not like its a benchmark or whatnot but no clue why its doing this...

Gonna try yet again to wipe I think.

4. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I think they just need to release a better driver, as I've been having issues with it as well, sometimes the profiles don't work (SLI won't be used, even when I tell the driver to use AFR1 or AFR2), the frame rate limiter randomly will be enabled (and I won't know unless I check via inspector), also I've noticed that some the options have issues when you try to customize them, as they don't stay selected once you select them.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Nice results but why Performance and not Extreme?

I ran 3DMark Vantage last night (I'd forgotten how terrible those Graphics Tests actually are) and score X29500-ish (Extreme). I didn't run the Performance one though.

6. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Just finished testing out these settings, and it's looking pretty good. I lowered the MSAA from 8 to 4, since I'm running at 2560x1440, but everything else is the same. After swapping out HRTP for Skyrim HD 1.5, the memory usage isn't even going over 1.9Gb, which is ironic because SHD looks a hell of a lot better than HRTP. Regardless, this just shows that the 2Gb HD680 is capable of handling even Skyrim with mods without having to sacrifice image quality.

Thanks for the pointers :thumbup:

7. rakunvar

rakunvar Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    So interesting tidbit.. Used Nvidia inspector and just set the profile to default/reset and bam back at the 650 range. Going to go thru settings one by one and see what did it. I even tried to reset the ones in Control panel before this so no clue.

8. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Weird. Probably some compatibility issue with Inspector and the new driver, hopefully a new driver along with a new version of inspector fixes these little issues.

9. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    thanks for the share. great to see its already reviewed :D

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The Palit GTX 680 Jetstream looks like a great card for overclocking, thanks to the 6+8-pin PCI-E connectors but the out of the box settings are a little conservative considering pretty much all the reference cards can handle a 1,084 MHz GPU and 6,300 MHz memory clock.

12. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

Edited my post to include extreme results; also post below:

3DMark 11: X3665
    http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3064336

13. rakunvar

rakunvar Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    So once I turned on FXAA in control panel it wouldn't shut off apparently. That alone cut my OCScanner stress test FPS from 650 to 450. Then AA-Transparency did the same thing, this one brought the 450 down to 350. It did lower my score on 3dmark 11 quite abit, so keep an eye out everyone.

14. rakunvar

rakunvar Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    Yea thing looks sick. Not sure how they end up doing things, but when would those start showing up on newegg or wherever?

Just found this not sure if it'll help anyone but a nice idea of some scores by newegg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEPL1SilkJ8

GTX 580, 680, and 680 SLI in Heaven 2.5 and 3.0, 3Dmark 11, and Vantage. Gives people an idea of scores I figured.

15. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Thanks alot @rakunvar

16. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Behold!

*cue choir of angels and light shafts*

[​IMG]

:banana:

17. Frohman0905

Frohman0905 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB OC @ 1202/7000
    Nice! Just got of the phone with the store where I ordered my Gainward GTX 680. They told me it's out of stock and they don't know when it's back in :( The good news is, they have the MSI GTX 680 in stock now. I've changed my order and tomorrow they'll send it out :D Expected arrival: monday. It's going to be a long weekend :(

EDIT: just got an email. They send it out today :D

18. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Need to ask something. I am seeing Voltage can be adjustable on MSi afterburner . But on evga precisionx there is a "PowerTarget" but no voltage changing. And as i read forums i can see we cant touch voltages and gpu itself adjusting it. So how msi afterburner have a voltage adjusting?

19. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

You can adjust the volts in Precision X as well. Just click the adjust voltage button.

20. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    k thx alot Xtreme1979.