Logitech Launches new PC Gaming products

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 20, 2013.

1. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Really don't like the look of the new stuff from Logitech, the older models looked sleek but these just don't.

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Hmph nothing new i would want currently using gigabyte osmium and kryptonite cause i got a packet deal for both and a mat for mouse, these are really good products. my old imperator 2012 sucks compared to this gb mouse :D

But i still have my old trusty performance mx mouse for movie watching that it does nicely and g19 keyboard for my other computer.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Came from a G19 to a G710+, can't say i miss the LCD at all.

I did replace all o-rings with Red ones tho. And so far i'm rly liking my first Mechanical Keyboard.

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I wont be buying anything more from them.
    My G19 keyboards display rarely works now, its a very common fault.
    I can get it working by taking it apart, unplugging the internal connectors a few times, but after a short while (mins to hrs) it stops again.
    You cant change the keyboard backlight colour unless the display is functioning, because the display not working disables the software!

My G500 mouse came without the weights tray so I used Blu Tak to hold them in place.

It is rarely detected by the driver and cant be configured unless it is detected.

It requires a very flat surface or it tracks awefully, giving very jerky/slow movement.

Just running the G500 mouse software causes the G19 keyboard software to crash, every single time, so they cant both be used to their potential in the same system.

I use a Steelseries Sensei mouse which tracks on just about any surface and doesnt screw my keyboards software up. Although the keyboards software is useless now because the display doesnt work.
    Absolutely crap products that are supposed to be their flagships and arent cheap, great advert guys.

5. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Damn I just bought a new G400. Going to have to get one of their new mice.

*my original G11 keyboard & MX518 work just fine still. 6 years later.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  6. remixedcat

remixedcat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 650TiSSC 1GB
    Are you using Setpoint and LGS at the same time? You're not supposed to I think.

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Where did you read that?
    What alternative do you suggest?
    You need both software to make full use of both products.

I havent found any statement that they shouldnt be used together.
    There was no message during installation warning about this, and Logitech didnt prevent the installation of either.

8. remixedcat

remixedcat Guest

GPU:
    some people had weird stuff happen with both depends on the version.... I seen it a few times on Logitech's forums....

9. gahanfrost

gahanfrost New Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    I have G9 for about 5 years. still work perfect. cant find any better mouse for replacement.

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I dont think you quite get it.
    They are both needed to make both products function as they should.
    Both are made by the same company, so there should not be any compatibility issues.

Because people have reported they have trouble running them together is not a reason why they shouldnt be used together.
    That is a statement about peoples problems with how bad the software is and that it needs fixing.

If you have seen a statement from Logitech saying dont use them together, along with a remedy. I'm all ears.
    But making stuff up after you have just joined this forum is royal.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Indeed, you can't even download Setpoint anymore. Atleast i can't for my G500. I now set it up in LGS aswell as my G710+.

12. remixedcat

remixedcat Guest

GPU:
    I said "I think" and I said "some people" that doesn't mean everyone has issues. I saw a few posts on thier forums where some people had a few issues and said that. Ok. No need to freak out like that.

I said that becuase maybye it could be a problem.... Now most people don't have problems with it. I know that.

13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    This ones a bit close to the bone for me, I paid a fair bit for these and I cant get full function from either and they are even worse when used together!
    How on earth they can make 2 high class products designed to work together, that dont work together...

I just plugged in the G500 mouse (without setpoint running), ran LGS and despite both my mouse and keyboard being plugged in, it says "No Devices Detected".

14. remixedcat

remixedcat Guest

GPU:
    Did you try reinstalling both peices of software?

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Don't worry, not much has changed except the looks and a different firmware allowing the sensor to push out 4000 dpi (which will push it to it's limits imo, the most solid mouse in the whole line up but the extra 400 dpi is just useless).

They have listened to one complaint though, they've somewhat strengthened the connection of the mouse cord so it'll break less easily.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    How about setpoint 6.3 or older? Those had support for both gaming and non-gaming products.

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Yes many different versions of both, all gave the same behavior.
    Running both Setpoint and LGS causes LGS to crash, ""immediately"" I run Setpoint.

The mouse not being detected is a common problem I found after researching it.
    At first I couldnt even use it, it took hours before it finally detected it once and let me set it up, but it can rarely be detected even now.
    It works without the driver, but cant be configured.

The Keyboard was fine for about a year, then the display started cutting out (also a common fault).
    When it does this, the software can no longer detect it and disables all its features.
    Taking the display apart, unplugging it and reconnecting a few times can get it to work again, but it always stops and its a pita to keep doing this.
    Much of the time when it doesnt work, it flashes white/black and is very distracting.
    You can turn the brightness down, BUT only if you can get it to work lol !!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Mufflore, I had issues getting SetPoint to actually work with my G500, even without detection problems....and I can confirm that both SetPoint and LGS should be capable of running together without issue as I've had them both installed together myself....but I've also seen both SetPoint and LGS crash for absolutely no reason at all. Both are pretty crappy imho....

I've had around a dozen Logitech mice, a handful of Logitech keyboards and 2 Logitech headsets...and no, I don't bother contacting customer support. In most cases, they're useless.

19. Steve

Steve Member

GPU:
    EVGA 680 Classified SLI
    Every logitech mouse I owned had the left click "double-click" issue, from the MX 700, MX 1000, G5 and G700. For headsets, I had a G35 Cord Failure so I switched to wireless with the G930 and the left driver stopped working.

At this point i'm done with logitech. Everything showcased with the G series just looks like rebranding... boo!

Just ordered the Razer black widow 2013 with the new deathadder 2013.:)

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Had a logitech G5 (rev 1) which lasted me a massive 6 years after going through some very heavy BF2 play.

It then finally died through wear and tear and i know have a G500 and i have no problems with it.

Logitech mice i have had good experience's with although my next mouse will be a SteelSeries.