AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA 9.5 (13.250.18.0 November 29)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    More like releasing a motor boat without the motor.

Here are some sails, well send you the motor later.

lol

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    anyone install these yet?

is the OD tab back?

3. cristian.a

cristian.a Guest

GPU:
    RX580 8GB
    thank you asder00

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Mantles going to fail with BF4 being broken, its gona have a zero effect when the game keeps crashing to desktop, BSODing, this that and the other, unless they fix it by then :p

Mantle really needs releasing for a working game.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013

5. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I don't have any of those issues you mentioned on bf4. I noticed you have a 7970. I'm using a r9-280x so they are practically the same card. From what I have seen online, BF4 seems to dislike the i7. You could try unparking your cores and disabling ht if you haven't already. I hear that is hit and miss. Works for some people but not others. Hopefully they patch it eventually.

6. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Don't have any of them issues never have. My only problem I did have was server crashing.

And what if the problem that's happening now is something about dx11.1?
    Mantle replaces DirectX in BF4 so therefore it could very well run better :p

7. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    My guess Mantle will be here in 13.12 in about two weeks.

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I had only one issue with BF4 (campaign) where I couldn't resume at a checkpoint (it would CTD at loading). Other than that; the experience was smooth and problem-free from what I can recall.

Can't speak for multiplayer though.

I'm also "somewhat" sure the Mantle patch on its own won't just include Mantle, but probably some other miscellaneous fixes too, not to mention there might be some other patches that fix some issues before then too.

But who knows; maybe I'm just giving EA/Dice too much credit... Guess we'll just have to wait and see :)

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I don't have the game, as no interest in it, but can see from reading the massive thread in the games section that its broken, theres loads of probs with it.

10. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Seems like never. On the other hand, NVIDIA already released like 3 versions which improve AC4BF performance

11. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Always remember those who have issues complain.
    Those that's don't have issue don't.

:D

12. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Do these drivers resolve the corruption seen in the Battlefield 4 campaign during the south china sea mission? It's when you're aboard the ship with the flashing red lights. I swear I've tried various Radeon cards and they all have the same problem.

13. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060 12GB
    Everyone's going to hate me for being a Spelling/Grammar *****, but Frame Pacing*. :cheers:

14. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    frame pacing for quad fire fixes ? what about crossfire fixes ? and where is the optimizations for black flag and ghosts ????? seriously, no wonder i have purchased and have in my possession a xboxone and ps4 lol :D

15. evotuner76

evotuner76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7790OC
    What is the deal with these 13.11 betas and the 7790? Its either driver stopped responding or they have terrible performance.With these in particular gpu-z shows like 95-99% gpu utilization all the time like its stuck. And absolutely terrible framerates in all games i have tried.I have submitted many bug tickets about this issue.The only newer drivers that seem stable are the 13.10 beta 2.Could anyone else with a 260x or a 7790 chime in on this to confirm its a widespread issue thanks!

16. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Here is pic of problem I am talking about.

[​IMG]

17. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    The reason they do it is 100% because they can get away with it without losing a penny.

In the olden days, games didn't have the infrastructure to shell out updates, especially on consoles. So the product they released better damn well be the "final", tested product. PC games had a bit more access to updates, but the system wasn't built in to the games, and required manually checking obscure, out-of-way sites.

But these days, companies know that they can "fix it in post", so to speak (film terminology). They can release a steamy beta pile of crap, everyone will buy it up, and then the company can essentially continue "development" on it in the coming weeks and months by rolling out updates.

That's essentially what it is -- retail beta testing. And companies see they can get away with it without any penalty, whatsoever.

18. Sdar

Sdar Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7950 boost
    I don't have any crashes in BF4 anymore... just have to train myself not to press spacebar to respawn...

Spacebar for respawn = crash

19. ALPINEST4RS

ALPINEST4RS Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 7970 GHZ 3GB
    Installed drivers. They're ok, still have stuttering screen as some other 7970 users did.

20. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    7790 have many problems i dont know why..