Cheap (less than 450$) PC vs BF4. What do you think?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by daltoy, Jun 19, 2014.

1. daltoy

daltoy Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 220 (XFX)
    Greetings everyone,

I am trying to build a cheap pc for playing 2013 games like Battlefield4 in Ultra-High with 1366 x 768 resolution (My country has foreign exchange control -> 400 USD for online shopping per year).

EDIT: What I need: CPU, Video Card, Memory, Motherboard, Power supply.

What do you think about this:

• CPU:AMD Athlon Multi Core Processor AD760KWOHLBOX, 760K Richland 3.8GHz Socket FM2 100W 85$
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n....8GHz&rh=n:172282,k:AMD+Athlon+X4+760K+3.8GHz

• Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 with G-SYNC Support 1GB GDDR5 128bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, HDMI,DP Graphics Card (01G-P4-2751-KR) 111$
    Note: There is a review in guru3d showing 32 FPS in 1920x1200 Ultra 2xMSAA in BF4
    (http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_750_and_750_ti_review,14.html)
    http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-...d=1403200698&sr=1-1&keywords=EVGA+GTX+750+1GB

• Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM - Blue (HX316C10F/4) 76$
    http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Hype...UTF8&qid=1403197942&sr=1-1&keywords=4+gb+ddr3

• Motherboard: MSI Computer Corp. A88XM-E45 Motherboards 73$
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...words=MSI+A88X-E45&rh=n:172282,k:MSI+A88X-E45

• Power Supply: Corsair CX Series 500 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze ATX12V/EPS12V 456 Power Supply CX500M 60$
    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Modul...403200882&sr=1-1&keywords=Corsair+CXM500W+PSU

Total: 405 $

(Very similar to: http://www.gamersnexus.net/pc-builds/1407-ultra-budget-gaming-pc-april)

I already have HDD - CD/DVD. Due to the shipping prices I will buy the case here in Venezuela.

I am thinking about spending and extra 14$ for the G.skill RipjawsX 8GB (4GB x 2) DDR3-1866 instead of kingston
    Any suggestion would be very appreciated. :)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Get a PS4. At least that's what I would do at that price.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I would buy a console with your limited budget.

4. ShutDown_Hussain

ShutDown_Hussain Active Member

GPU:
    rx 580 / 8GB
    Try to get the Radeon 265. Much better card.

5. SkippyScourge

SkippyScourge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 750 TI FTW 2GB
    Nonsense with the ps4 suggestions, he want's to build a PC, and the rig you have planned out will work just fine, it'll play any game available today on high settings or better with perfectly playable frame rates, the R7 265 suggested above might get you a few more fps, but it's also gonna take you over budget, I personally think you'll be more than satisfied with your build, as long as your objective is gaming and not trying to show off with benchmark scores......... there are also some nice $400 budget gaming PC builds on youtube if you'd like to get even some more ideas. Good luck, and most importantly, enjoy the experience. :)

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  7. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I beg to differ. I would buy a PS4 over a PC at that price point, although the rig will work just fine with the CPU suggested by Ice and a 265.

8. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Strongly consider the console unless you can get PC games locally for cheaper, given that the online purchase restriction applies on digital game purchases AFAIK which makes you unable to take proper advantage of game sales if you grab many games / spend the $400 on something else every year.

The 750 is weaker than the PS4's GPU, so given the nature of the console, it would do better as a gaming machine (with Joystick instead of KB+M).

9. SkippyScourge

SkippyScourge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 750 TI FTW 2GB
    I beg to differ with your begging to differ, before I swapped out to what I have now I was running a GTX 650, that's about half the performance of a plain 750, and even with it, I was playing games on ultra at 1920x1080 with perfectly playable frame rates, I'm not gonna say that it would play every single game at those settings, but even dropping down a little in detail would not make the experience unenjoyable as long as you're getting smooth frame rates........ as to the console suggestions, personally, not everyone is into consoles, me for instance, I'm a die hard PC gamer, it's the only platform I'll touch.

10. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I'm not a console gamer but I'd consider it if 400 was my PC gaming budget.

11. SkippyScourge

SkippyScourge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 750 TI FTW 2GB
    That's because everyone is under the impression that PC gaming has to be expensive, and that running 100fps in benchmarks is all the rage, and it's simply not true..... If gaming is your true objective, and not bragging rights over who has the best hardware, you can get by pretty cheap, there are budget gaming builds all over the net that someone with a limited budget could use as a reference to just get something together to get them in the game. PC offers tons more gaming options than console could ever hope.... consider all the thousands of MMOs out there for instance, you're not playing those on a console....... you're also not going to be able to play the tons of free games out there with a console.

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    If OP trully wants to play games then the PS4 is the way to go multiplats without sh!t port jobs, great console exclusives (like Uncharted, The Last of Us, MGS, Destiny I can keep going) and let's not forget when he/she is done with the game can resell it.

Note: on the F2P front you may want to check that out Sony is bringing a large number of those to the PS4 platform.

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Depends on the individual, I consider anything less than 60fps minimum fps unacceptable at 1440. I would buy a ps4 with a limited budget of 400 bucks. A console is not a nonsense suggestion and several people recommended this as well.

14. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Don't come at me like this is the only machine I have ever owned or used. I'm well aware of what can be put together at various price points, and from my experience, people who cheaply try and piece together a low cost, low end rig are usually not satisfied with their purchase.

If I was OP, I'd save until I had double that budget and put a rig together worth the time and money.

15. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I agree with Clawhammer, a cheap as possible PC will be lacklustre. He should start with an Intel chip, motherboard and memory. He could use the IGP on the Intel chip until he has enough to put a proper GPU inside. This may take longer to build or even get to use the PC but the results will be much better in the long run. Be smart, don't be impatient.

16. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You must not play many demanding games, that or you find low frame rates to be acceptable. There's nothing wrong with that of course, everyone has different standards. I do however agree with the others, buying a lacklustre PC, which in this case has little in the way of upgradability is a less than fantastic option. It'll only lead to disappointment in the end, at least the PS4 will still be chugging along decently in 3-4 years time, the rig in the OP will need to be rebuilt from the ground up almost.

At the very least I would recommend spending another 200-400 bucks on a gaming machine, aim to save money on the cost of games in the long run.

17. SkippyScourge

SkippyScourge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 750 TI FTW 2GB
    My apologies if I come off as barking at you, that's not my intention, lets be honest here, there are alot of snobs in the PC gaming community, they think if you're playing with anything less than an I7-4770k and a GTX 780 SLI rig, that you couldn't possibly have an enjoyable gaming experience... and personally I hate that attitude.... To a point I agree with you, if you go too cheap and do not think about your purchases, you will end up regretting it, but the fact remains that people DO put budget rigs together every day, and they DO perform well enough if you're not expecting too much of them, people even game on laptops with integrated graphics, ANY desktop you can put together with a dedicated graphics card is going to be LIGHT YEARS better than that. The rig the OP wants to put together is far from a power house, but it will game, how do I know? Because I've played with less. That doesn't mean there isn't any room for polish, but if he's trying to keep it around $400, it's going to be hard to do any better than what he already has.

Edit: OP, if you can go as high as $422, I might be able to suggest a better mobo/cpu combo.

AMD FX-4300 - $109.99

MSI 970A-G43 - $64.99

Can't post links, sorry, but search newegg and you will find the items for those prices, with free shipping.

This would outperform the 760k, and leave you with a nice cheap upgrade path to a six or eight core FX.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  18. daltoy

daltoy Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 220 (XFX)
  19. daltoy

daltoy Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 220 (XFX)
    Thanks to everyone for the answers,

A console in my country is not an option at least for me, if you try to buy the games here is really too expensive. I also have a collections of games in steam and I like to buy games when the sales comes.

By the way people, i said in the post that the 449$ were for: CPU, Video Card, Memory, Motherboard, Power supply. Without: optical drive, hdd, case (113$)

Optical Drive LG Optical Drive $20
    HDD WD Blue 1TB HDD 7200RPM $50
    Case Xion XON-560 Case $43
    (http://www.gamersnexus.net/pc-builds/1407-ultra-budget-gaming-pc-april)

If there is enough advantages I could rise to 450$-500$.

I'll check that alternative, thank you very much skippy.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  20. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    If you can go for $500-550 I would recommend building a budget system, as long as that money was simply for the desktop and you had an O/S and peripherals at hand. I'd recommend going for an i3 based system with a good Z based mobo with the view to upgrade in the future. That or a AMD 6300 with supporting mobo. Aim for nothing less than a 750ti/260 when buying the GPU. Also make sure to buy a decent 600w + PSU. That'll make your system perfectly upgradable in the future without the need to swap things out to compensate. Should also game well at 1080p.