installation RadeonPro how to

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Toine1, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Toine1

Toine1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Just in case, before I make a mess of it, my steps of RadeonPro installation:

1] delete all the AMD video drivers by un-installing them.
    2] running a reg cleaner to get rid of all of them in the registers
    3] Installation of 13.3beta3 ATI display driver and Catalyst control center only.
    4] Installation of RadeonPro.
    5] Installation of additional software like MSIafterburner, HW64 and GPUz.
    Is this OK or do I miss something???

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  2. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    The order does not matter at all but it is ideal not to be running any GPU software when uninstalling and installing drivers.

3. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    You should be alright. You probably did more than enough too. 3rd-party apps generally don't require a driver cleanup.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Learned that hard way long time ago. I simply had to see that game video on steam via HW accelerated flash player at same time I was installing new drivers :)
    BSODed in middle.

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

What was the purpose of the screenshot? That is not only from a very old Catalyst driver version, but obviously not after uninstalling the old drivers either. Also, makes no sense not installing AMD's OpenCL (AMD APP SDK Runtime), and Advanced Video Transcoding. Not having them installed just means you can't make use of it if suitable.

6. Toine1

Toine1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    So forum members could see what I mean by ATI display driver and Catalyst control center.

I was afraid some would give conflicts in RadeonPro.

7. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    radeon pro dosnt need fresh driver installs, it "just works" at least, every case of its use I have had(myself and dozens of clients/friends) its just worked :)