Early build of Windows Blue has leaked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2013.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Not all DX 11.1 features will be available on Windows 7. Quite a few will remain exclusive to Windows 8.

2. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    To be fair though, not many cards even do 11.1 though still, right? It really reminds me of DirectX 10.1 which was barely used.

Real problem is Windows 7 would never get say Directx 12, but that's a ways from now.

3. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    God damn guys, Windows 8's metro view is meant to be used on tablets and surfaces. Not on your desktop. Hence why it's called ''desktop view''. I've seen my friend use windows server 2012 with a surface pro (RDPed into the server) and really I got to say it makes me want to try it/buy it.

At the same time it's true that I'm an early adopter. so I'm used to the early rockyness of stuff. But damn you guys got to stop being so scared of change X_x

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    AMD Southern Island GPU is full DX 11.1 compliant. Nvidia Kepler has some DX 11.1 features disabled at the hardware level.

5. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    New pic of windows blue leaked:

[​IMG]

6. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    With the consoles having DX11.1 capable GPUs, it's definitely likely it will be used more than DX10.1 was.
    If Windows 9 comes next year, I don't think it's that farfetched to assume DX12 is coming as well

Also, DX10.1 cards did get some benefits when DX11 started being used. For example, Black Ops 2 and Hitman Absolution doesn't have MSAA on a DX10 card.

7. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    I don't mind them pushing new looks, but not this way, we need options.

8. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Skipping 2000 and 98 SE must be very easy for you. I could see how it would have to be. Otherwise your stupid chart looks ****ing retarded.

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    That dx 11.1 is something i dismissed cause as with 10.1 no one will use imo. I still have 3 computers with W8 cause i like it. But nope forcing would be releasing dx12 only for w8 or something.

10. iafro89

iafro89 Member Guru

GPU:
    7900XT
    +1...

11. bryonhowley

bryonhowley Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    Well Windows 8 is great for gaming or anything else. But you would have to actually try it and with a open mind and from most of the commits I have read even before the RTM release it is very obvious that most if not all of the haters have never even install it really sad that you would limit yourself from such a great overall OS but what ever. The best thing Microsoft could do would be to stop any updates or support except for critical updates for anything lower than Windows 8 no game support no nothing. If you insist on running on a obsolete OS that is all that you should get nothing! Personally I would like to all games and app refuse to install if you are not running the latest OS but I know that will not happen but it would be nice.

12. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    To be fair, 2000 was meant for businesses and 98SE is just 98 to the average user.

13. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Windows 98SE (second edition) is quite literally just a service pack for Windows 98, the difference being back the download was too great so they packaged it as a revised OS. The revised OS was a free update to Windows 98, if you paid for it you got ripped off! That said, you did have to pay for the disk (in a hard case) and postage of said disk (after applying for the upgrade) which was something like $12 or so.

If you think about it, Windows Blue is the same situation, existing OS under a new label, and the rumours are that it is a free upgrade for existing Windows 8 users.

14. JoeyJoeJoe5500

JoeyJoeJoe5500 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB
    I laugh at all the robots that automatically say that Win8 is good, all I can say about it, is that it is rage inducing. Start8 is a must to get the start menu back.

Also the fact that the brain-dead idiots that say that its good where the market is moving that its just technology getting better!!!! how everything is starting to revolve around mobile bull**** devices is a good thing. That is NOT a market that is moving forward, that is one market devouring another that is completely separate, and should have NOTHING to do with the mobile market. I do not use smart phones, or tablets, and to have that crap forced onto me is unacceptable. The whole computer industry will probably crash if this nonsense dose not stop.

Windows XP still being widly used, and Windows 7 having over 50% marketshare still is proof that we don't need garbage like Windows 8 that try to force EVERY ****ING PERSON to just shut the **** up, and get used to using ****ty touch interfaces is simply appalling. Now if Windows 8 was a major upgrade UNDER THE HOOD, and made minor but important tweaks to the GUI, that would make a hell of a lot more sense. MS is not thinking straight, and the people who just lay back and accept what is given to them are the stupid ones. People are seriously overestimating the value/importance of mobile gadgets, when in reality, they are just dumb toys for dumb people to play with when they are bored.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I guess you didn't look up how much the market is worth for Smartphones and Tablets. Forecast to be worth around $150 Billion by 2014. Which makes the PC market pretty worthless in comparison. Hence the change in direction Microsoft have taken with Windows 8.

16. JoeyJoeJoe5500

JoeyJoeJoe5500 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB
    And that value is bound to come crashing down when market fatigue quickly sets in for smartphones and tablets, and people discover that they are not as important, or as useful as they thought. And the PC market is "worthless" by comparison because it is saturated, and the fact that even an entry level PC is 50 times more powerful than even the best smartphones, and tablets makes it alot less necessary for most people to by better ones.

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Hmm PC market fatigue....smartphone and tablet fatigue. Seems like the amateur Nostradamus we have floating around here have missed and missed repeatedly. Here's a hint, while there is some application crossover for smartphones, tablets and desktops, their market is not the same. Frankly, a more credible critique of tablets and smartphones is increasing size and power usage.

18. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Heh...I know, right?

19. JoeyJoeJoe5500

JoeyJoeJoe5500 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB
    Ok, size and power usage is a more valid critique. Every new hot market segment is going to be worth crap loads of money at first, then slowly decreases as time goes on. Also, the mobile market seems to be trying to "cannibalize" the PC market, or thats what MS is trying to let happen, and thats the problem I have. I do not want to use an OS that is going to be more and more like a mobile OS. They are not the same market, so why try to foist it on the PC market?

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Because Microsoft wants to sell touchscreen laptops. Windows 8 is designed to run on these.