Shadow Warrior 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Good stuff man. I also finished first one and the second one without firing a single bullet. :p

2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I uninstalled it. Just not for me. Hopefully the dev's can make something outside of this series one day I can try

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    not your cup of tea, but for me this is an amazing throwback to classic shooters, with an amazing atmosphere.

4. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Thanks and nice :p
    Had to lower the difficulty for some of these melee weapons they are to weak, swords are great doh :p

Video of swords will come probally next week.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am really enjoying this game. For me, it's better than the original and is just as manic, fast-paced and entertaining as last year's DOOM reboot but with added humour.

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    agreed

7. I wouldn't really compare the new "DOOM" to SW2. The new DOOM is, gameplay/combat wise, so far from original games, that it couldn't really go any further. It was just built to please young, gore hungry generation playing Battlefields or COD. Luckily there isn't much Doom players who actually played original Doom when it was released, so who cares, right?

8. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Made a video of all the swords

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Started again from the beginning today (played for a few hours before only, a couple missions).

I was also put off by the hub world / loot system initially but returning to the game it felt much more enjoyable.

Nice change of pace from Dark Souls which I've played almost exclusively as of late.

10. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    *bump*

Currently for free at GoG's 10th anniversary sale. 47 hours left.

cerebus23 and MaXThReAT like this.

11. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    Yoink! Thank you! Good game, great price.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea was a fun little game already got it on gog awhile back when it was on sale with the DLC.

remember TB hating the game because he did not play it enough to figure out the crafting and etc.

You play first go on normal or even easy, farm drops and money and you can craft perfect runes or whatever they were called for your gear.

Once you get the end game sword and the runes you can crank the difficulty up to the max and just pwn everything.

fun times except the grind for mats and the rng of crafting.

13. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    It reminded me Borderlands, and felt a bit like it, which is good.

I hope SW3 can improve upon the grinding, make it less tedious, same goes for Destiny 2.

14. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I had after the first game a too big sense of a "I've already done this all.."
    I played to one boss and quit after that.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah, even if the game felt better on my second attempt, I got somehow detached from it again pretty quickly.

Feels SW 2 can't decide what it wants to be and tries to merge old-school shooting with modern tropes like hub world and loot drops.
    Which could work I suppose but not with Shadow Warrior I think. Balls-to-the-wall action and cheesy one liners, nothing extra, please.

Btw that's another thing, Lo Wang just won't shut up now. Throw in a comment every now and then, keep quiet the rest of the time.
    Perhaps as a result the humour feels forced in places as well.