Gigabyte Preps GeForce GTX TITAN WindForce 3X edition

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Gigabyte is about to release a GeForce GTX TITAN with customized WindForce 3X cooling. The company designed the cooling solution with an increased wattage rating. This is to ensure that the fans run...

Gigabyte Preps GeForce GTX TITAN WindForce 3X edition

2. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    I currently have an Gigabyte N670OC-2GD in Sli , will be buying a single titan card worth the upgrade or is wiser to wait for a next generation of gk cards from nvidia?

3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    next gen, will of-course be faster and overall better but titan is off the charts already, it is better than 2 gpu solution of any 6xx combination, especially well overclocked, that's why less latency, less stuttering and smoother framerates.

4. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Upgrade for what? low res games that even my gtx670m can max out!
    Wait for the next gen GPU's, that's what i'm doing also.

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I read about 20 pages of b'ing and moaning about "this fan looks like crap bla blah blah" at other forums
    SO WHAT its maybe the best non ref fan a company can put on a card.
    Dont know how they will get heatsinks on the vrm areas..if they do at all even

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    A single Titan will be slower in most games that scale well with SLI so I'd recommend waiting for the proper next-gen cards as they will likely be cheaper and even if they aren't faster then a single Titan then they will almost certainly be cheaper if you choose to buy two for SLI.

The Titan is a luxury uber-enthusiast product made for people who don't care about value for money when it comes to performance per £ (or $, whatever). It is a fantastic card but it is definitely not worth the asking price IMO; 50% faster than a GTX 680 on average for 2.5X the price. Yes, it is better to have the fastest single GPU card than SLI but what amazes me is that people buying the Titan are using them in SLI anyway!!! :3eyes:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Dont bother you wont see that much of an increase in performance to what you already have, wait for a more worthwhile upgrade.
    2x670 to a Titan is more of a sidegrade and you may be dissappointed if you go down this route.....think about what your actually getting for your money compared to your 2x670s, Your not actually getting anything except wasting your money.

8. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Yeah I thought so, I just needed to be assured by you guys, the professionals, I had a hunch that it would be a slightly huge overkill to go for a thousand euro gk...It boggles my mind some people actually went for a double titan Sli solution...
    I'll wait for the next gen, I just can't wait to see what will nvidia offer in the next generation of graphics cards :)

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Nothing wrong with going with 2xTitans if your coming from previous cards that offer much worse performance than 2xTitans.

Coming from a 2x670's to a Titan is hardly any difference, then you have all the downclocking issues, Stick with what you have, You know it makes good sense.

Go with your instinct its almost always the right decision in my experience.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I thought nvidia said no mods or power/voltage tweaks

But i had a hunch we will see them eventually.

I bet LE (13SMX) version will be custom almost by any manufacturer., if the price is right sub 500€ I just might get one LE, MSI TwinFrozr4 with 100mm fans would own :nerd:

11. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Check out their 7950 series. Bought one a while back. Got it home, guess what, no voltage control. You have this amazing, quiet cooler, and no ability to tune the card at all.

Worst of all, the ability to tune the voltage was removed after the first revision of the card, as far as I can tell. Some people can, some people can't. It also had a distinct lack of sensors. VRM temperatures and the like were completely inaccessible in the one I recieved (rev 2.1).

That, combined with the inability of the gigabyte OC software to detect the card (MSI and Trixx do just fine), I will never purchase Gigabyte again, and would encourage other protential customers to do the same.

12. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    The Windforce coolers are great if you give them breathing room. They're no option at all when the cards sit next to each other, like in tri-SLI. That completely blocks the airflow. My board has the two 16x PCIe slots set so that the cards need to sit next to each other even in 2-card SLI. The upper one went well into the 90°s under load and was LOUD. I've put the second card in the third long slot then. The PCIe 8x doesn't noticeably hurt, and now both cards run quiet and cool.

13. h0d

h0d Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Sea Hawk
    It think they made this card especially for those who only want one GPU. Plus it is a 1000 buck friking card. Whom may want three of these wont care about the vavuum sound.

14. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    would not the cooler put strain on the pci-e slot as no support on the card ? , just look at the lenth of the thing and weight

15. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Luckily that problem is easily fixed by a bios flash for most people, there's a lengthy post regarding the cards in the AMD section worth checking out. Not that I'm directing this at you, rather other people who might be unsure. Also, the cooler is quiet until you start having to turn the speeds up. I find it to be a lot louder than Sapphire's after market solutions once you start hitting 50-60% fan speeds. Solid cards but not the option I'd take if buying right now.

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I guess when you can run Crysis 3 (or any other title for that matter) with every setting maxed including AA and it's buttery smooth at 60+ FPS minimum no matter what is going on screen...
    You might see the business end of running TITANS in SLI. :)

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Buy 2 titans just for Crysis 3.
    Beat the game.
    Return said cards.
    ?????
    Profit.

:thumbup:

18. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Lol I can play crysis 3 with adaptive vsync on buttery smooth 60 fps for 99% of the time on my 670 gtx sli setup and most of the time the usage on both cards is only on 58-65 %, the 1 % framedrop occurs only in the first mission, where there was this bug with the swinging rope reported which causes the massive stuttering and fps drops, but overall I never go under 60 fps even in a 8vs8 multiplayer match, it's kind of hard to aim with adaptive vsync enabled, but I just preffer to have stable framerate with a little bit of mouse lag rather than get those awful screen tearing when vsync is disabled :)

19. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Doesnt Crysis 3 support V-sync and Tripple Buffering? ...
    Installing it as we speak so dont know yet, but if it does there's no need for Adaptive ( :puke2: ) V-sync.

V-sync, Tripple Buffering with 120Hz monitor = Gaming smoothness :banana:

20. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Been looking for info is asus is going to be doing a Titan DCii? Now thats what id buy, and maybe i will if it comes out...