Top single GPU's just became obsolete (crysis 3)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by lorikano, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    And here lies the problem.

A high end card is no longer a high end card when you need 2 or 3 of them... to do the job of a high end GPU (seriously THINK, BF3 is NOT a new game!! but I need TWO of my 'HIGH END' GPU's if I wish to remain above only 60FPS! at only basic resolution of 1080p!! with a NORMAL 4xMSAA!!!) and the fact this is expected/accepted shows the brainwashing has worked a treat, if i wanted 120hz 120FPS or tripple monitors or 8xMSAA then, THEEEEN I would expect to buy a SECOND CARD.

The high end card should be the one you pay £500! for and CAN (that's why you just shelled out such a shocking amount for a GPU - this is NOT NORMAL, STOP ACCEPTING IT)

The very fact Nvidia when they release a GOOD new architecture, they cripple the cards by installing slow ass memory or clocking it right down, just shows how badly they are holding back, specifically to keep us just out of reach well, basically, let me explain how Nvidia make there money in ONE SIMPLE PICTURE.

[​IMG]

There are allot of good guys on this forum and I mean no disrespect but, for example, when I read the Gefore TITAN thread, I swear down that is how I see a large portion of you in my mind, look at that donkeys face.

No disrespect intended.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  2. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Haha lol yeah.. :D It's pretty funny. XD

Nothing has been engulfed, they're all still very well capable. Just the game needs a bit more optimization.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    problem is there isn't a £500 card worth buying. sure, you can buy a gtx 680 4gb for that money, but a £250 hd 7950 overclocked will be faster so it really is just a waste of money. also, if we could max every game on a single gpu nobody would go for multi gpu setups. fact remains that a £250 card can still max out 90+ % of games no problem. and again, we've had games that wouldn't run well on top rigs on release ever since I can remember. nothing new here.

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    The game is what it is.
    Current gen hardware is what it is. Its incrementally better as expected and is ahead of AMD. You dont have to buy it.

Crysis 1 was way ahead of its day, nobody could run it maxed for years.
    Crysis 2 wasnt such a groundbreaker, people complained, and it had issues.
    Crysis 3 has been designed to be ahead of its time again.

Its not a surprise in any way that newer games and hardware are released close to each other.
    Its been like this from the start.

When you know something is bad, fine, create a stink.
    Right now, its just ranting.

5. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    I completely agree

But...
    How?

6. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X

:bang:

LOL, unless what? I want to run BF3 solid 60FPS 1080p on Ultra?

This scenario is CREATED but nobody sees it, it's created by the suits round the conference table at Nvidia.

And nobody sees it.

The scenarios is created so that if I want the above - I DOOOOOO have to buy it! What's out of hand is how they are making us go about it, and what they are charging (is BEYOND ABSURD) and how much money they are MILKING from us.

Still I am gonna bow out of this argument now, because it will go the same way as it always does.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    people have moaned for ages that they're paying a lot of money to play console ports. now they have something to play with their expensive setups. don't see a problem.

8. Tuoni

Tuoni Guest

GPU:
    Denise
    Crysis is just a glorified tech demo.
    Once you're over the "WOW" effect of the graphics after an hour you realize Crysis is just a mediocre shooter at best.
    Only reason it gets that much attention is because of the graphics and certainly not because it is such a good game.

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    and?

and?

No you dont.
    Play it with hardware you can afford and want to buy.
    Adjust settings accordingly.
    Alternatively, if you must max the game, wait a few years and play it then.
    Or do both.
    Fair amount of choice really.

Good idea, it will be better for your health :)

10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Resolution also plays a role here. The top single-GPU's apparently can't handle Crysis 3 at 60fps ato 1080p, but how about something lower (yes, there's resolutions lower than 1080p).

If you have a LCD screen, then going lower than native is going to affect IQ. A tradeoff might be to increase AA levels, or you could just not have the image scale, or window it.

I would assume multi-GPU setups are for people using higher-end resolutions (1080p and higher).

Anyone?

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    crysis 3 runs just fine on my rig with mostly on very high, only a couple of settings on high with 2xsmaa.

12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    By deliberately adding features that are too power hungry for todays hardware.

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-features/69582-crysis-3-to-push-pc-tech-to-the-max
    lol

13. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    It is matters. But in that particular case where in-game @uckedup DRM cut off 20-40% of your PC's capabilities...yeah, it kinda doesn't matter ;) But what's the point in so rude DRM I say...it just take some more time to hack it and I assure you, it is not gonna take that long time for those infamous hacking groups.

But maybe I'm just exaggerating and this new DRM from EA just a perfection and does not affect performance at all? XD

14. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
  15. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    I honestly doubt that...
    “We are always seeking to improve. We took a lot of that feedback on board. With every game on PC we are improving. Far Cry 3 and Assassin’s Creed III on PC were very high quality.”

This sentence is more than enough for me... AC3 was a very high quality game on PC ?
    I mean literally - WTF ?!
    What about the major bugs preventing completion of the game, major performance issues preventing smooth gameplay etc ?
    Does this PR person read the Ubi Forums where there are tons of issues reported ? I doubt that...

16. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    At least they removing DRM. In many cases a DRM alone can cause a huge deal of a problems and issues with games and how it affecting on amount of frames per seconds and such. We'll see how it goes with their "new" politics on that matter...

But frankly, they so many times bullsh*ting us that me personally don't wait any miracles from them...

PS. +1 on AC3 - pure buuuulsh****t!

17. Moegames

Moegames Guest

They didnt become obsolete, even higher-mid range GPU's today should be more then enough to do Crysis 3 Very High Visuals at reasonable framerates...Crytek is known for not-that-steller optimized game engines, period

The GPU's out today should have "been" producing Crysis 3 type visuals over a year or two ago running at respectful frames per second, problem is...there is really only one PC developer pushing cutting edge hardware..and while Crytek does a great job at making nice looking games..they do a poor job at optimizing their engines or games by release date.

I remember back in the good old days when we had many PC exclusive developers taking full advantage of cutting edge pc hardware..like back around the ATI 9800 Pro days and a bit before that as well..we were seeing game developers pushing out remarkable stunning games that were beyond anything else on consoles and ran remarkable well on mid range and high range gpus.

I guarantee if there were more than just Crytek trying to push current mid range and high end GPU's today..we'd see games surpass Crysis 3 at Very High settings running way better on current mid to high end hardware...i put my life on it.

Back in the day..a pc developer like Crytek that is known for awesome visuals were a dime a dozen...today they are the lone ranger.

Did anyone see that Killzone 4 game running on PS4 alpha hardware? That is on par with Crysis 3 very high settings..graphically and it's a launch game..wait unti ps4 is in its 2nd and 3rd year...we'll see games that totally blow away what we are seeing with Crysis 3.... am i suggesting that the PS4 is far superior in power than current PC's? Hell no... but that backs up my point..there arent any PC developers trying to take full advantage of current mid to high end pc hardware today besides Crytek and its highly unoptimized Crysis 3. You litterly need a 400 dollar plus GPU to run the game silky smooth at 60fps and 1080p and that is simply uncalled for..for what these mid end and high end GPU's really can produce with a decent processor and decent amount of ram...its Cryteks fault..no one elses.

But i question that article very much, 90% of the time ingame with Crysis 3 i am getting around low to high 40's fps with very high settings, x2 MSAA, x16 AF, 1440x900 with the only thing turned down is shadows & shading to "high" instead of "very high" which seems to have a huge impact boost on my system performance and its not even noticeable to my eyes with very high shadows & shading turned down to high. Everything else i have on "very high" settings and it provides a smooth gaming experience. I personally do not need some insane resolution to witness great visuals..at 1440x900..i am perfectly happy at that resolution..it fits in between 720p and 1080p and gives me and my overclocked 7870 card room to flex its muscles...look at my spec's to the left of this reply of mine...i have a 900 dollar rig and while Crysis 3 pushes my hardware while it really shouldnt..i still can play the game with mostly all "very high" settings and it runs smooth.

Also i would like to point out - there is not a much of a difference visually with all High settings vs all Very High settings with Crysis 3 that i noticed personally.

The graphics are remarkable to say the least - the best looking game to date so far.

PS: OP keep waiting for the 8000 series, they are going to be re-badged 7900 series cards from what i've read (correct me if i am wrong though) with maybe some slightly higher speeds..so you might as well push the button now.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
  18. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    You can be sure of an outcry if it were true.

20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20