New Killzone 2 MP video 19/08/08

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Aug 19, 2008.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  2. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    Sweet. Looks like a must buy for me.

3. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    I'm definitely getting this game.

4. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I'll Murdalize em!

5. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    Time to get a PS3, this game looks siiiiick.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i dont know why but cant watch the video. damn.

7. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Wow! That was crap. I mean do you guys really belive that that that was actual online play. I'm not talking graphics here but rather actual play. Because it was obviously prerecorded vid with some crap voice over. There was no hud or anything that would have people (me) belive that what I was watching was really being played.
    Chalk another fake preview up for Sony. Why they bother is beyond me.
    SONY ad department = fail with a side of stupid.

8. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    So because it has no HUD it's fake? Just asking.

9. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I thought it looked suspicious myself. But it does actually look like gameplay. Unlike that old e3 vid that was blatantly obvious.

10. p-nut

p-nut Guest

GPU:
    Diamond 5870
    Oh wow, I love how they exaggerate the online players. No one every plays like that, no one. It's either some quietness, trash talking, some team work maybe, laughing, or off topic talking.

But yeah this game looks real nice, when I get a new PC I'll sell my 360 for a PS3 to try out the PS3 games.

11. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Have you ever played one that didn't? Just asking. Even Hardcore in COD4 has a limited HUD.
    But really the thing that sticks out is the voice over and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any real "conflict/purpose" shown other than "run and shoot bad guys then throw bomb and continue to shoot bad guys while acting like a team that kills bad guys". If that is real MP game play than it has the lamest gameplay I have ever seen in a A+ title.

12. genecrazy

genecrazy Guest

wow..you're bashing the game because of no hud, and voice overs?

really?...REALLY?....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry but..i got to ask..are you a xbot???

i mean, i cant see how that did not look like gameplay regardless of a hud or not..i mean, i hope you know that most games these days dont have huds, in order to give a more cinematic experience

..have you seen mirror's edge?..go look at their latest gameplay footage..theres no hud at all...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXyAz1OCHek
    im wondering if that is going to get you all skeptical if that is gameplay footage or not...LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008
  13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i have managed to watch the video. just impressive. i just want to ask u that, did that guy throw smoke signal green grenade and that hovercraft gunship or what ever u call it, arrived and gun around? i mean is that works like COD4 choppers? noone is piloting that gunship i guess...cool idea from COD4.

14. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Sorry I just have to ask? Were you having a stroke while writing this? Try to form I thought and then write it down.
    Rewatch the clip and tell me how many bullets the guy has left. What's his heath status? What kind of shwag is in his inventory? If you have granades you have to know how many do you not? Where/what's the objective?
    Camparing this style of game to Mirrors Edge is like saying an apple is easy to peel becasue you can easily peel a banana. Mirrors Edge's gameplay doesn't rely on weapons or destroying stuff and the "path" you need to take is hi-lighted in yellow with red as markers for launch points and "special" landing/grabbing areas. This is easy to see and figure out.
    Now tell me what kind of game were they playing in the MP vid that was shown? CF? TDM? DM? Some other tactiacal game? You can't because it's impossible to. There was no hint of any type of game play just pretty graphics and crappy voice over.
    For a game with this type of potential why don't they just show a game being played instead trying to make it into some sort of production? Now campare it to Mirrors Edge in the marketing sence. Mirrors Edge's vid shows the game being played the way you would see it as you were playing it. It gives you an idea of what it would be like to play it. KZ2 MP vid shows you nothing like that but instead shows a bunch of random camer angles guys getting shot and it's voiced over with what sounds like a guy with control issues. Is that what I am expected to play when I go into a MP game? If so worst MP game ever.

15. genecrazy

genecrazy Guest

sorry..but i have to ask..why are you being such a faggot? You're flaming the game over a multiplayer TRAILER...a trailer..do you know what that is? i hope you do..and on top of that you're being a dick to people questioning your opinion about this game because your reasoning seems to be filled with lots of bull**** trolling. You can't blame ST19AG, and I for questioning your remarks.

The video does show SOME gameplay footage,and if its difficult for you to tell the difference between gameplay and cinematics, then you probably have a problem identifying things.

16. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Genecrazy got owned and should sail his failboat back to gametrailers .com where the fanboy bs is allowed to float. Lol Sprecker tooled you.

[​IMG]

17. genecrazy

genecrazy Guest

Ohhh alright, thats all i needed to know..thanks..it makes perfect sense now. You're right it isnt real gameplay footage.

PS: Who fuking peels an apple?

18. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Cool the hell down and cool down your language. No need to get rude.

19. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I can see you have thought this through and I acknowledge that. I respect your views and your insight into marketing and the game industries target audience. I am just fustrated that it is clearly above and beyond what I can comprehend. You are also right about the apples. I just keep hopping one day that peeling them would catch on because I love apple pie and hate pulling the peels out.
    My appologies.

On another note....
    Why do you think they didn't just show some real multi-player scenes? I wonder if it's just not finalised as to whot modes they will include. That would explain the lack of details shown and the "over the top" voice over.
    I can't help but to think that they think the game will sell itself (and it will) so they can just show whatever and people will eat it up. Either way, it will be interesting to see what the actual MP game will be like. Do you think they AI will have that crappy voice over or do you think that was just to make the vid look cool? J/K. :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  20. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    The game will probably look just as good as the video. When Sony showed the first KZ2 video many did not believed them. Now everyone are saying it is looking very close to that ;) According to GT KZ2 was most beautiful game in E3 not only because of single player but also the multilayer looks impressive compared to other games :cool: