Possible ideas for future Afterburner functionality upgrades

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. equeraide

equeraide New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    imo increase the recording FPS cap to 120fps. 100fps is a bit bleh...

2. GPUCoder

GPUCoder Member

GPU:
    ATI HD5870 CF @ 1GHz
    I think it should be good to unlock the system time displayed in OSD from monitoring period time. For example I have my monitoring period set to 5 seconds.

All my info on OSD flash every 5 seconds (except FPS) as it should. I'd like, however, time to be refreshed every second no matter what my monitoring period is set to.

3. chilly willy

chilly willy Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    adding the ability to have recordings stop and start a new file at certain file sizes or times would be great and save a ton of time for me. like have a basic couple of settings like 2 buttons either limit by size(if so name what size it will start a new file) or time(after how many minutes, seconds, hours whatever it will start a new file). so if i wanted a new file after every 30 minutes afterburner could hook that up for me. i know its possible i think bandicam does it.

4. Allan Davidson

Allan Davidson Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850
    I'd like to have SB/IB quicksync compatibility for recording and real-time x264 and AAC encoding. 0 performance impact.

5. njohnia

njohnia Guest

GPU:
    asus gtx 550 ti
    afterburner is essential for great fan control
    so right clicking on its notification area icon
    for close menu option only

otherwise minimize - and close x in gui mode
    minimizes to notification area only to ensure
    Afterburner stays active

6. danj

danj Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 ti
    Ability to record sound from multiple sources, teamspeak/game + local mic

Ability to have logitech LED display to show you are recording.

7. dark_skeleton

dark_skeleton Guest

GPU:
    MSI GF GTX 570 TFIII /SLI
    That's not it. He's referring to the new feature NVIDIA intruduced (recently, I think), called "Frame Rate Target", and which is already implemented in EVGA Precision X. NVIDIA boasts it's an API that's open for public, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement. I'd also really love to see this implemented, looks awesome in the youtube videos :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUqb8RI9Ao0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDnGjIxb1E0

That imho would be a misfire (and won't happen). AAC is licensed, so Afterburner would have to migrate from being an awesome free app to an awesome paid app with AAC codec (meh). You can always transcode the file to another format later (e.g. MeGUI, which can also use AAC codec if you download it from Nero website)

What for? Most such recordings are for youtube accounts etc, which require ~30FPS. Recording over 100FPS might be a pain to achieve and would bring benefit to maybe something under 1% of users

This I totally agree with, this would be a cool Fraps-like feature

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  8. Licaon

Licaon Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX660Ti-OC
    Did you bother to read my post? the first option was the one implemented by Unwinder in both MSIAfterburner and EVGAPrecision and the second was the way to activate the one in the nVidia drivers.

9. dark_skeleton

dark_skeleton Guest

GPU:
    Yes, I did. But I see you didn't bother to read and understand mine or Notoxic's. You didn't even watch any of those youtube links I attached.
    Frame Rate Target feature is NOT the same as frame limiting, which you mentioned in your post and you'd know that if you googled it :)

I would leave it to your own searching skills to find what the Frame Rate Target feature is exactly, but in case your Google fails:
    And no, this feature is not implemented in Afterburner and it can't just be activated in NVIDIA drivers.

"Frame Rate Target" from nvidia may sound like it's just a frame limiting solution, but it's not. I even considered the possibility that your post was really answering a frame limiting question (in which case I shall apologize for being this obstinate), but I haven't found any on previous pages ;<

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  10. Licaon

Licaon Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX660Ti-OC
    I currently use my 2 mentioned solutions for frame limiting and I get exactly what Frame Target is described as, I put it at 30fps so a game will work at 30fps and the GPU gets utilised at about 50% ( or whatever, it depends on the game, but less than 100% that is ) so the temperature is lower. Wasn't this the issue? Did I missread the idea behind FrameTarget as FrameLimit+ReducePowerIFNotNeeded ? Or maybe you want a dynamic downclock with it too or something akin the native GTX6xx GPUBoost control?

11. dark_skeleton

dark_skeleton Guest

GPU:
    Uhh let me just...
    That's what I was going on about from the beginning :) Dynamic OC/DC to achieve specified FPS. Also, lower GPU usage still means high clocks in your example, so power drain is still much higher than 100% GPU usage on lower clocks :) I was referring to just implementing the API from NVIDIA, but actually just started wondering if it's possible to implement for older GPU's.

btw right now I'm also using the RTSS' frame limiter feature since my input lag while using vsync is terrible, and without it I have ~300FPS in games, which is unnecessary (still, hate the tearing) :)

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  12. naizarak

naizarak Guest

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    i came here to post these 3 exact suggestions, but i see i'm not the only one

agreed. i play on a 1024*768 monitor and have trouble accessing the settings page. implementing a simple scroll bar would easily fix this.

this. i'm surprised afterburner doesn't already support it. :3eyes:

and, most importantly, this - the one about recording from multiple audio streams. other video recording apps already support this feature, i'm just waiting for Afterburner to catch up at this point.

13. Shadoflux

Shadoflux Guest

GPU:
    MSI 6870 Twin Frozr 2
    I really like MSI Afterburners recording feature, but I would really like to see an option for a direct show/virtual camera output similar to the direct show output in dxtory so that MSI Afterburner could be used to live stream games through FMLE or Xsplit.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  14. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    support for 64-bit executables...

15. HarryYTM

HarryYTM Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX TITAN
    In case of recording the teamwork gameplay video by using VoIP like Teamspeak 3, a feature to complete the voice conversation in the video is needed.

My I suggest the authors of Afterburner consider to add a feature to mix the external input by pushing the button defined by user, in order the record the player own voice while pushing the same hotkey defined in teamspeak 3 for push-to-talk.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012

16. Jekay

Jekay Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 570
    I love the video recording, but there should be more codec :)

17. Palcopstryk

Palcopstryk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 OC
    Hello. I know that you aren't interested in Gigabyte graphic cards, but please can someone fix the biggest mistake commited by this company, making HD6850 OC with different voltage regulator, making impossible to software increase of GPU voltage? I really like MSI Afterburner, and only thing holding me back in overclocking my graphic card is not supported voltage control in this program (basically any programs at all)...

Model: GV-R685OC-1GD
    Voltage regulator name:
    NCP 5395
    G5AG 1003G

In non overclocked version (GV-R685D5-1GD) there is:
    CHIL8214-03

BTW
    Monitoring of CPU usage, and temperature in OSD will be welcome :).

Best Regards
    GT

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  18. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    You can always record it uncompressed and encode into your codec of choice later.

19. lochlanntt

lochlanntt Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gt 650m 1gig
    Nvidia gt 650m

I was just woundering if you could expand the avaliable oc on the core clock of the Nvidia gt 650m it can be pushed alot more then the present maxium 530Mhz and still be stable. I have herd of people being able to push it further then 1000Mhz!
    And was also woundering if you guys have a paypal set up to give donations as i want to support msi as it is a great program!

20. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Thank you for your suggestion.
    But the clock still limit in NVIDIA.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.