Apple's Planned IWatch this year with custom iOS

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Apple's Planned IWatch will be released this year with custom iOS,Â*More details are emerging about Apple's forthcoming watch, which is targeted for release this year, according to a Bloomb...

Apple Plans IWatch this year with custom iOS

2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    "Apple's Planned 'iWatch' Could Be More Profitable Than TV", I don't think so. I still don't understand the craze with this sort of thing. Why don't you just pull your phone out of your pocket?

3. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    sometimes i cant stay away from my phone, getting out of my pocket every 30 seconds, this thing could come in very handy, you could use your gps directions without constantly looking at your phone, manage calls and all notifications without pulling out your phone every time and maybe you can use it as a remote controller for taking pictures, the possibilities are innumerable

also google's glass keep my interested, i would like a full screen covering both eyes with proper sunglasses, maybe lumia glasses or xperia glasses? idk but google's innvention need some style

4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    rights this is ridiculous and watch that gonna work like smart phone.... Who wants to go lbind trying to read smartphone stuff off a watch size screen.... What I forgot the Apple fanatics that will buy anything apple even if it stupid will buy it.

iToilet next?

7. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    You'd be surprised how many business deals get closed faster when you're wearing an expensive watch.

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    To your point Rolex> Apple anyway.

9. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Of course. Merely pointing out that watches are status symbols / fashion accessories these days. I'm sure an Apple watch will carry weight in whatever circles it will be considered desirable.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT

11. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  12. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    A sub $1,000 watch is expensive?

13. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    There are a lot of watch fanatics out there, watch companies still do pretty well despite phones. If you're not into watches, then likely you would never understand anyway. As for more profitable than TV, depends on the percentage of profits ratio. Currently there are many products that yield higher profit margins than TV.

14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Fat cigar+Cognac......

[​IMG]

Only watch is a Pocket Watch.......

15. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB

16. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
  17. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Well let say they will try sell it as an additional accessories for their Iphone, tablet.. Who can be used like many other connected watch ( notification, call, meteo, music control, APN control etc ( i dont think gps, the screen is small, and outside it is capable of stream it from the smartphone, battery life will be killed fast ( the problem stay the battery life if there's too much things demanding running during a certain times)

Im sure nearly all smartphone brands have one similar things somewhere in their project (as have do Sony, Motorolla ).. Problem stay the price, screen size, and capabilites due to performance.

I dont see a buisnessman who own a 2000$ watch going on a rendez-vous with that.. but could be ok when you are on your office, with the phone on the desk.

I dont think it will make sell more Iphone, but at the same times, it could drain some additional revenue with an expensive priced accessories for some of their user.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  18. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    What I have to charge my watch now? wtf....

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
  20. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm fond of watches, but were I to wear one I'd want a more classic design. Its been a few years since I put one on to be honest, the last was a rather expensive gift/family heirloom that was irreparably damaged during a house fire. I've not had the heart to buy one since. My out and about time keeping device has defaulted to my phone. Despite my disposition I feel that is the way for the vast majority of people.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013