*-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 9=-*

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by hallryu, Dec 13, 2011.

1. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

That's the standard gap when using the Koolance BKT-HX001 mounting bracket. It can be extended even more to ensure cooler air to the radiator for e.g.

[​IMG]

Not sure about "Surprising to see the use of fan grills, too" but you do realise fan grills are there to stop wires and fingers getting into fans and make no consequential difference to how the fan functions? not sure how excatly it makes the 'fans suck' unless you are refering to the lack of body parts being lost :3eyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2012
  2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    .... take a reasonably powerful fan... plug it in... and listen to the noise of the fan while feeling the airflow. Take that same fan... slap on one of those fan grills you're using, and do the same. In my experiences with fan grills, including those... noise is increased due to having an increased surface area to have to pull the air through, possibly also creating noise from the motor due to this, and also reduces airflow by quite a bit.

They may not LOOK like much.... but they're enough. static pressure can help... but only really if the obstruction is on the exhausting side of the fan. Don't think there's anything that can help it pull air INTO the fan better.

3. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
  4. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Hello
    Glad box
    Haven't been here in a while
    95 percent finished build
    Thermaltake Lanbox lite with and Antec Water radiator cooler stuck in there cooling my i2500K (4ghz when gaming)
    Got a new OCZ 750W PSU with flat cables, giving a bit more room.
    24inch 120hz 3D screen
    All red Yate Loon fans everywhere.
    No side panels yet. Pondering between mesh or plexiglass with holes
    Waddya ye think?
    [​IMG]
    By darrenj at 2012-04-06

[​IMG]
    By darrenj at 2012-04-06

[​IMG]
    By darrenj at 2012-04-06

[​IMG]
    By darrenj at 2012-04-06

[​IMG]
    By darrenj at 2012-04-06

5. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Hello Guru’ers, thought I’d post some pics of last weekend’s case upgrade. After a seven year long run with the Cooler Master Praetorian 730; it was finally time to treat myself to something new... but first, here are some pics the Cooler Master in all of its Classic glory!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and how we use to wire before cutouts. :3eyes:

[​IMG]

And finally... out with old and in with the new! I love how much room there is in this thing compared to the CM and so much easier to manage wires.

[​IMG]

I also upgraded from the noctua NH-U9B SE2 92mm to the Corsair H100, between the case and cpu cooling I dropped 12*c off load temps. The biggest issue I had the CM case was the tallest HSF I could get on there was 125mm. I’m now under 60*c with ITB fully loaded.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... and my sanctuary! :nerd:

[​IMG]

6. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Well... i think i can say that this is probably the last chair i'll buy that has basically a free-floating back support that's only held on by the arm rails. bottom front side of the rails has cracked in half, and now kinda worried about leaning back on the chair.

7. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    ^ lol... what, we need a pic of that!

8. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    .... your wish is blah blah blah....

[​IMG]

9. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    yeah ive ruined a lot of chairs like that and i dont weigh a thing

10. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    They really have to rethink their attachment method. I don't mean the free-floating back rest... i think that's awesome as hell. They should do something with where the screws attach. There doesn't really seem to be much of anything to stop you from screwing it in right up to the base.... which i think is where the problem lies. It puts excess strain on the already weakened area around the holes for the screws due to there being leather and crap constantly pushing outwards against the arm supports. They could probably quite easily fix the design by either having something on the base where the arms attach to extend the threaded part away from the base, so there's enough room to not add unnecessary pressure... or by having some sort of metal brace embedded in the plastic right around the screw holes.

11. AMOCO

AMOCO Guest

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte HD 6870
    My Rig

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And my new Gigabyte HD 6870's;
    [​IMG]

12. AMOCO

AMOCO Guest

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte HD 6870
    Just call the phone # on the bottom of the chair and they should send u a replacement arms for your chair.

13. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    That would be applicable if there actually WAS a phone number on the bottom of the chair. No phone number... no website... only really mention of the name Swinton Avenue Trading. Google search doesn't really provide anything but shopping results.

14. Piderman

Piderman Member

GPU:
    2x asus 680
    Computer and a-half

Hello everyone I have a few photos to throw up before I begin my upgrade in the coming month so I hope you enjoy my baby's.

First is the Media Box a great little box with one of my old Custom GTX 480s in it to do some gaming on the big 46" LED Sammy, this also streams TV from my main rig soon to be server.
    This also contains a i5-2380P, Corsair H40, mini-atx Asus board, and a 128GB Kingston SSD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My main Rig is Max Powers points to who gets the reference. The monitors where 3 24" BenQ LED's but I ripped the bezel off and mounted them on a stand:banana:
    That was a long weekend, haha.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the cable management is interesting to say the least with every SATA port filled the power for the 2 GTX 680s ended up all over the place.:3eyes:
    I have a i7-960 dummy clocked to 3.4 as I will be changing this soon anyways.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If your wondering about storage it is:
    a single 240gb OCZ Agility with a firmware update
    2x 3TB Seagate 7400RPM SATAlll Striped
    3x 2TB Seagate 5400RPM SATAlll Backup
    1x 2TB WD 5400RPM SATAll Scratch Drive
    [​IMG]

Thank you for having a stop and taking a look. If you have any questions just ask (I am still fairly new here):banana:

15. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Nice looking rigs Piderman and the monitors just look sick, like em.

You say you’re upgrading your main rig from the i7 960, what are you planning to upgrade too?

...do I see a rat?

16. Piderman

Piderman Member

GPU:
    2x asus 680
    Thank you! Well I am fairly torn I am waiting on the 3770k to come out so I can see some benchies. If it does not live up to spec then I may end up going the way of a i7-3820.
    I really do not like the waiting game.:bang:

And Yes I am using the rat 7 thank you for noticing I know there has been some bad reviews on it but it still works great.

17. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Luv your Themaltake Lite Box Piderman.
    Where'd you get the side mesh from??
    My build is still "naked"

18. Piderman

Piderman Member

GPU:
    2x asus 680
    Umm.. That's the modright mesh I am fairly sure Picked it up from FrozenCPU I have to admit it has some of the best air flow for that case. I know you will need something along that line plus it would look great with the Red lighting.

19. Faces Of Death

Faces Of Death Guest

GPU:
    Dual nVidia GTX680 4GB
  20. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
    A true guru would take that P3 PC and overclock it to make it run Crysis! LOL!!