ASUS GeForce GTX 780 Ti Matrix Platinum Edition review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 18, 2014.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Where are the 1080p results vs the older cards? 1080p is still what the resolution most people use.

I get this place is enthusiasts site but seriously most people still use 1080p and would like to see those results.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I was hoping so too.

3. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Other than eVGA most do void warranty.

Lucky the card is working perfectly, I just water cooled it..
    You can't use a card that sits at 82c which is on the edge of thermal throttling.
    Don't see temps over 44c now, I went with what I had till the water block gets here, Kraken G10 and Kraken x60.

Will get a GTX880 at the end of the year anyway, and it won't be Asus.

What I found interesting on the white sticker it did not say warranty void like on the standard Asus GTX780ti DCUII.
    [​IMG]
    Also check out the dodgy TIM job on my card.

[​IMG]

Sorry if they are off topic posts, I just wanted people to know what the "Real World" experiences of the card are, a lot of people like myself go off Guru3D's reviews.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  4. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    Seems the Asus direct cu cooler and the twin frozr cooler on msi gaming are the 2 quietest air cooling option on cards nowadays well other than goin aftermarket with the arctic accelero extreme.

I'm very impressed with the gtx 780ti. Word on the street is even after the gtx 880 is released the gtx 780ti will still be faster than it. So if you want the fastest single GPU the gtx 780ti is still very relevant. Full gk110 is still a lil too fast for little maxwell gm204. But i guess it's more fair to compare gm204 lil maxwell to gk104 lil kepler which is gtx 770.

I'm just dying to see what nvidia does to replace big kepler gk110 with big maxwell gm210. gm210 will likely be made under 20nm node as well. I'm expecting some massive gains. I expect 4k gaming to run well off a single big maxwell card. Maybe no ultra maxed all the way but good high settings on most every game in 4k with the 20nm gm210 big maxwell!