God I hate Trojans

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by BLEH!, Dec 11, 2012.

1. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Accidentally ended up on a weird SPanish website yesterday which somehow stuck a trojan on my system, it tried booting at startup, thankfull antivir stopped it executing, but didnt detect it. Malwarebytes detected it and then supposedly got rid, but didn't then ComboFix seemed to do the rest. I fecking hate ******* virus programmers.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    We all hate the idiots that write this ****....unfortunately, some people believe that castration followed by slow, painfull suffocation is "cruel and unusual punishment"....so we have little to deter these idiots....

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    To avoid problems like this, I use Firefox with a scriptblocker (noScript) and only allow sites that I trust to run scripts, and only those that need scripts to function properly.
    Also, my browser is run in a sandbox (Sandboxie) so if something does get through, I can delete the sandbox and start afresh.
    Even if I dont delete the sandbox, nothing can infect my OS, all malware gets left in the sandbox.

4. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I'll give noscript a try, Cheers Mufflore

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    np.

Once you have it installed, you can add icons to your menu bar at the top of the browser to quickly allow sites, either permanently or just for the session.
    Sometimes there are many domains to allow and some dont appear until other have been allowed, so you may need to visit Allow a few times on some awkward sites.
    You can also just blanket allow the whole page.

You can add another button that removes all the temporary allows you have made with one button press.
    These buttons are in the standard Firefox 'Customise' option.

6. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    Yeah I hate when a malicious program tries to send you to a infected site. I got a bogus Origins email saying my password had been reset. I was inspecting the source code and it tried to divert to a website. Luckily my firewall prevented the page from loading w/o my approval.

7. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    I thought trojans where the best condom brands?

8. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    nicely done sir

9. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I don't think the Trojan actually managed to install itself, there was no process running, no popups, redirects or anything, Antivir blocked something on startup and it seemed to work. Changed my passwords just in case, though.

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Bitdefender would have stopped that dead in its tracks warning you about the site before you even entered.:)

I visit any site that i want with no fear as im always warned about the site and even when i choose to enter still the realtime scanner picks any malware up and quarantines it, If bitdefender fails Malwarebytes catches it, If that fails Winpatrol catches anything trying to change my host or startup.

In my experience Bitdefender has not failed me since 2009.
    Hope you get it sorted mate, may have to backup and reinstall OS:)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012

11. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Seems to have shifted it mate, but I'll grab a few extra bits just to be on the safe side I think.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Hate them to, had to go and wipe my dads computer and reinstall windows the other day, then change all his passwords for everything he uses, as he got that facebook invitational virus that says it burns your hard drive (which is a load of guff), and the funny thing was, the email he read after that one, was a one saying if you get this one, don't click on the link, so he should have read that one first :p

13. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    You say God I hate Trojans! Why not ask God to get rid of them for ya then :)

14. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    God hates trojans!