How to get GPU temperature on my video card?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by RonCam, Nov 25, 2011.

1. RonCam

RonCam Guest

GPU:
    Radeon X300SE 256MB
    I have a Radeon X300SE 256MB board and would like to find the GPU temperature. I have yet to find a utility capable of showing this, including GPU-Z and the one on this site. I haven't installed the ATI Control Center, and was hoping not to do that.

I am beginning to wonder if this card, in fact, has a temperature sensor. A search of this form on "x300 temperature" gives no meaningful 'hits'.

Does it have a sensor? And, if yes, how may it be accessed?

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I do not think your card has a temperature sensor , otherwise it would show in any of the many VGA utilities available.

3. RonCam

RonCam Guest

GPU:
    Radeon X300SE 256MB
    Radeon really made a video card that can't be monitored?

I was beginning to suspect that ... didn't know they made cards without sensors, for this critical measurement!

I was going to remove the heat sink for a modification (its sharp edge is cutting into an adjacent electrolytic's insulating sleeve) and then replace it, making sure that the temperature was no greater afterwards. Looks as if this will be impossible to verify ... :confused:

4. RonCam

RonCam Guest

GPU:
    Radeon X300SE 256MB
    Thermal sensors

Confirmed from several sources ... the chip on this card lacks a thermal sensor.

There seems to be an electrical intermittent in one of the electrolytics.

I will replace the board, but there are complications on that that will be in a separate thread.

Thanks for the input, it was correct!