TheWorse v1.0 with Configurable Options

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by cmh175, Sep 24, 2014.

1. CannedBullets

CannedBullets Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    No useful stuff from the Ubi forums other then the fact that its an outdated version of the mod causing it to glitch out on people. I have the updated version, do you want me to send you any files or something so you can see what's wrong?

I am honestly pissed off, I paid for the Season Pass and now its a waste. We wouldn't need patches if Ubisoft didn't gimp the game on PC just so console babies don't question why their version looks like crap. So yeah, once you get down to it Ubisoft caused all this.

2. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    The game also just suffers from poor quality control. When it was first released it seemed like no one had actually tested it at all. I had crazy transparency issues, like buildings and fences and stuff showing through onto Aidans clothes. Made the game totally unplayable for the longest time.

If you aren't using anything additional to the mod than all in all the files are the same. Have you tried restarting the dlc? It sounds like the game had a hiccup right at a check point and it killed your game save. It sucks you're having such a hard time but after verifying the game cache it'll probably run fine now. Once you're sure you can control the rc car without the game freezing it gets pretty good, I think the dlc is better than the actual game.

3. CannedBullets

CannedBullets Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    Yeah I verified the game cache the first time to uninstall the mod, tried playing it stock and the same thing happened. I may have to restart the entire expansion pack.

The only mods I installed were the patch from this thread. Added other options also but they were also from this thread's main file.

4. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    It's a known bug of the DLC. You have to use the "TAB" key to open the wheel. The TAB key is the default keymapp for inventory ^^.

5. CannedBullets

CannedBullets Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    I think I have it mapped to the caps lock, but I'll try that, if that doesn't work then I'll have to start over.

EDIT: That worked, thanks!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  6. hishamerrish

hishamerrish Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 TI
    i will try it

7. RaulR

RaulR Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT AE
    Thank you for posting this mod, cmh175. It's really great and i enjoy playing the game with it, i like the fact i can choose what effects to use in the game. Also it runs smoother, not that much stuttering anymore, even though i get lower framerates, i think it's more playable this way.
    But i do have one request, if it's possible. I noticed that compared to the vanilla graphics, the shadows look a bit worse, especially in the day time. I think they are lower resolution then the default ones. Please correct me if i'm wrong :)
    So can you please give us the option of using the defaut shadows?

8. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    I agree with the above post, cmh175 has done great work! I get much less stuttering while driving even through my framerate is a bit lower than usual, which is great!

9. RaulR

RaulR Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT AE

Yes, but the shadows seems to be stuck on "Low" settings, even if i have them set to "Ultra" in the options. Only in daytime, in night they look fine.
    Other then that the mod is perfect. Does somebody else has this problem?

10. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    High bloom. This is kinda silly.

[​IMG]

Why is there no setting between low and high? I wish I knew how to edit the XML myself. Low seems too low and high seems like I have my gamma turned up as high as it could possibly go...

11. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    There isn't a setting between low and high. Technically it would be vanilla-> low-> high. Everything else is just higher and higher. Low is a good balance where the effect is present and pretty realistic and not overly blinding at night or have a wash out effect like in high. I had discontinued High at one point, but a few people still prefer it so I added it again with up to date settings. Unfortunately what's available is what can be done, at least without a buttload of hex editing in the bloom.lib, which I don't really have time for.

The shadow settings were actually increased for the mod, so I'm not sure what you mean. They look pretty good to me throughout the game, show me a screen shot of what you're talking about with the mod options and in game graphic settings you're using and I'll take a look.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  12. CobraCommander

CobraCommander Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9290X 4GB
    I usually play WD on my 70" Sony and it was far too bright for that screen, but when I brought it down to my second screen, it looked good. Reminded me a little of taking off your sunglasses during high noon.

On my LG 34UM95 monitor, I only wish I could stop it from snapping back to 16:9.

13. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Next question. Just started Bad Blood and this is the first scene.

[​IMG]

Is it the mod making the game stupidly dark, or is it like this with the vanilla game?

EDIT: Oh FFS. It was the mod. I reverted it and tried it vanilla.

[​IMG]

Guess I'm stuck with vanilla. Joy.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  14. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    You need to read the first post for any mod before installing it, particularly if you see NOTE written in bold. I can only assume you have the environment lighting option installed. I really should have just discontinued that. Add the vanilla option to fix the issue, I can assure you otherwise the mod wouldn't cause something like that.

15. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I missed that bit. It was a large OP :p

I'm trying default now to see if it fixes it, but I'm sure it will.

16. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Nope. I can't fix it. The default environment lighting folder in the mod options is empty. Deleting the environment lighting file from the "mods" folder still doesn't work. Game is still dark as **** indoors.

17. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    That's right, I forgot I didn't add the vanilla file. Yeah to uninstall just delete the file from the mod and it'll use the vanilla. Make sure the new patch files are being installed correctly, otherwise nothing else can cause the game to be that dark. Other than maybe your gamma settings.

18. RaulR

RaulR Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT AE

OK, sorry for posting late, but there it is. First of all, sorry for the image quality, but on my machine, MSI Afterburner captures images with an red tint on them, i don't know why. Also please keep in mind the same graphic setting were used with and without the mod (shadows on ultra).

With the mod installed:
    [​IMG]

Without the mod:
    [​IMG]

Also this, with the mod:
    [​IMG]

This without:
    [​IMG]

Without the mod the shadows look more defined, even in the distance, it's especially noticeable in motion.

After playing with the settings, i've noticed the shadows quality on "ultra" with the mod installed, look about the same with the shadows on "high" on the vanilla game.

Shadows high vanilla:
    [​IMG]

I hope it's clear now, what i'm talking about.
    I really like your mod, because it runs well on my machine, i've tried other mods but the performance is really low with them.
    If you need other photos with the game, please let me know :)

19. Scorpio82Co

Scorpio82Co Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 8GB
    do you think update the worse with 1.06 patch?

20. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    The new update didn't add anything to the patch files so an update to the mod isn't necessary.