Return of AMD FX: My OC'd AMD FX 8150 review with OC'd 6990 - First Results UP!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by polyzp, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Naw, you don't want their video cards either, pain in the ass drivers. If you insist you can send me one of your GTX 580s and I'll send you this 6900. :wanker:

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Sorry bro don't think 1 580 and 1 amd card will play well in sli. Lol

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Why would you spend all that money on something that's going to make 0.1% difference tops?

4. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    You know I was reading through the posts in this thread and came to this conclusion.

Bulldozer may not be Sandy Bridge, but it's plenty for gaming. If this guy wants the chip and feels excited about it, why can't he post reviews for his hardware?

I mean really, it's nice to see some real world performance from the community here for this chip.

I see too many people just bashing. If you aren't interested in the article, then you should just pass on by instead of leaving rude comments and attacking the review.

5. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    After reading this thread I have come to 2 conclutions;
    1: The OP is (IMHO) treading on a very slippery slope by posting reviews of other sites and not one from this site. To me it seems kind of in bad taste and rude. I could care less about results as I am not looking to replace my rig for a bit.
    2: The OP seems to be doing some sort of marketing here as he hasn't contributed anywhere else in the whole forum. Not even in other AMD CPU threads. I have only seen that done by a few others and they worked for G3d and their threads were there for support reasons.
    So what's the deal here? Why, if you are so versed in the AMD BD CPU, not offer help in other threads? Why is your first post (and only posts for that matter) a benchmark thread in a forum that does their own benchmarks? If the answer to the last question is to help people then please refer to the first question.
    I appologise if this is a real attempt at doing some good. It just reaks of marketing.

6. C4ampere

C4ampere Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670 Top
    Im excited over the results and what more benchmarks we can expect.

I think however its a bit unfair to compare this processor with an I7-2600k since i7 is a more expensive CPU and should perform better

7. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    Im sorry for not posting much in the forums here, as with numerous other forums I registered with to share my review with. My main center is over at overclock.net. I am a very busy person, and just actually thought it would be a good idea to post an update for my rig in this post to revitalize people's interest. I assure you I am not a viral marketer, and that I do not receive anything from AMD or any other companies.

My memory and motherboard were giving me issues due to a short circuit, so I purchased new hardware and plan on either selling or RMAing my other dysfunctional hardware in the future.

8. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    But it is interesting to see that Bulldozer will absolutely stomp an i7 3960x @ 4.7 ghz (look @ ensight in Specviewperf) in some tests, just like the i7 will absolutely stomp it in others.

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    BD stomping 3960x?? haha, amd rep >>>

10. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    Its ignorant for you to believe that the i7 will beat an FX 8150 in absolutely every benchmark or cpu test.

Stop trolling its getting old and lame :stewpid:

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    nah, the i7 3960x destroys the 8150, i can only think of one benchmark that amd cpus do extremely well in.

jesus... he posted the same thing on every forum out there lol

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I just Google OP name followed by 8150. 5 pages of hits

14. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    Out of over hundreds of interested visitors, only TWO people (trolls) have a real issue with my review.

You just proved that you know absolutely nothing about FX performance if you think a 3960x beats it in every single test.. haha

:stewpid:

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    where did I say that that chip would beat the 8150 in every single test??

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    He obviously confused you with Agent. Though seriously guys, just let him have his thread. Even if he's just a marketer, his seemingly legit benchmarks are alright. Bulldozer performs decently enough.

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Nobody said that 3960x beats it in every test. i said that ive only recalled seeing one bench out there that beat the 3960x and it was a bench tailored for AMD cpus, and yet it did not stomp the 3960x like you said.

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Its more like people driving real slow to see a horrific car crash than interested viewers.

19. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    There are numerous examples for tests where an AMD FX processor will wipe the floor with any i7. Look to specific passmark tests / sandra tests / specviewperf11 tests in my review.

20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    nobody wants to dig around looking for benches, just link them that has the 3960x in it.