ASUS launches A88XM-A - FM2+ APU ready Motherboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ASUS today announced A88XM-A, a FM2+ socketed motherboard that features high-endurance 5X Protection and new UEFI BIOS on the A88X chipset. The feature laden motherboard is equipped with ASUS 5X prote...

ASUS launches A88XM-A - FM2+ APU ready Motherboard

2. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I haven't owned too many FM2 boards but I have the a85-vpro and it hauls ass can oc memory and igpu like crazy.

3. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Is it a mistake (typo) or is the lifespan of these capacitors REALLY only 5000 hours?
    If one uses a computer, say, 8 hours a day, it is only some 600 days, which means a little more than a year and a half!!! Only 1.5 years?! But the old and plain (electrolitic) capacitors in my 15 years old hifi stereo set are still in a perfect condition (and I almost do not turn off my receiver!)!
    And we are talking here of "military class" and it's "extreme durability"!!!
    ----------------------------
    @after some researching, I found the complete info on lifespan of these capacitors:
    -5000 hours is related to the extremely high temperature to which these components could be exposed - up to 105*C
    -under the "normal" temp conditions (that is: below 80*C), the expected lifespan exceeds 10 years (though the review does not specify the number of hours per day):bed:

http://url.ie/jsrd

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  4. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    yea I was going to say that has to be at max output/heat even crappy caps last forever in the right conditions.

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I have not found reason yet to upgrade from my 85x board yet, but if I were to what would be my advantage aside from better cpu support down the line maybe? Maybe when the next series of APU's come out I'll look into it.

6. Bharadwaj Sridharan

Bharadwaj Sridharan Guest

GPU:
    Intel GMA
    What is the form factor of hdd or ssd or ssd 2.5 inch or 3.5 inch or mSATA or M.2 SSD?