Asrock z77 Pro 3 problem

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Tom_Brady, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Tom_Brady

Tom_Brady Guest

GPU:
    HD 4850 512 Mb
    Hello.
    I’ve got a problem with my new mobo, Asrock z77 Pro3 (and i5 2550k, 550W corsair).
    When I set multiplier @ 3,4 everything runs fine, offset is set to -0,140. The problem is, that when I set multiplier higher than that (for ex. 40), when I do a stability test on LinX, after 5 minutes, the speed is throttled down to 3.4Ghz for a few seconds, and then jumps back to 40. As the test goes on, the throttling rises more and more, to the point where it is throttled to 3.4 for 4-5 seconds before jumping back to 4.0. What can be wrong? Oc @ 4.0 should not be a problem… right?
    My temperature on CPU@4.0 is 60 degrees max, voltage is 1,24V (cooler Noctua NH U12P with backplate for s1155). Power limits are maxed. Eist, c-states disabled.
    What could makes throttling?
    Bios is actual, 1.90. Turning off thermal setting in bios did not help.
    Program ThrottlingStop did not help.
    I put a 80mm fan directly on power phase radiator on motherboard – it still throttling.
    When I choose everything on default (also with cmos) and pick optimized@ 4.0 it also throttling…
    Any suggestion?