Skyrim crossfire fix petition.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Del_Boy, Apr 24, 2012.

1. xoleras

xoleras Guest

GPU:
    msi lightning gtx 580 sli
    I do not have flickering problems, I am using 7970 crossfire.

Again -- make sure vsync if on, you will get texture problems on any hardware with vsync off in skyrim. It happens on my 680 box. Understand the physics engine in skyrim is designed for consoles and displays anomalies when vsync if off, regardless of hardware. Don't believe me? Read up at the beth forums.

Secondly, reinstall the game. Some legacy mods will cause these problems, while i'm 99% sure you won't bother, many people at the beth forums are saying this cleared their problems.

Reinstall the game, your save games will be safe since they are stored in your user directory. I really feel like its a mod error or something along those lines, try it.

Or you could do nothing and just whine here about it. Whatever floats your boat!

2. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    please read whole thread before posting.

3. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    xoleras we all here DEFINATELY tried ALL WE COULD to get skyrim running fine. Its a problem on the driver's end.

4. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)

5. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Hahaha I can see the connection :bigsmile:

6. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    All your horses running?

@Bestofbritish96,

Was wondering if all your gpus are being used in Trifire in Skyrim?? If you could fire up Afterburner and monitor their utilizations..

Thanks

7. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    no need, CAP xml clearly states:

<value Property="Version">3</value>
    <value Property="CrossfireProf">True</value>
    <value Property="ForcedAA">False</value>
    <value Property="VamEnable">True</value>
    <value Property="Alias">AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe</value>
    <value Property="MaxGPUs">2</value>
    <value Property="CPDMABltVBThre">256</value>
    <value Property="NobroadcastVB">True</value>

8. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    What would captain Kirk say... Scotty I need all my gpus!

Then this XML file can be modded?! Your the man for finally shedding light on this mystery! I'm going to try to unlock this ASAP!

9. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    if i was mod i would ban you all...why on earth for me plays smooth as butter.?

everything max, 1920x1080, constant 60+ fps.........................:puke2::bang:

10. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Cant find xml cap file..

I give up. I cant find that darn xml file anywhere..

Anyone know where its hiding?

Thanks

11. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    everyone 'raves' about skyrim about it pushing hardware limits etc.

I read that its really only dual core optimized. I read (in here) that crossfire doesnt work very happily...

For me, Crossfire fix will come eventually but... of course it will be fixed. The game is pretty long i hear and eventually probably before your done the game you will have a fix.

The most anyone of us amd consumers can do is report it to AMD.

i do wish that Skyrim would utilize more cores It would make the game smoother. I kindof wish Bathesda would do that...

12. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    :pc1:Ok ive stopped the flickering textures in game but still get green flashing menu screen, what i did was override the skyrim profile with the acb?p.exe, i didn't know you could do this, if i would have known this 6 months ago i wouldn't have had to use 11.10 all this time (thanks AMD). So i was right all along, it was the fix AMD first made in 11.11B that was the baddy.

Thanks to ipredator pointing out this link http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=509 whether you use enb or not this fix gets rid of flashing textures in-game YAY celebrate with :boob:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  13. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Glad it works for you too. Btw it also cures the water wave corruption when you jump in and stuff... so you only notice the flicker when choosing Quests etc.

14. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    you didnt notice asder's custom caps thread? i only took a couple months to realize what he's doing

\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\Application Profiles\atiapfxx.exe

sometime around october 2011, the functionality to create an XML out of the BLB was unlocked by AMD, so now anyone can view the CAP or modify it

15. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    Sounds nice and all, but i don't know to much about this sort of stuff, i knew about the custom caps, but i still don't know what atiapfxx.exe, BLB or XML means

16. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Modding cap profile guide wanted

Well I was able to figure out how to use the atiapfxx.exe file to convert blb to xml and back again. The problem is that I dont understand how to reinstate your new blb file. Is it good enough to copy replace it into the 'application profiles' folder and reboot?

Anyhow Asder tried to mod the gpu limit for xfire in the blb xml file but it didnt work for me. Must be hard locked on the driver level..

Thanks.

17. Sharoth

Sharoth Guest

GPU:
    XFX Merc 319 6900XT
    Now that you mention this, I noticed this the other day. Tried the 12.4 (8.97) betas and it does the same as with the 12.3 and 12.4 WHQL's. Kinda wierd as its silky smooth locked at 60 outdoors.

18. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    5870 Crossfire here.

When I play I get Random stutters, but I think some of its because I run the game max and it hits the ram limit.

OSD reports at times 2300mb of ram usage. Afterburner basically adds the ram from both cards, but realistically you split it in half and get 1150mb which is over the 5870 1 gb barrier.

I confirm this by disabling crossfire, something I knew before hand as crossfire-ed cards don't add ram together. I'm sure you all knew this but I never turned on the ram counter in afterburner until now.

My stutters go away when I kill all the AA and FXAA as the ram usage drops below 2 GB, even then I still notice some hicups, but the game plays just like arma 2, its not very optimized and being such a big game with so much going on, I just brush it off, its not bad enough to ruin game play but its noticeable.

Do any of you have this game installed on a SSD? I notice alot of trashing from the hard drive light. Just wondering if some of it is read and write lag.

I dont have any SSDs just a couple of Western digitals one 640GB for windows and games, and a 1 terabyte drive for MP3 and steam app folder storage.

I had a pair of cruical SSDs but they kept dying months after use so I gave up on them for now, next rig will sport a couple of big ones.

Regardless, the game plays 75 percent of the time pretty decent so I'm not complaining, considering the complexity of this game, Arma 2 acts the same way and in more ways than skyrim reminds me of it.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  19. Sharoth

Sharoth Guest

GPU:
    XFX Merc 319 6900XT
    I have skyrim on my single Cruicial 128GB SSD and it still stutters indoors, but is silky smooth outdoors. Don't get it..

20. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    yes, this stutter talk has been around since day1, affects single cards, it has to do with the iPresentInterval (vsync) setting in the config file & it's appeared in previous bethesda engine games (like fallout 3)