Is there any program to test gpu memory for errors?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by kens30, Mar 4, 2011.

1. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    As my post title says

2. Mikel7

Mikel7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX970/4096Mb
    With the program "Video Memory Stress Test" u can test your gpu ram.

3. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    or u can use OCCT..it has also a good Memory test for VGA Cards an some other stuff...

But use the Tool carefully...It is on the GPU stress test harder then Furmark..But u only wanna test the ram tahts ok then..

here it is mate:

Greetz Beta

edit:

[​IMG]

DONT USE THE PSU TEST...u might gonna blow it...

4. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    BetA13 i have used OCCT memtest and it shows thousands of errors but in games that utilize almost all VRAM i have no problems so i dont know if this tool is reliable or not.
    edit:My mistake no errors at all must have had my gpu overclocked when it showed all those errors.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011

5. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    So it's OK to use OCCT for mem testing, It's not as stresfull as OCCT GPU testing?

I use to use OCCT for CPU, GPU and video mem testing. I'm not shure I'll do it again because of all the advices arround not to do it because of possible shortening the GPU life span.
    And now nVidia recomends not to use FurMark any more so now I'm out of ideas for OC testing :3eyes:.

How are they testing the cards in production? It's no wonder some users have faulty cards if production testing is so "gentle" not to use torture test programs like OCCT :nerd:

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    3d mark series is good enough for gpu test.

7. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    OCCT reports thousands of errors on my card too, without overclock, but I have haven't experienced errors in games so far.
    Video Memory Stress Test reports 0 errors...
    OCCT is a bit sensitive.

8. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    I stoped with OCCT tests because I get errors and my screen goes off on 830/1660/2000 (default V; full load temp. max 70C). With all other tests, FurMark, Kombustor, 3dmark, Heaven it's stable.

yesterday I tried 860/1720/2000 1025mV with kombustor, furmark, heaven and 3-4 hours of Clear Sky gameplay, temp under 70C, no errors.

I guess OCCT is not very good on my machine.

What do you think of Stalker Call of Prypiat bencmark:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/S.T.A.L.K.E.R-Call-of-Pripyat-benchmark-download-2433.html

should I bother with this one or not?

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    That's all I use..

Kombuster is FurMark...

10. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    I know, and so is EVGA OC Scanner right?.
    OC scanner has that "scanner" for artifacts which is maybe a useful feature?

11. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    well your screen went off because probably in OCCT the vrn on your card become to hot
    after all those 70c is not VRM but the GPU itself and in a reference design GTX460 without
    any VRM Heatsink those parts tend to become to Hot some times even more than 100c
    (I have seen more than that )
    Look at this picture it's a reference not overclocked GTX460 that show 101.8 on Vrm's

[​IMG]

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I have no experience with eVGA's OC Scanner....but eVGA Precision and MSI Afterburner are both just GUI's for RivaTuner...

13. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    but it happens almost at the biggining of testing every time. and only OCCT.
    I tryed OC scanner a while ago with 860/1720/2000, 1000mV. 30min. temps under 70C, no errors or artifacts.
    Also if I'm not mistaken VRMs are in contact with cooler on gigabyte 460. Also I have 2 8x8cm vents blowing from the case side directly on the GPUs.
    My old 260 had 4 temp sensors and one was for VRMs, I don't understand why they removed that :-(.